February 2020 Version Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2022-05-11
329 users online
Forum » FFXI » General » February 2020 Version Update
February 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-02-12 20:22:21
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-12 20:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The only thing they might do is change the elegy so bards don't lose their god damn minds. But I haven't seen anyone care yet.
Offline
Posts: 6916
By SimonSes 2020-02-12 20:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Meliorah said: »
Yeah now that the ceiling has been raised even higher, the only common sense thing the XI devs will do is bring the floor up, I could see them making everyone's auto attacks hit for 25,000 to compensate for the difference in power, weapon skills unchanged because that would be too powerful.

What new power lol. The only new power with Siren is that its harder to kill during AC and has piercing damage. The damage is the same. Because of that attack bonus with astral flow it might be slightly better for area where geomancy is nerfed, like dynamis D. Its still only 25% attack, so dont expect wonders.

The true rise in power would be if new bp would self light/darkness with itself.
 Asura.Geriond
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 2889
By Asura.Geriond 2020-02-12 20:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Hysteric Barrage almost definitely seems to have better ftp and/or mods than Volt Strike, from what I've seen.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
Posts: 411
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-02-12 20:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 




Another surprise from Siren, a wind based slow.

EDIT
The Dispel effect from Sonic Buffet appear to be wind based too, it doesn't work on Wind/Ice elementals. I thought it was unresistable because I could land it on mobs with 5% light/dark SDT.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1438
By Aerix 2020-02-12 21:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Jdove said: »
Im fairly sure they wont she is about as good as any other avatar not any more powerful she does get toned down when you aren't just killing low level trash mobs

Clarsach providing a massive buff for Conduit and Hysteric healing Siren to full no matter the target makes her significantly better than Ramuh. At the very least I expect SE will tone down those two effects or limit them somehow in future content.

What Siren does for current/old content doesn't really matter, it was easily zerged before her regardless.
 Odin.Senaki
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
Posts: 922
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-12 21:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The only thing they might do is change the elegy so bards don't lose their god damn minds. But I haven't seen anyone care yet.

*Cries in Bard*
Offline
Posts: 599
By kishr 2020-02-12 21:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It's too late the cat's out the bag just like afac.
Smnburnsallthethingspart2
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-02-12 21:37:50
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-12 21:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
In addition to wind damage it:
Grants Siren Attack +25%, Defense +25%, Magic Attack Bonus +25, Magic Defense Bonus +25, Evasion +50, and Magic Evasion +50 for a duration of 3 min.

Does not consume astral flow
Offline
Posts: 599
By kishr 2020-02-12 21:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'd pay to see a alliance of sirens murder a wave 3 dynD boss.
[+]
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-02-12 22:15:53
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: KenshiDRK
Posts: 122
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2020-02-12 22:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Looks like everyone in the Yoran Oran unity gets the nulls spells issue and Yoran Oran dissapears from the trust menu if you sort the magic menu
Offline
Posts: 6916
By SimonSes 2020-02-13 03:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Aerix said: »
massive buff for Conduit and Hysteric healing Siren

25% attack is not a massive boost, especially when AC zerg is almost always used with Idris bolster frailty and Dia and those alone floors target def to 1. People actually use beast roll, def down etc. on top of above debuffs which is a SUPER overkill already. That 25% attack bonus from Clarsach will be mostly relevant for SMN soloing something or lowmaning without Idris GEO.
Healing is more relevant for AC zergs, but still I dont think Ramuh or Ifrit were dying like flies during AC zergs and healing still wont help you much with being one shoted. Also even if they tone down absorb effect it wouldnt matter much. She would full heal herself even if the absorb would be 10% of damage, instead of 100% and I doubt they would do something like "it has xx% chance to absorb". It also looks like they would need to completely change the mechanic of that move to lower absorb amount or rate.
 Sylph.Snk
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: SNK
Posts: 210
By Sylph.Snk 2020-02-13 04:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm happy SMNs got some juicy goodness. BST however took it up the *** with that Ready change. Watching the rabbit hang for a second when doing Foot Kick or Whirl Claws is painful.

There was no reason to make that kind of change but the devs seem intent on hurting that job even more.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
Posts: 618
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-13 05:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Snk said: »
I'm happy SMNs got some juicy goodness. BST however took it up the *** with that Ready change. Watching the rabbit hang for a second when doing Foot Kick or Whirl Claws is painful.

There was no reason to make that kind of change but the devs seem intent on hurting that job even more.
Wait that was a nerf? I read it as a buff :/

Caveat: I don't play BST.
Offline
Posts: 1043
By Felgarr 2020-02-13 06:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Sylph.Snk said: »
I'm happy SMNs got some juicy goodness. BST however took it up the *** with that Ready change. Watching the rabbit hang for a second when doing Foot Kick or Whirl Claws is painful.

