Sealed Fate - The Easy Way
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-12 22:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So, this BC has been out a while. We all know the SC strategy, most serious endgamers have done it, but it's tedious and a lot can go wrong. I'm here to tell all you ****ers how to hop on the MNK bandwagon the right way, and collect a real easy win with no 1-hrs, no outside buffs, no meds, and no brainpower. Got it? Good.

Setup:
RUN/NIN - Tank. NIN/WAR is probably fine too. The char I had that was missing knuckles didn't have NIN. Basic tanking gear, nothing special. Epeo NOT needed by any stretch of imagination.
MNK/NIN - The real MVP. Basic TP/WS sets(cap SBII in every set). Merits in penance. Austar did mantra too for the 50% hurdle. Formless might help on omega, he didn't have it though.
RDM/NIN - Needs solid enhancing duration, enfeebling duration, and one special set you probably don't have yet(see end of guide).
SMN/NIN x2 - Need magic and physical BP sets, decent recast-, and cait sith.
BRD/WHM - Need songs. 4 and marsyas is better, probably not necessary though.

Strategy:
MNK tanks Ultima while DPSing fulltime, using penance at timer. If Ultima is more than 2% below Omega, chill out and back tank a little bit.

RDM melees Omega with enspell. I used enwater ii, as it was watersday. YMMV. Keep Slow2,Distract3,Frazzle3,Bio3 on omega. Keep Slow2,Distract3,Dia3 on ultima. Haste the RUN, MNK, and yourself. Refresh the SMNs and RUN if they need it. You don't need to cast them when they don't need it - time casting is time not doing damage. You can para2 if your mnk or run feel they need it, but honestly you don't. NO TEMPER.

RUN engages ultima, faces omega(position so you can face omega without hitting ultima). Focus your single target hate abilities on omega. Keep hate, don't hit anything, don't die. It's not that hard, they are very slow and ultima will usually be on the MNK.

SMNs have a very straightforward, but attention-demanding job. You need to do a blood pact every 14 seconds, alternating mewing and rage. So, out of the gate, one SMN will mewing and the other will rage. Immediately release your avatar, cast the next avatar, and wait until it's time for the next BP. You should be using a magical BP to damage omega, or a physical BP to damage ultima, and attacking whichever is currently higher HP. I used mostly thunderstorm on Omega. I don't know if it's the best BP or if it even did good because I hate smn, but won with time to spare so it's good enough. Don't get distracted doing anything else. Don't try to fit other wards in. Don't do ****ing anything besides alternating your 2 BPs and recasting utsu.

BRD should keep Honor March, Blade Madrigal, 2x Minuet on the MNK. Honor March, Blade Madrigal, Sword Madrigal, Ballad3 on everyone else. Elegy on both NMs. Threnody that matches the RDM's enspell on Omega. If you're an overachiever not being dualboxed, you can put more ballads on the people who aren't meleeing. I didn't. Cure the RUN and MNK once in a while.

As long as your SMNs BP every 14 seconds, neither mob will ever TP and they'll die before time runs out. For us, it was 52:16. Austar's MNK is far from perfect. My RDM is pretty sexy, but my SMNs suck ***. Tons of leeway. You can even use 1hrs if you want. Around 50%, Omega does some weird hate ***. SMNs can briefly stop their cycle from 52% until you're all set, and just leave cait sith out and alternate mews. This is why everyone is /nin, it guarantees that whoever gets screwed over by the hate issues will be fine. You can have the RDM change to Bio3 on ultima and para2 on both shortly before it happens, to make it safer.

Now, onto the set RDM uses: It's a Crocea Mors[C] TP set that includes no multihit and 50 subtle blow. It can probably be optimized past what I used, but the idea is to feed a very controlled fixed amount of TP so that you never outpace mewing. We originally tried with ceremonial dagger strategies, but the damage output just plain didn't cut it. Sherida earring is -probably- not harmful due to the SB II, but it technically increases the shortest possible time-to-tp with multiple DAs so I didn't use it.

