Does anyone know someone that plays it?

Just randomly curious.
 Sylph.Taruzard
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-10-15 03:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I can imagine a small population of JPs play but I dont know anyone english/american that plays it lol
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-15 04:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I play it... ; ;

I used to be into heavily when I first started FFXI... Now I only play it when there is an update or maintenance.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-10-15 04:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure you all saw it comming.

User submitted image
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-10-15 04:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough.

I'm just surprised SE still charge for it and support it I guess.

I'm sure more people would play it if it was 1, free and 2, integrated into FFXI.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-15 04:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it even have a windower or is it full screen? I was gonna try it out, but if I can't play both, then no go
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-10-15 04:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It boots through POL. So you can't play both at the same time unless you have separate PC's/characters.

It obviously makes SE money or they wouldn't continue to support it but it's just surprising that after so many years they haven't invested into the integration side of things with their own IP rather than rip off someone else's.
 Cerberus.Jaxson
Server: Cerberus
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2009-10-15 06:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I still play it. I think its interesting that they took the card game from FF9, which playonline was orginally designed to work with. If you don't believe me, check out the manual for FF9, as well as the strategy guide. There are notes everywhere telling you to check playonline.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-15 13:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I forget when or who I was talking about this with, but I was thinking the same thing really recently, Karu. If it were a side-game you could pop-up at your leisure mid-XI when nothing's going on it'd be such an awesome feature. :c
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-15 13:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
I play it... ; ;

I used to be into heavily when I first started FFXI... Now I only play it when there is an update or maintenance.

That's what I did too.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-10-15 14:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I pop on very occasionally, or during maintenance if ive got nothing else to do. If it was integrated in so you could play it like you could in IX would be awesome. Have a quick battle with someone in your pt while the leader looks for a tank XD.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-15 14:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried playing it. I think I did once, but said something about not being installed even though I did full install. I actually liked that sidegame in FFIX.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2009-10-15 14:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i would still play it but its not on the xbox version ; ; which is the only way i can play XI now unless i want to buy another computer
 Cerberus.Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2009-10-15 21:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

We should lobby SE to make a free-to-download for FFXI version for the 360 arcade. That way not only could XI players play it, but anyone who has Xbox Live. I bet tons more would play then.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-10-15 22:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaxson said:
We should lobby SE to make a free-to-download for FFXI version for the 360 arcade. That way not only could XI players play it, but anyone who has Xbox Live. I bet tons more would play then.

That's actually a good idea, PSN and XBLA game. But of course, the better idea is integration within FFXI. It's probably too late for that now, but maybe with XIV, who knows? But integration can't really be pointless. It would benefit from small monetary or experience rewards.
 Cerberus.Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2009-10-15 22:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe even have a ranking system that can allow access to exclusive rewards. Who knows? Or yeah, make bets and such on the game. Either way it'd be great.