Medals - A Discussion REBORN!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Medals - A discussion REBORN!
Medals - A discussion REBORN!
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 47 48 49
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 09:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If it wasn't me, you were still going to get hit whenever SE caught on. You weren't doing the game a favor by duping ***. You deserved the ban you got, and you're blaming me because this is one of the rare cases where you have an external person to blame for a ban.

The truth is, if you hadn't cheated, you wouldn't have been banned. Your people probably sold tons of gil in the process, so you don't have a high horse there either.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They actually gave half a ***, but the botted shields that USE(d) the medals, that's totally fine.
Nah, Kem Canibal etc got banned too. Honestly, and multiple people have said this from the start, SE treats real exploits much differently than anything else. This is the only possible outcome, and we all knew it. The people(including you) who continued to say and think otherwise just haven't been in on any of them in the past.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-13 09:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Loose lips sink ships

Gotta keep hidden Chinese secrets... secret...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-13 09:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kem you should have just given me that Fudo Masamune you were trying to unload last night for free. Damn fam.

(Are we to assume people who bought duped medals/Su5s intentionally might get caught in the crossfire?)
By L0ki79 2019-11-13 09:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If it wasn't me, you were still going to get hit whenever SE caught on. You weren't doing the game a favor by duping ***. You deserved the ban you got, and you're blaming me because this is one of the rare cases where you have an external person to blame for a ban.

The truth is, if you hadn't cheated, you wouldn't have been banned. Your people probably sold tons of gil in the process, so you don't have a high horse there either.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They actually gave half a ***, but the botted shields that USE(d) the medals, that's totally fine.
Nah, Kem Canibal etc got banned too. Honestly, and multiple people have said this from the start, SE treats real exploits much differently than anything else. This is the only possible outcome, and we all knew it. The people(including you) who continued to say and think otherwise just haven't been in on any of them in the past.

100% Knew the risks, and am fine with the outcome. Didn't sell any gil, and used mainly out of boredom in an old game. The fact that you openly admit to being RMT and not wanting to cut into you margins is total trash though. I just think it's amusing that and the many exploits used to that end are fine with everyone here yet this was some major ordeal.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 09:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Kem you should have just given me that Fudo Masamune you were trying to unload last night for free. Damn fam.

(Are we to assume people who bought duped medals/Su5s intentionally might get caught in the crossfire?)

If they want to have a game afterword, no

Not an exaggeration, they would have to ban literally everyone. Except me, for once, I'm 10000% innocent lul. Ive never set foot in dynamis, talked to aurix, own absolutely zero of anything that could have been duped.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 09:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be more concerned about quantity than intent. If you bought 2000 cheap medals from someone who was duping them, you might be mistaken as a mule they're using to try to hide the medals and banned.

If you shouted 'someone sell me a duped medal' and bought that medal for cheap, nah. The chances of combining the item history with arbitrary chat aren't great, they're going to be more concerned with where the items went.
 Asura.Whiss
By Asura.Whiss 2019-11-13 09:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn kem.. How u get banned.. Rip now I gotta find a new ls after work.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-13 09:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't buy any medals from you even when they were 500k, but I know a lot of people/friends who did. Just don't think it's totally a smart idea to ban people who may or may not have known about how it was created, and how they could prove whether you were a sock account trying to hold onto excess medals. Then again, wouldn't put it past them
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 09:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

how they could prove whether you were a sock account trying to hold onto excess medals

They don't need proof to ban according to their own TOS. My experience in the past has been, that anything done to hide a significant amount of exploited goods resulted in the character that had them being banned anyway.

Obviously, I covered the bases(bought account to store, used different IP, payment method/name, never said anything to my own account, etc). The only valid thing the storage account could've been blamed for is having duped goods they bought cheap.

