Forum » FFXI » General » This year's harvest festival prizes
This year's harvest festival prizes
 Ifrit.Darzander
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Darzander
By Ifrit.Darzander 2009-10-16 20:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed last version update that three new pumpkin lanterns were included in the list of new items: Pepo Lantern, Cushaw Lantern, and Calabazilla Lantern. They all have the same description, so I thought they'd all be prizes this year... However, I've only been able to get the Calabazilla lantern. I've recieved it about six times, and I've tried all kinds of things to try to get one of the other ones. I've tried doing the pyracmon event in all three nations, wearing NQ and HQ cloaks and/or other event year, killing different numbers of bats, fighting pyracmon in a party with someone... I've tried doing the wake of the lilies several times, I've checked the vendor moogle--which, by the way, why aren't there vendors in the nations?--with and without wake of the lilies hats. It says on the event page that if you talk to them with one of those on, you might be "in for a special treat," but I've seen no difference in the items for sale with or without either hat or any other event gear. The only thing I haven't done is doing the Wake of the Lilies in the other two nations...

Another thing of note is that until today, the event pages said that there would be vendor stalls in the nations. It was edited earlier, and I'm beginning to think that maybe they messed up the event somehow, and have decided not to fix it. They've had the vendor moogles in the nations for every event for years... I can't think of why they'd change that now.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-16 20:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard the other 2 lanterns would be a prize coming with the pumpkin carving contest. I think one of the pumpkin is very very huge, I wish I could get it lol.
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-10-16 21:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Devs got more important things to worry about like FFXIV. I doubt they even care about FFXI events especially since 90% of its gear/items are emo at best and no one really complains about them. Dont get me wrong, the events are kinda cool sometimes if it is your first time doing them. But imo the lottery event is the only event that draws attention to devs and even LOL <GM> Dave.

{GM Dave} said:
Jormungand hits Player for 12,972 points of damage.
Player was defeated by Jormungand.
 Ifrit.Darzander
Server: Ifrit
user: Darzander
By Ifrit.Darzander 2009-10-16 21:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems you are right, liquidz ;_;

I wish I'd read about that earlier. ><