TP:
Crocea Mors[C] / Thuellaic Ecu +1 / x / Hasty Pinion +1
Ayanmo Zucchetto +2 / Bathy Choker +1 / Digni. Earring / Zennaroi Earring
Viti. Tabard +3 / Ayanmo Manopolas +2 / Chirich Ring +1 / Chirich Ring +1
Ghostfyre Cape / Hachirin-no-Obi / Atrophy Tights +3 / Atrophy Boots +2

Oh, I also forgot I could WS so no idea how Sanguine Blade does. Probably speeds it up a good bit.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-13 00:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice strat dude, props for trying.
It's been a while since I done this fight, but do you think seraph blade would work using daybreak offhand?
Dps on Omega is the hard thing I'd imagine and that could potentially help.
I'm gonna be interested in trying this strat. I've only used 2 CORs or BLM + COR and trying to find one of those good enough to do damage is more painful than I'd like.

Also regarding hate reset on Omega, when I helped some guys get the clear, we took Omega down to 49% first and the hate reset was very manageable, not sure how coincidental that was due to only happening once, but could be worth looking into.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-13 00:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not ws so I cant tell you how well seraph or sanguine do. I am sure its a help, but if you match my set and your smns are halfway decent, timing out isnt really an issue anyway. It is by far the easiest of the MTs to 6man with this strat, there is nothing unexpected and nobody has a very complicated job.

An offhand will slow your enspell ii damage significantly and provide more burst tp feed though, so I am not sure if daybreak would be worth it or not.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-13 00:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point, I forgot about TP feed tbh. But yeah, if timing out isn't an issue then no worries about it I guess.
I'm not sure which SMN blood pact is best, but we usually nuke Diabolos one, I forgot the name lol. Night Terror? idk.

Nice innovative strat though, never thought to use RDM for Omega.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-10-22 22:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Question on RDM for this strategy. Is there anyway to improve enspell numbers?

I'm getting 1440-1580 (per swing) depending on the mob debuffs. Could you share with me what you experienced with your gearset?

I went with..

ItemSet 369335

EDIT: I don't recommend this set as the enspell dmg can be higher with enhancing magic.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-23 09:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Figures, I just deleted my xi logs folder when I 'upgraded' to windows 10. I think it was 1800ish, definitely over 2000 with gambit active. You need to wear enhancing skill at the time of swing for best results with enspell2, so I would recommend going closer to my set. Ghostfyre Cape also has both enhancing skill and enspell damage+. Malignance is very nice gear, but it doesn't have anything that would help you here(sanguine delays your next melee round, so it's very mild in terms of damage gain, devaluing store tp). PDL doesn't matter, defensives don't matter, you're better off with the enhancing skill pieces. Malignance chapeau is likely the only piece worth it.

Note that the haste accessories are used to compensate for lower haste on the enhancing pieces. There really isn't a lot of flexibility in the set.

I redid this fight, optimizing what I could, and got the time down to 46 minutes(again, without outside buffs or 1hrs). Thunderstorm/Meteor Strike based on day, whilst matching enspell and threnody and g/r to them, seemed to be the best BPs. I would recommend Meteor Strike on fire/earthsday, and Thunderstorm on the others.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-10-25 08:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my new setup for enspell2 on Sealed Fate.

ItemSet 369280

507 enhancing dmg.
Back has +10macc and +10enhancing

If you have access to AF+3 legs/feet. This set is better.

ItemSet 369334
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-25 08:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks solid to me, malignance feet may actually beat AF feet, but obviously the AF legs are worth using if you have them. I'm sure it'll do well, good luck!
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2019-10-25 10:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Why use AF legs over Relic+3 legs? Wouldn't the en-spell damage boost and the MAcc on the pants make up for the lack of skill or does skill scale that well?

Edit: So mostly I'm wondering if this set at 502 skill is going to output more total than the one at 528 skill.

ItemSet 369336
 Asura.Canibal
user: L0ki79
By Asura.Canibal 2019-10-25 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So i can see not dual wielding and feeding TP, but any reason your not just offhanding lv 1 dagger? Seems it would accomplish the same thing and double the dmg output from AE.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-25 11:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Enspell II only procs on the first swing of a round, so offhand wouldn't proc the enspell and would add significant amounts of delay.

