Drone Striking Mexican Drug Cartels

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Drone striking Mexican drug cartels
Drone striking Mexican drug cartels
First Page 2

| Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-11-26 19:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we should leave the thread creation to the mods.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2019-11-26 19:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I think we should leave the thread creation to the mods.

Nope; y'all create your own threads now. Mods making RPR just annoyed them and the lack of a distinct topic meant things would fly all over the place.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-26 19:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine. Ahem. It's illegal to drone strike human beings on American soil. Trump can say whatever he wants, it doesnt matter.

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
By Cruz Missive 2019-11-26 20:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
The President can set new laws

Congress makes laws. The President just enforces them.

I know you're not American, but there's supposed to be real separation of powers for exactly that reason, so no one can do everything on their own. Otherwise you just end up with a king, which we fought a war specifically to avoid.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-26 20:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruz Missive said: »
The President can set new laws

Congress makes laws. The President just enforces them.

I know you're not American, but there's supposed to be real separation of powers for exactly that reason, so no one can do everything on their own. Otherwise you just end up with a king, which we fought a war specifically to avoid.

And on that note, whatever Congress and the President agree on is okay with me. The cartels are incredibly dangerous in more ways than one, and I wouldn't be too picky about the exact methods used to wipe them from the Earth.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Exodus
By Putin On'the'ritz 2019-11-26 20:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So the President is just a puppet and hence it makes sense that you have a TV celebrity for a President?

Not at all. "Executive orders" work well as temporary laws for a lot of things, and the President controls appointees for major departments. The POTUS is far, far more powerful than the Founders actually intended. They just can't put new permanent laws on the books without getting Congress to go through the motions.

This is why, ultimately, Presidential candidates can make whatever promises they want, but they are always going to be beholden to whichever party controls Congress to actually get anything done.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-26 20:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

100% for it, lets invade Mexico to win the War on Drugs.

:Troll Face:
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-26 20:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What I don't get in this whole situation is why the President of Mexico would be offended at the proposition. If he was against the drug cartels he should even allow Trump to drone strike them in Mexico as long as they are away from civilisation.

I realize that I'm kinda playing both sides of the argument here, but if it was our citizens supplying drugs to Mexico, would you expect us to be okay with them bombing our people?

On top of that, the cartels thrive in part due to high levels of corruption in the government. There are more political layers to this than you might think.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-26 20:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A part of the Mexican position is if you gringos didn't buy it we wouldn't have this problem.

Those high levels of corruption are directly related to the cartels' money and military might. I mean we can pay you or we can kill you is a rather convincing argument.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2019-11-27 02:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt a part of Mexicos poverty... and hence drug problems directly related to the decennia long refusal of the US to import Mexican agricultural products, hence protecting their own agro industry? (I know the EU does that shitmove too with Africa, hence why I eat veggies from my local biogrower, I'm not ethically OK with these kind of practices, I'm not OK that you're pretty much obliged these days to throw your values in the bin in name of globalisation and economics)
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-27 09:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We import a LOT of veggies from Mexico. Most from industrialized corporate farms.

I know there are farm cooperatives which market produce from smaller farms but I have no idea how widespread the practice or what % of exports they have.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-11-27 10:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
We import a LOT of veggies from Mexico. Most from industrialized corporate farms.

I know there are farm cooperatives which market produce from smaller farms but I have no idea how widespread the practice or what % of exports they have.

Netflix Rotten Season 2 talked a little about this. It also talked a little about how family farmers got kidnapped and ransomed from the cartels.
This topic really sucks
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-11-27 10:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What solution has Trump offered?
By fonewear 2019-11-27 10:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
100% for it, lets invade Mexico to win the War on Drugs.

:Troll Face:

Not only would we win...we could setup Taco Bell's in Mexico !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-27 11:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
What solution has Trump offered?
Hi Vic. I posted two links for you to read. Don't bother replying to posts if you're going to selectively take interest in posts while ignoring previous attempts to inform you of the nature of the discussion.[/quote

Haha, Trump shared that same talking point two years ago and it didn't happen because he can't snap his fingers and label people terror groups. Additionally, as I already stated, drone strikes on American soil are completely illegal and there is nothing Trump can do about it. So I ask again, what real solution has Trump proposed?
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-27 11:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Netflix Rotten Season 2 talked a little about this. It also talked a little about how family farmers got kidnapped and ransomed from the cartels.
This topic really sucks
I remember that episode, it was well done.

The marijuana episode was fascinating.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-11-27 11:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering it's completely in violation of the Constitution, no he cannot. Pesky Constitution.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2019-11-27 11:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all for cracking down on major crime and all and yes they are a problem but *** bombing our own country. There will be collateral and that will be U.S. citizens. And how long before it gets expanded
[+]
Server: Excalibur
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-11-27 12:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

sniping cartels with drones will not solve any issue.
cartels are very very deeply ingrained not just in the Mexican government but in most of South America countries as well.

While droning some cartel members will make really nice headlines and make people at ease, and give the president votes, it will just make an empty spot for someone else to fill and continue the vicious cycle.
[+]
First Page 2