Medals - A Discussion REBORN!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Medals - A discussion REBORN!
Medals - A discussion REBORN!
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 47 48 49
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-13 08:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
If they gonna go through logs then pretty much everyone is fkd, dupe or not, most of us did some ***at some point.
I wouldn't bet on it.
[+]
By Nekseus 2019-11-13 08:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
once the dust settles and the memes dry up its going to leave a void that no amount of medals or packets will ever be able to fill.

like FF in the packets?
By Shichishito 2019-11-13 08:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

they have like what, 3 employees and how many months/years of backlogs? if they'd dig thru all of them manually its going to take another 20 years befor we see the first ban hammer drop.
By Nekseus 2019-11-13 08:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
If they gonna go through logs then pretty much everyone is fkd, dupe or not, most of us did some ***at some point.
Won't they be looking specifically for medal related stuff?

If they look for everything it really is game over this time. People said this at salvage bans and that was 100s if not thousands of accounts that got banned but this time it would be basically the entire playerbase.

seriously though ill be out of business... and apparently sued... xD

they have like what, 3 employees and how many months/years of backlogs? if they'd dig thru all of them manually its going to take another 20 years befor we see the first ban hammer drop.

everyone says this like they cant allocate some people over from 14 if need be...
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-13 08:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure people on FFXIV have so many fingers up their *** from the activity that they may as well just give a hand to the STF.
By geigei 2019-11-13 08:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno how it works but if they gather logs and do ctrl-f "insert dupe stuff" then is over in one day.
By Nekseus 2019-11-13 08:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Pretty sure people on FFXIV have so many fingers up their *** from the activity that they may as well just give a hand to the STF.

I bet its all in the same office. Dealing with 11 is probably the reverse employee of the month there
By fonewear 2019-11-13 08:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SE hard at work:

[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-13 08:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nekseus said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

I bet its all in the same office. Dealing with 11 is probably the reverse employee of the month there
Depending on the department, people actually work on both games (and more, in Japan, DQX etc.).

The STF is exclusively JP, though.
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2019-11-13 08:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno how it works but if they gather logs and do ctrl-f "insert dupe stuff" then is over in one day.

There's multiple steps to the process.

First thing you do is, yes, write something that sifts through the mountain of logging data looking for specific patterns. You may even need to repeat this step several times if the results don't look sane. Once you have that smaller, more reasonable subset of data, there's at least a little manual inspection to make sure you didn't hit false positives.

Once you have that, there's some decisions to be made based on the size of the affected group; too small a round of bans concedes ground to lawlessness, too big murders the community/economy, and likely the game itself.
 Asura.Whiss
Server: Asura
By Asura.Whiss 2019-11-13 08:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Who gonna sell me a dagon later? Omen hates me ????
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-11-13 08:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bans started dropping this morning, check your bois.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-13 08:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You wanna fight, Whiss!!!!!

Square up in public! Let's make some money from our scrap.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-13 08:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
Safe: other than the account that got reported for this entire thing lol. Burner accounts didnt get hit...
 Asura.Whiss
By Asura.Whiss 2019-11-13 08:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
You wanna fight, Whiss!!!!!

Square up in public! Let's make some money from our scrap.
Ight I'll be on after work.
By fonewear 2019-11-13 08:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There are still waiting for Windows 95 to boot up. That is why it is taking 12 hours.
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-13 08:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There will be another round of bans in a week or so
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-13 08:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this accurate?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-13 08:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully I'm next so i can go play minecraft with the boys.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-13 08:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Is this accurate?

Yes. Not gonna name people, but RIP many of the people I knew lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-13 08:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Is this accurate?
Yes, I was LM-31. Though the accuracy seems to be a bit off. I assume I was hit for the original reporting.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-13 08:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

PM sir and let me know who was bopped. I would like some whine with my morning tea

mah fack lemme check Buukki to see if I'm still active. They could have gotten me for cussing out Oseem and his *** yesterday
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 08:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't really assume you got away with it just based on not being hit yet. There's a large scale investigation left to go.

The character I used to initially reproduce this, which created 8 medals then immediately dropped them, was hit. This was not "the taru", it did nothing to give away it's identity and said nothing to anyone besides a '/p plz dont ban me i was just trying to find this to report it' before dropping the medals. Of course, "the taru" is gone as well.

They are not pulling punches, it's just a matter of how long it takes to sift through logs, so more recent offenders will go first. People who haven't touched it in months might slip through the cracks.

The obvious candidates are gone too, Kemikalz, Angmar, Canibal, probably a whole lot more.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-13 08:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I bet they finish their investigation in a few weeks though. They learned about the salvage exploit in November of 2008, and by January of 2009 they had informed us of the results. So the whole process took less than 2 months back then. They may not have as much staff now, but the investigative process should be similar and I suspect the target group will be smaller. The dupe is likely pretty easy to trace so identifying the people who actually performed it shouldn't take them very long, but if they look for bank mules or try to track down the ones hiding away hundreds of medal stacks it would add some extra time. But sorting through data with an effecient algorithm shouldn't take that long. Deciding what to do with the data will probably take them just as long as it does to get it in the first place.
By fonewear 2019-11-13 08:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of banning people they should just limit you to one REMA weapon.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-13 08:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The obvious candidates are gone too, Kemikalz, Angmar, Canibal, probably a whole lot more.

So like, I said to a LS member who got a "huge discount" on SU5 weapons that something was fishy with all of the price drops. it seems the people who knew they were going to be banned were dropping their high priced items in an effort to launder their money easier. Gil is easier to distribute between sock characters than multiple weapons. It all makes sense now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-13 08:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Instead of banning people they should just limit you to one REMA weapon. And then put a flag above your head that says "cheater".

The ultimate punishment! Shame is a bigger motivator for people than taking away material things ever will be. That's ingenious.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-11-13 08:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Two of my chars are gone, they didn't hit one that had a bunch of stuff traded to it just the other day though. Probably still deciding how far they want to go.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 47 48 49