Forum » FFXI » General » Post valentines day massacre
Post valentines day massacre
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-23 13:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao, Just because my AH page hasn't update since 2014, doesn't mean I am not still playing. Claiming is more than just NMs bud. Making assumptions about my play style and time based on what you find here = red herring. You are literally asking for insta port to every *** spot right where you want it and if you cant have that you are claiming is absurd to have to walk 10 minutes or less to anywhere in the game. You are lazy.

You are right your evidence is anecdotal, you have no way to confirm 100% that they don't use the speed hacks for shady ***, unless you slip into their back pocket for weeks at a time to see what they are doing.

Long story short, you wouldn't be happy even if they increased movement speed even more, because you aren't happy that they already made a plethora of travel options available for you. You want the game to play itself, maybe then you will be happy, so you can spam max gear, max levels, and then what? Most people I see that are maxed the *** out quit because they got nothing better to do. Many times leaving the other people who played to help them gear up, sacrificed their time to get those REMAS, are left kinda *** because that powerful elite character, is just too bored with the game to bother helping others with content.

Not saying that is everyone. But it happens. So you want to beat the game even faster so that you can later complain that you are bored, and then quit, wasting that weapons worth of currency from the server you are on, and everyone elses time that helped you. So yea, beating everything too fast, and winning at Vana'Diel, is not healthy for other players, or the game as a whole.

Edit: I generally use the word you in broad context, If I am specifically referring to an actual person I will use their name, in before QQing that I am singling a specific someone out.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-23 13:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Claiming is more than just NMs bud. Making assumptions about my play style and time based on what you find here = red herring.
Such as? Its easy to keep defending an argument when you can claim what im addressing isnt what you meant, so define it.
Quote:
you have no way to confirm 100% that they don't use the
speed hacks for shady ***
Again, define it. What "shady ***" can you do with speed+posing right now in the game? The last time it was exploitable was a few years back when people used it to exploit a loophole in salvage which was patched.
Then you go off on some tangent about elitist players, I will address this even though it goes off the main topic.

I can only offer my personal experience with it. I actually run my own ls on a small server with not many other ls's. We get things done and each member(of which, theres around 14 active and a few inactive atm) is respected and the offer to get people geared better is constantly thrown out and offered almost weekly on top of randomly after scheduled events. I dont even use tools for killing NMs because i can play the game well and know what strat works for what amount if players, different job combinations, etc. and if something fails im able to tweak it until we win. Ive been 70-75 with maats cap playing vanilla back in the 2000s then when abyssea came out i leveled every job manually and didnt even key leach any of them or pay for fell cleave parties until i made a second account. I wanted the full experience of everything the game has to offer the first time i did it and now that ive done that i dont feel like i gain anything from the time spent running between point A and B multiple times per day.
Im not sure how you imagine people who use tools, but i can assure you im not just some elitist d-ck head who only burns things up for points and then turns around and laughs at people who didnt.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-23 13:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
Quote:
Claiming is more than just NMs bud. Making assumptions about my play style and time based on what you find here = red herring.
Such as? Its easy to keep defending an argument when you can claim what im addressing isnt what you meant, so define it.

APEX mobs, gather spots, *** reives (mostly RMT bots). Broaden your view of what an advantaged movement speed over other players does for "claims".

edit, lots of III in that there second half, idc. Quit bitching about movement speed, its getting old.

Start bitching about DI respawn times, or daily limit capped ***, or having to select yes three times just to open a damn door, there are legitimate things that take up much more of your precious time than how fast you can physically move. Get the *** over it, its fine, move on, stoptryingtohaveaphilisophicaldebateontheharmfuleffectsonffxiecosystemswhilealsopassivlyagressivlybraggingabouthowawesomeyouarehinthintitsnotsubtleenoughalsoiwasnttalkingaboutyourposhackingfriendsbutahistoryofwhatihaveseenwhenpeopleaccomplishtheiringamegoalstoofastandhowithurtstheplayerbaseasawheolwhensaidplayerwiththatpowerfulnewweaponquitsanddoesntputittogoodusetohelpotherpeopleclearcontentfasterwithhigerdpstokillmobsfasterandthusmakethegmeasawholefasterforothers.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-23 13:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

if you broaden your mind even more, you realize that taking less time to do things gives you artificial progress that players who choose not to cheat do not have, resulting in you being more likely to be selected for groups, linkshells, and other opportunities than someone who played honestly for a similar amount of time
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-23 13:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if everyone had the same fair access, then it wouldn't be a problem anymore right?