There was no reason to make that kind of change but the devs seem intent on hurting that job even more.
Wait that was a nerf? I read it as a buff :/

Caveat: I don't play BST.

It wasn't supposed to be a nerf, it was to reverse the INSTANT Ready activation from January. However SE says they made all Ready moves 60 frames/1sec activation ....if some went from 30 frames to 60 frames, I'd like to know ...but I don't think that's the case. Foot Kick was always a slight delay in activation.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2720
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 06:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Kenshi said: »
Looks like everyone in the Yoran Oran unity gets the nulls spells issue and Yoran Oran dissapears from the trust menu if you sort the magic menu

Swapped to Sylvie UC last night, and it's happening there also.
 Asura.Geriond
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 2889
By Asura.Geriond 2020-02-13 06:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »
Aerix said: »
massive buff for Conduit and Hysteric healing Siren

25% attack is not a massive boost, especially when AC zerg is almost always used with Idris bolster frailty and Dia and those alone floors target def to 1. People actually use beast roll, def down etc. on top of above debuffs which is a SUPER overkill already. That 25% attack bonus from Clarsach will be mostly relevant for SMN soloing something or lowmaning without Idris GEO.
Healing is more relevant for AC zergs, but still I dont think Ramuh or Ifrit were dying like flies during AC zergs and healing still wont help you much with being one shoted. Also even if they tone down absorb effect it wouldnt matter much. She would full heal herself even if the absorb would be 10% of damage, instead of 100% and I doubt they would do something like "it has xx% chance to absorb". It also looks like they would need to completely change the mechanic of that move to lower absorb amount or rate.
Healing might not matter for preventing oneshots, but CC's 25% defense, 25 MBD, and 50 MEVA definitely does. It's more than just the attack boost that makes it a significant buff.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: KenshiDRK
Posts: 122
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2020-02-13 06:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Ragnarok.Kenshi said: »
Looks like everyone in the Yoran Oran unity gets the nulls spells issue and Yoran Oran dissapears from the trust menu if you sort the magic menu

Swapped to Sylvie UC last night, and it's happening there also.

Did you had the issue before changing?
 Odin.Senaki
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
Posts: 922
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-13 06:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Felgarr said: »
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Sylph.Snk said: »
I'm happy SMNs got some juicy goodness. BST however took it up the *** with that Ready change. Watching the rabbit hang for a second when doing Foot Kick or Whirl Claws is painful.

There was no reason to make that kind of change but the devs seem intent on hurting that job even more.
Wait that was a nerf? I read it as a buff :/

Caveat: I don't play BST.

It wasn't supposed to be a nerf, it was to reverse the INSTANT Ready activation from January. However SE says they made all Ready moves 60 frames/1sec activation ....if some went from 30 frames to 60 frames, I'd like to know ...but I don't think that's the case. Foot Kick was always a slight delay in activation.

I'm feeling like it was more of a nerf than anything. Ready and Unleash spam always had a delay, unlike AC, but it feels like MORE of a delay now.
 Asura.Geriond
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 2889
By Asura.Geriond 2020-02-13 07:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Snk said: »
I'm happy SMNs got some juicy goodness. BST however took it up the *** with that Ready change. Watching the rabbit hang for a second when doing Foot Kick or Whirl Claws is painful.

There was no reason to make that kind of change but the devs seem intent on hurting that job even more.
They made that change zpecifically in response to BSTs asking for it. Lots of BSTs were complaining to SE that the new instant Ready times were too quick for precast > midcast to properly work, so they asked for them to make it longer again.
Offline
Posts: 1438
By Aerix 2020-02-13 07:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »
25% attack is not a massive boost, especially when AC zerg is almost always used with Idris bolster frailty and Dia and those alone floors target def to 1. People actually use beast roll, def down etc. on top of above debuffs which is a SUPER overkill already. That 25% attack bonus from Clarsach will be mostly relevant for SMN soloing something or lowmaning without Idris GEO.
Healing is more relevant for AC zergs, but still I dont think Ramuh or Ifrit were dying like flies during AC zergs and healing still wont help you much with being one shoted. Also even if they tone down absorb effect it wouldnt matter much. She would full heal herself even if the absorb would be 10% of damage, instead of 100% and I doubt they would do something like "it has xx% chance to absorb". It also looks like they would need to completely change the mechanic of that move to lower absorb amount or rate.