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
Why use AF legs over Relic+3 legs? Wouldn't the en-spell damage boost and the MAcc on the pants make up for the lack of skill or does skill scale that well?
Honestly, I completely forgot they changed the augments around on RDM relic. They very likely would be better. Hollow earring is definitely good if you have it.

I don't believe it's been confirmed with any reliability that m.acc helps enspell accuracy, though.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-25 11:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he means using Enspell I and using level 1 dagger offhand to prevent TP feed from it.
 Asura.Canibal
By Asura.Canibal 2019-10-25 11:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct, offhand dagger and use enspell I. With Haste 2, and songs delay is not an issue, especially with all the DW and Multi. Similar to an Odin setup but with Crocea main.

I am asking more than anything. Just seems like the logical choice to me given how its been used in other fights.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-25 11:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Crocea doesn't increase your offhand's enspell damage.
By L0ki79 2019-10-25 11:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok we seem to be missing the point here. My question is why not DW over Single. I'll test out later and post results.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-25 11:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

L0ki79 said: »
Ok we seem to be missing the point here. My question is why not DW over Single. I'll test out later and post results.

I'm not missing the point.

Crocea's got enspell damage+500% on it. Your enspell II will do 1800ish damage with 260 delay.

Your enspell 1 will do 900ish damage from your crocea, and 150ish from your lv1 dagger, with 330 delay. Barely over half the damage per round, with a significantly longer round.

There's not much testing needed to realize why it isn't an alternative, I started out forming this strategy with qutrub knife and changed it because it was not viable.

Haste and songs will effect both equally, as you are not reaching delay cap. So, all things considered, single wield crocea will put out about 2.17x as much damage as dual wielding with a lv1 dagger, and gain less TP for sanguine because the dagger gets no TP.

If you use temper and stack multihit gear in the freed up slots, you will approach the damage of single wield crocea, but you run the risk of feeding too much tp if you have consecutive triple attacks on crocea as omega lands hits on the RUN. The gains are very minimal if even possible, and the risk is significant. Your dual wield setup will get either 7 or 8 attack rounds in a 14 second mewing interval, and crocea will give 49 tp per hit with 55 SB. If you triple attack on 6 out of 8 crocea hits, you've given omega 980 tp and one hit to the RUN will get your group TPed. If you triple on 7 out of 8, you've given the full 1000 on your own. Single wield will get either 10 or 11 swings, and never double attack, and give 55 tp per hit with subtle blow, so it's pretty much always going to be 550 tp per 14 sec. For omega to turn that into 1000 TP, he needs to land 6 hits on the RUN, which is not likely to ever happen between parry rate, utsusemi, and him only getting 2-3 attack rounds per 14 sec while slowed and elegied.

Offhanding another weapon that is not a lv1 dagger will feed nearly twice as much TP, while still giving comparatively low actual damage. A key component of the strategy is not allowing omega to gain TP. This is not practical.

Overall, there is really no reason to consider dual wield on this fight. Your goal is to provide a stable, low amount of TP to the monster while dealing consistant damage. Single wield best accomplishes this, as your TP fed rate will be 100% predictable if you do not use multiattack and well below the margin of error for allowing omega to use TP, even if he is landing hits on your RUN.
[+]
 Asura.Canibal
By Asura.Canibal 2019-10-25 11:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok perfect man, thats really what i was looking for. I didn't know if there was a reason behind going this route. Thank you very much for the quick response.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-25 11:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Edited a few times to add hard numbers. There is potential for it to approach and maybe even slightly exceed the damage of single wield(would depend how much DA/TA gear rdm can fit in while staying capped acc), but the downsides largely outweigh it.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-25 12:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lv1 dagger was not viable due to low dps or due high acc/macc requirements?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-25 14:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

low dps, the bc is very time sensitive, i didn't have trouble capping acc with ceres but it never would've been able to win before timeout
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-25 17:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Question, you have rune engage ultima so that he can G/R and Parry Omega im assuming. Im wondering tho, won't the monk have to worry about shadows or no? and also how do you think a PLD would do instead of a rune? and just holding them while disengaged
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-25 18:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gambit and Rayke are very helpful, but with this strategy I doubt RUN is needed. RUN is just used because lolPLD.