Mad about people clipping from reive to reive? well if you could do it punishment free, you wouldn't be mad anymore right?

If everyone got access to the same speed hax, there'd be no more unfair advantages. Right now is where it's unfair. I can do whatever I want, literally superman from point a to point b to point c, and you have to physically run there, I think that's very unfair to you.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-23 13:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
APEX mobs, gather spots, *** reives (mostly RMT bots). Broaden your view of what an advantaged movement speed over other players does for "claims".
How does moving faster impact a stationary camp? Gather spots is a fair point but how many people are out there actually competing for gather spots?
I hate to be dismissive of your argument but none of that sounds like it impacts anyone. Unless exp camps on your server roam, to which i would concede that is actually an abuse to use speed+ against another roaming party.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-23 13:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Well, if everyone had the same fair access, then it wouldn't be a problem anymore right?

Mad about people clipping from reive to reive? well if you could do it punishment free, you wouldn't be mad anymore right?

If SE were to implement it in the base game and make it universal, whatever. The fact they haven't makes it cheating, and almost nothing is truly zero-sum in a MMO environment.

I don't really think the game needs more movement speed, I just think the playerbase has gotten used to so many cheats and automation tools that their standard for effort:reward is inflated to unsustainable levels and nothing will make them happy any more.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-23 13:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If everyone got access to the same speed hax, there'd be no more unfair advantages. Right now is where it's unfair. I can do whatever I want, literally superman from point a to point b to point c, and you have to physically run there, I think that's very unfair to you.
*** chicken or egg man, cant have the pie and eat it too, if everyone didn't pos hack then we would already be there. It will never be fast enough for 'that guy' because he isn't moving faster than the rest of the players.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-23 14:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Should you make everyone happy with a speed increase

Or keep "that guy" happy because he can stay "faster than everyone else"

Decisions decisions.

Much like every other qol thing they could do, there's no downside, it's just funny to see people argue against it. If everyone is using something to move faster, there's probably clear benefit in improving the system. I'm still annoyed that there's no way OUT of zones like outer rakaz, cirdas, rala. They have no SG and no HP. And that the survival guides in cities are in the unoptimal locations (north sandy instead of south sandy where ALL the other travel options are)
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-23 14:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

make everyone happy

it isn't a decision about happiness, it's a decision about game design

speeding everything up significantly accelerates the players progress and reduces the value of already created content.. they've already done this in a huge capacity by allowing all the warp systems to exist and giving the initial 25% speed boost

again, people have artificially inflated their standards for effort:reward by using countless tools to simplify and speed up just about everything in the game.. the neediness and demands for everything left to be easier or faster are a symptom of that, which is the real problem
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-23 14:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, why do people wanna sit around in town faster? Too much rushing these days.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-23 14:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything in the game that has a hard respawn time set server side it is more advantageous to be able to reach said spot physically faster, than with normal means of movement. Stationary or otherwise. In the case of reives and bots, it hurts people with normal movement because it's dead by the time they get there, no matter what reason a person has to want claim on that kill, someone moving faster is at an advantage, someone using outside game hax is at an unfair advantage. That is the gripe from people who aren't POS hacking. cut and dry.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-23 14:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this server is different but stationary camps either pull with voke/spell or RA to get outside of those ranges the camp would have to roam around. Another thing is the reives sound like a big deal to you, is there something to farming them? Reives are empty here with the only exception being cei/yashe where RMT roam. It could be server differences but theres also very few bots here.edit: this server is also mainly JP and outside of JP play times the servers pretty empty im not sure if it was always like this but im originally from titan that got merged into phoenix and titans population was majority JP as well. Not enough EU/NA players and things like shout parties or PUG groups are essentially non existent 90% of the day. If i didnt have my linkshell i would have transferred by now.

I agree to everything you say about the exp camp and unfairly getting to reives before others, its just not an issue on this server so i didnt have to think about it. This is why i asked what impact it has. I was aware of many differences in populated/non populated servers. I also knew exp camps were overly camped and i've heard the ??? spawns in escha zones were sometimes camped but the reives werent of the ones i was aware of. Does it give anything efficiently or is it just an alternative because main methods of making money are over camped?

