Forum » FFXI » General » whatever happened to Empyrean Gear +3
whatever happened to Empyrean Gear +3
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-14 04:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would make new 80 storages literally only loadable in the MH, totally worth it.

I'd even be fine with restricting safe, safe2 storage and locker to only viewable/loadable in MH too, if that makes coding "new 80 inventory item" easier.

You really don't need wardrobes, you just need somewhere to put all the ***they keep piling on with augments and the slip system sucks.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-14 04:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I'd be totally fine with that too, but I don't think they'd go that far and I'm sure many players would complain.

Still, making an exception just for all towns and not for every bloody zone sounds like something doable?
I dunno, would love to hear the opinion of people more competent with packets and behind_the_curtains stuff.

I know that in theory you can manipulate packets to ACCESS (and not just visualize) those 4 repositories in all the towns, but I don't think that's possible in all other zones, by SE design.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2020-01-14 04:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
SE already said multiple times that the 3 Escha zones are their way to give us "ilevel Abyssea".
Umm, can I get a link or 2 to them saying this? I don't recall this at all seriously. I highly doubt an iLVL Abyssea but a iLVL VW scares me, VW sucked.

10k DI points for head, hand and feet, 15k points for legs and 20k points for body.
>>813 days to get 5/5 doing DI every day! XD (prob less with some campain n stuff)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-14 05:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I would make new 80 storages literally only loadable in the MH, totally worth it.
Things like this are only bearable if you're using addons to move gear around with a single command though. People who don't use these tools wouldn't beenfit much from more mog storage as much.

Literally anything would help though.

it doesn't have to be efficient it just has to work well enough to hold more gear without adding (much) more burden to loading.
By Torzak 2020-01-14 10:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The full contents of the AH do not load every time you zone. They only load when you're intentionally trying to view the contents of a particular section on the AH.

They should be able to achieve the same thing for those contents in the MogHouse that you can't equip right on the spot without pulling them out of the Mog - make them load upon demand to view. They should be able to make the itemsearch functional with that, too.

This would save on the bag load times per zone, and possibly could allow for another Wardrobe while still having less load times per zone. If they could make this functional, there'd be zero reason they couldn't add more MogHouse only storage, too.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-14 10:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

From a software engineering background, I've always been of the opinion that this codebase is (probably) an unmaintainable, unscalable hellhole.

Another opinion of mine is that changing this part of the core game functionality is not trivial. But we do need it if we are to continue to play and they continue to release new gear.

We haven't had any strictly new content since December 2016 (Omen) and my hope is that this is what they've been working on all this time.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2020-01-14 13:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry, I'm sure someday we will get Abyssea [D] or something.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Darkkaze
user: Darcc
By Asura.Darkkaze 2020-01-14 14:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Don't worry, I'm sure someday we will get Abyssea [D] or something.

How many times does it have to be said that SE already said Escha/Reisenjima are Abyssea v2... Pretty sure at least 5 times in this thread.

Even with what SE has said I'd still enjoy an Abyssea (D) or w/e we want to imagine it'd be called.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-14 14:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SE might have said that Escha was the "Abyssea v2", but unless there's a crazy proccing system that requires 15 different jobs in one alliance it doesn't count for most.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2020-01-14 15:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

And Limbus/Salvage was thought to be a Dynamis v2 when it first came out. Didn't stop them from releasing Limbus v2, Salvage v2, and Dynamis v2.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-14 15:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

SE also said they were done making content a few years back and we see how that turned out.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-01-14 15:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be released very soon, please be excited and stay subscribed.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Torzak 2020-01-14 15:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
We are going to release something really exciting in 2022!

Will I even be playing this stupid game in 2022. I can't wait!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-14 16:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
And Limbus/Salvage was thought to be a Dynamis v2 when it first came out. Didn't stop them from releasing Limbus v2, Salvage v2, and Dynamis v2.

Caerda said: »
This is not a thought though. SE stated escha was abyssea v2.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
SE also said they were done making content a few years back and we see how that turned out.

My point merely was it doesn't matter what SE says, be it in a "Freshly Picked", Official Release Notes, or even something casually said at an omakase to the sushi chef. It just flat out doesn't matter to us players. If the version 2.0 of something doesn't boil down to EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL, just higher levels, the playerbase will scream about it "not being teh sames! I don't have the same old feelz!!!"

Jesus we're getting as bad as Star Wars fans.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-14 16:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So far it's been manual with some things you can expect but cannot take for granted.
Likewise for Login points, can expect things with a certain degree of precision but can never be 100% sure.

Monthly objs have cycled on a predictable way instead.
By kishr 2020-01-14 18:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go storm the SE office during bussiness hours, and you can find out easier.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-01-17 10:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Making inventories that only load in MH is the wrong way to go about it. They could increase the packet size cap tenfold with modern hardware, and it may be as simple as toggling a few values in their system and assessing load changes. That would make everything load 10x faster so it doesn't matter how many inventories they give you. They already killed windows 7 support, console support, *** dialup.
[+]