+25% Attack is absolutely a massive advantage over any other Avatar for content where Geomancy is nerfed. Aeonic and Omen aren't the only content where SMN is useful as even many Ambus include anti-GEO mechanics.

Also, while on paper it seems like Bolster Idris Frailty and Dia 2/3 would floor Defense on NMs without anti-GEO mechanics I'm fairly certain I've seen not insignificant damage variance unrelated to multiattack procs when Beast Roll wasn't up. I'm probably mistaken, but perhaps when fighting any NMs Defense from VIT or something isn't affected by debuffs and the last bit has to be overcome by decent amounts of Attack. Or there's a cap of some sort.

And as Geriond pointed out the added defensive stats make Siren much less likely to get randomly one-shotted by a spell or TP move.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2720
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 07:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Kenshi said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Ragnarok.Kenshi said: »
Looks like everyone in the Yoran Oran unity gets the nulls spells issue and Yoran Oran dissapears from the trust menu if you sort the magic menu

Swapped to Sylvie UC last night, and it's happening there also.

Did you had the issue before changing?

I didn't notice until after I had swapped, so not sure, couple of ciphers would not exchange also, but that may be quest interference?
Offline
Posts: 1273
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-13 11:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Aerix said: »
And as Geriond pointed out the added defensive stats make Siren much less likely to get randomly one-shotted by a spell or TP move.
Also, since there's Meva, less likely to get stunned/amnesia'd wasting AFAC.
Offline
Posts: 494
By Crossbones 2020-02-13 11:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anyone have a chance to test if sirens favor goes past the 75 cap? Unless I read it wrong looked like the testing was done around 50 sb mark.
Offline
Posts: 6916
By SimonSes 2020-02-13 11:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
FaeQueenCory said: »
Also, since there's Meva, less likely to get stunned/amnesia'd wasting AFAC.

50 meva is not enough to really change anything. You need to stack a lot of it to make visible difference. Also can Ramuh even be stunned and Siren being Wind based is weak against Ice, so against paralyze. Sounds to me that even with that 50 meva Siren is in worse position here.
Offline
By clearlyamule 2020-02-13 12:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Aerix said: »
SimonSes said: »
25% attack is not a massive boost, especially when AC zerg is almost always used with Idris bolster frailty and Dia and those alone floors target def to 1. People actually use beast roll, def down etc. on top of above debuffs which is a SUPER overkill already. That 25% attack bonus from Clarsach will be mostly relevant for SMN soloing something or lowmaning without Idris GEO.
Healing is more relevant for AC zergs, but still I dont think Ramuh or Ifrit were dying like flies during AC zergs and healing still wont help you much with being one shoted. Also even if they tone down absorb effect it wouldnt matter much. She would full heal herself even if the absorb would be 10% of damage, instead of 100% and I doubt they would do something like "it has xx% chance to absorb". It also looks like they would need to completely change the mechanic of that move to lower absorb amount or rate.

+25% Attack is absolutely a massive advantage over any other Avatar for content where Geomancy is nerfed. Aeonic and Omen aren't the only content where SMN is useful as even many Ambus include anti-GEO mechanics.

Also, while on paper it seems like Bolster Idris Frailty and Dia 2/3 would floor Defense on NMs without anti-GEO mechanics I'm fairly certain I've seen not insignificant damage variance unrelated to multiattack procs when Beast Roll wasn't up. I'm probably mistaken, but perhaps when fighting any NMs Defense from VIT or something isn't affected by debuffs and the last bit has to be overcome by decent amounts of Attack. Or there's a cap of some sort.

And as Geriond pointed out the added defensive stats make Siren much less likely to get randomly one-shotted by a spell or TP move.
At least on players there debuffs if strong enough will just reduce your checkparam stat to 1 regardless of base stats. Not sure if anyone has tested caps on mobs
 Asura.Geriond
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 2889
By Asura.Geriond 2020-02-13 12:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
Also, since there's Meva, less likely to get stunned/amnesia'd wasting AFAC.

50 meva is not enough to really change anything. You need to stack a lot of it to make visible difference. Also can Ramuh even be stunned and Siren being Wind based is weak against Ice, so against paralyze. Sounds to me that even with that 50 meva Siren is in worse position here.
Blood Pacts are treated like WSs, so they can't be paralyzed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
Posts: 411
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-02-13 14:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Crossbones said: »
Anyone have a chance to test if sirens favor goes past the 75 cap? Unless I read it wrong looked like the testing was done around 50 sb mark.
It doesn't go past the 75 cap. Monk's Roll (50) + Siren's Favor (23) + Sherida/Niqmaddu (10) put at 75 instead of 83.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Log in to post.