Also I would be sceptical on hate issues tbh.
I've tanked Sealed Fate a lot and it's very hard to manage hate at 50% as a RUN, so imagine a PLD with limited tools.

Monk can pretty much counter tank Ultima half the time so utsusemi will barely wear as often.
I'd even use Counterstance. You shouldn't be taking damage anyway so why not.
And if a TP move goes off anyway that means you're more than likely dead.

But since this is a different strategy to the harder one, it's way easier to manage and tank. /Nin you could probably half afk tank it on rune.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-25 20:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN is there to speed up the SMN and RDM damage, only other option might be NIN to spam the wheel, but it won't get hate as well after the reset. Safer to just use RUN.

MNK tanks Ultima and you can't counter with Utsusemi up.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-25 21:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

With slow and elegy, ultima gets 3 attack rounds per ni recast time, with a low DA rate(if you have a dedicated FC set, its's only 2 rounds per recast). If he DAs, you have perfect counter. If he gets a couple hits in, you can wait for his next round and ichi in between his swings, even with no fc set(but it helps). This makes for an extremely easy experience shadow tanking Ultima on MNK.

Having the MNK tanking ultima does not make any sort of time issue for them, they will still easily kill omega before time runs out. It does however, guarantee that not only does the RUN not need to fight for hate against an active DPS, they are not taking any hits from ultima whilst tanking omega. Omega has triple attack and can be a TP risk, ensuring that both mobs are blink tanked helps to reduce the TP feed and make this strategy viable in the first place.

As Austar said, gambit and rayke are helpful and there'd be no reason to use a PLD. You take all the hits and feed tp with your body unless you sub nin, in which case you're just a crappier run with no JAs. I'd use a NIN/BLU before i'd use a PLD, San wheel may add up to something and can be cast with a fudo path b for 75 SBII.
 Asura.Canibal
By Asura.Canibal 2019-10-25 21:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Great strat just cleared in 47 min!
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-25 21:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so no joke the EASIEST Sealed Fate I have ever done. WOW

I am never going old method again. Who the *** wants to spam box steps, and opening skillchains for 60 minutes straight while keeping buffs up and keeping myself healed the entire fight. Absolute legendary strat for this once tedious fight.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-10-26 02:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok we seem to be missing the point here. My question is why not DW over Single.

Because Dual wielding is not allowed in this fight cause mechanics and logic. You just can't equip a 2nd weapon.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-10-26 07:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Ok we seem to be missing the point here. My question is why not DW over Single.

Because Dual wielding is not allowed in this fight cause mechanics and logic. You just can't equip a 2nd weapon.

Enspell 2 only triggers on the first hit of an attack round. And the goal is to feed less TP to the mob than a 14 second mew can erase. Dual weapons will increase your tp feed and you will wipe. Lvl 1 weapons do not have enough stats to DPS down the enemy in 60 minutes.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Kludge
Server: Bahamut
user: Cobit
By Bahamut.Kludge 2019-12-22 13:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did this
Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »

Edit: So mostly I'm wondering if this set at 502 skill is going to output more total than the one at 528 skill.

ItemSet 369336

This is actually kind of intersting. By the numbers, Relic+3 Pants are better if you have Hollow Earring by 9 per strike at the Enspell II cap. Otherwise, if you use Andoaa Earring, then AF+3 Pants are better than the Relic+3 pants by the same amount. Confused? Good. You can DM for the formula if you want it.

The quoted set is still the best possible set without the use of weather effects or new DI gear at 2033 per strike for Croc Users. Andoaa / Atrophy+3 sets are looking at 2014 a strike.

Oh, also; you don't need Crocea Mors for this. I did it today with Su4 and we finished with time to spare. With Su4, Sanguine blade really isn't really worth it because of the 2 second lockout.

I plugged a few more numbers and if you can get at or around 66TA total and Cap Accuracy and Magic Accuracy, I'm pretty sure you can drop a Summoner, equip ceremonial daggers, and use a Scholar.

The Potency multipliers from Arbatel-Feet's Klimaform plus Storm II Effects combined with Twilight Cape / Obi and the occasional Gambit are massive.
First Page 2