What comes into question is, how cheap is cheap enough to be questionable(1g, 100g, half price) and how many is enough to be worth potentially banning an innocent. The latter question is likely to save everyone who just upgraded themselves a few pieces on the cheap. Someone who bought a shitton planning to resell when prices go up, may not be so lucky.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-13 09:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to map through all of the implications of these waves. So if you have interacted with a player who was banned (i.e. I contacted someone last night who was selling all of his Su5s), how does SE view that? Had I bought the item from the now-banned person, do they bop me as well as a co-conspirator? Maybe I dodged a major bullet...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 09:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you did not use the exploit or spend hundreds of millions(billions even, maybe?) of gil on exploited medals, nothing is happening to you.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-13 09:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What if you have 10 billion Earth crystals ?

I've been saving Earth crystals since 2003.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-11-13 09:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to map through all of the implications of these waves. So if you have interacted with a player who was banned (i.e. I contacted someone last night who was selling all of his Su5s), how does SE view that? Had I bought the item from the now-banned person, do they bop me as well as a co-conspirator? Maybe I dodged a major bullet...

They banned the char I did dupe on and another on the same SE account, they did not ban the account I traded those medals too. The day is still young, but you probably aren't gonna get banned just for buying medals or su5s.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-11-13 09:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The only valid thing the storage account could've been blamed for is having duped goods they bought cheap.
they could also log hardware IDs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 09:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Well gil is still $0.40/mil.

It's not gonna move yet lol, dust ain't even settled
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-13 09:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 09:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Then you would have to pay $174,816.25 in sub fees to store them, assuming every char had every available npc and physical storage slot available and capped storage in 2 slots(panetiere + ???, but no well).
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 09:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
They banned the char I did dupe on and another on the same SE account, they did not ban the account I traded those medals too. The day is still young, but you probably aren't gonna get banned just for buying medals or su5s.

It's not necessarily even a matter of days at this point. They need to do a widespread investigation, and I probably wouldn't consider anything to be in the clear for at least a month. Past investigations have taken quite a while.

It's easy to catch the dupers, but unless they have someone capable of writing a good script to parse their logs, the log parsing is a colossal amount of work which will take a significant amount of time to complete.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 09:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah you could bump that number down considerably, with clusters and ghost moogle holding 5k each
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-13 09:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
SE treats real exploits much differently than anything else.

See, this is obviously true and we all know why, but it still leaves a bad taste in your mouth when they ignore all the blantently obvious RMT botting for shield mats going on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
Server: Fenrir
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2019-11-13 09:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok f**ks, ya'll got Aurix taken away.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 09:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

256 clusters in synth focuser = 3072
5000 crystals in crafting moogle = 5000
638 stacks of 12 clusters in inventory = 91,872‬

10,000,000,000 / 99,944‬ = 100,056.0313775714 characters

100,057 chars / 16 = 6253 full accounts and one with 9 characters

6253 * 27.95 = 174,771.35‬
1 * 19.95 = 19.95

$174,791.30

(i must have left something unrounded somewhere the first time, but yea close enough)

people have trouble visualizing how much a billion actually is
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-13 09:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

hey don't forget capping out dbox send to yourself trick. What's that, another 80 slots? I forget
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 09:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i give up, i just thought it would be a fun comment

return to the medal drama
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-13 09:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

it be fun if they'd write down the hours of investigators and send the bill to the main perpetrators.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 09:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't be any new drama till after the maint

When they decide who/what/how many medals vanish

Even if they get every single duped medal it's still pointless, how many million got turned into gear already.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-13 09:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody who is on the "m'about to get got/bopped" list and wants to unload a Crocea Mors or a few Su5s/necks+2, holla at me. I got a strike free account that I can launder your goods for.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-13 09:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Then you would have to pay $174,816.25 in sub fees to store them, assuming every char had every available npc and physical storage slot available and capped storage in 2 slots(panetiere + ???, but no well).

Just out of pure curiosity, wouldn't it be much higher than that?

Assuming 5558/character, 16 characters/account, $27.95, rounding a bit, I got $1,058,969.6, unless you were doing clusters, then...

still $204,677.85

Unless there's an npc besides the moogle that can store them?

ok Assuming 8796/character, $174,687.5 ?
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 47 48 49