I also see you edited a previous post to type thing without spaces and attempt to end the argument based on you being tired of seeing it. I should point out im not 'bragging' you called me out as someone who doesnt know what its like to play without all the enhancements we have now and then akin to people who use tools an act elitist without actually earning anything or giving back. If you are looking for a baseless argument thats fine but i was rebutting your points/attempts to write me off, with evidence to the contrary.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-23 14:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Here we are talking about equal playing fields in ffxi and quality of life improvements from in game running speed while billions of people starve to death
Did you come to ffxiah.com expecting serious debate about world troubles? or to talk about ffxi? I understand its supposed to be a 'lets put everything in perspective' moment and its def 3deep5me but i dont think either of us are heated and im trying to understand his argument better.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-23 16:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

edit, lots of III in that there second half, idc. Quit bitching about movement speed, its getting old.

Start bitching about DI respawn times, or daily limit capped ***, or having to select yes three times just to open a damn door, there are legitimate things that take up much more of your precious time than how fast you can physically move. Get the *** over it, its fine, move on, stoptryingtohaveaphilisophicaldebateontheharmfuleffectsonffxiecosystemswhilealsopassivlyagressivlybraggingabouthowawesomeyouarehinthintitsnotsubtleenoughalsoiwasnttalkingaboutyourposhackingfriendsbutahistoryofwhatihaveseenwhenpeopleaccomplishtheiringamegoalstoofastandhowithurtstheplayerbaseasawheolwhensaidplayerwiththatpowerfulnewweaponquitsanddoesntputittogoodusetohelpotherpeopleclearcontentfasterwithhigerdpstokillmobsfasterandthusmakethegmeasawholefasterforothers.

This post proves public education is failing our children.
By fonewear 2020-02-23 16:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao, Just because my AH page hasn't update since 2014, doesn't mean I am not still playing. Claiming is more than just NMs bud. Making assumptions about my play style and time based on what you find here = red herring. You are literally asking for insta port to every *** spot right where you want it and if you cant have that you are claiming is absurd to have to walk 10 minutes or less to anywhere in the game. You are lazy.

You are right your evidence is anecdotal, you have no way to confirm 100% that they don't use the speed hacks for shady ***, unless you slip into their back pocket for weeks at a time to see what they are doing.

Long story short, you wouldn't be happy even if they increased movement speed even more, because you aren't happy that they already made a plethora of travel options available for you. You want the game to play itself, maybe then you will be happy, so you can spam max gear, max levels, and then what? Most people I see that are maxed the *** out quit because they got nothing better to do. Many times leaving the other people who played to help them gear up, sacrificed their time to get those REMAS, are left kinda *** because that powerful elite character, is just too bored with the game to bother helping others with content.

Not saying that is everyone. But it happens. So you want to beat the game even faster so that you can later complain that you are bored, and then quit, wasting that weapons worth of currency from the server you are on, and everyone elses time that helped you. So yea, beating everything too fast, and winning at Vana'Diel, is not healthy for other players, or the game as a whole.

Edit: I generally use the word you in broad context, If I am specifically referring to an actual person I will use their name, in before QQing that I am singling a specific someone out.

There now no one has to read this ***.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-23 16:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

There now no one has to read this ***.

You just saved 5 mins of my life, thanks
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-02-23 18:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Want to get to the QSC geo magnetic fount your whole ambus party is using to get kills at but you dont have it yet? hope you got 10-15 min to run there from town.

I mean...... WTF is this.... Get your geo fonts unlocked. Nexus cape is also a thing, very handy, even getting to weird spots in dungeons. You make it sound like you should be able to port to w/e spot in the game you feel like. Seriously anyone using POS hacks in this day and age of getting anywhere in the game in under 10 minutes is sad and needs to go play a different game. Inner Raz is about the only exception. and even that zone is not the end of the world once you have the HP.

If you want to do ambu, go unlock ***you need to do ambu before wasting other peoples time on the port. Or even better tell your party to help you reach the spot.

edit: anyone running speed hax 24/7 that doesn't have all the vanilla travel option unlocked, truly lazy ***right there.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-23 20:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8