Magic Skills --- I Need Help With Them!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Magic Skills --- I need help with them!
Magic Skills --- I need help with them!
 Siren.Taylanichi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Taylanichi 2009-10-15 00:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok my WHM is close to 75. As I'm writing this it's level 73. I have the best gear a WHM could possibly have atm and more MP/HP than my 75 WHM fiance(Clinpachi) does XD. However, my magic skills are very low.

Divine Magic - 14
Enhancing Magic - 156
Elemental Magic - 79
Healing Magic - 211
Enfeebling Magic - 55
Dark Magic - 7

As you can tell I need some serious help on them.

For elemental magic, I have all of the elemental staff's to help me with those.

I know the easiest way to level them up is to play BLM but I couldn't use the staffs to help with it, because my BLM is only level 17.

Does anyone have any other solutions other than me having to level BLM?

I use /SCH but should I also use /BLM at times?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-15 01:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Taylanichi said:
Ok my WHM is close to 75. As I'm writing this it's level 73. I have the best gear a WHM could possibly have atm. However, my magic skills are very low.

Divine Magic - 14
Enhancing Magic - 156
Elemental Magic - 79
Healing Magic - 211
Enfeebling Magic - 55
Dark Magic - 7

As you can tell I need some serious help on them.

For elemental magic, I have all of the elemental staff's to help me with those.

I know the easiest way to level them up is to play BLM but I couldn't use the staffs to help with it, because my BLM is only level 17.

Does anyone have any other solutions other than me having to level BLM?

Ok first thing. You can only lvl/merit a skill on a job that naturally has that skill. As such you can't lvl elemental or dark on whm. It's flat out impossible. Not like it matters much since at half skill you wont do ***with nukes and aspir/drain. Healing well you could just make a cure1 /wait cure1 /wait maccro or something. Same thing with enhancing but barspells. Soloing also makes enhancing/healing seem to go by fast since your doing other stuff. Skillup divine and enfeebling on dolpins in sky making sure to use ones that wont do any dmg. Also just use that stuff in pts more.
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-10-15 01:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

all i can say is ty level sync, tyvm. that and i must say ty to smn burns lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-15 01:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cohan said:
all i can say is ty level sync, tyvm. that and i must say ty to smn burns lol

I wouldn't say thats the only problem. I mean look at healing magic... its what I'd expect of a whm that lvl that just lvld up and didn't work at gettign higher same with enhancing. I'm guess she rarely if ever debuffed a mob or banished it. I kept my divine capped till I stopped lvling at 38 nuking lol. Was pretty fun. And the others well yeah blm stuff
 Siren.Taylanichi
By Siren.Taylanichi 2009-10-15 01:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lets not turn this into one of those posts that people are judging. i jsut started playing in Dec. so i wasn't exactly sure on what i needed to do with jobs and such.

So just give me advice on what i need to do lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-15 01:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Taylanichi said:
lets not turn this into one of those posts that people are judging. i jsut started playing in Dec. so i wasn't exactly sure on what i needed to do with jobs and such.

So just give me advice on what i need to do lol.

See first response...
 Unicorn.Nintendo
Server: Unicorn
user: nintendo
By Unicorn.Nintendo 2009-10-15 01:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

go to besieged and spam spells, dia for enfeebling, banish for divine, healing can do anywhere, enhanceing will naturally skill as you use those spells or can sit in town spamming bar spells

GOGO besieged
[+]
 Siren.Taylanichi
By Siren.Taylanichi 2009-10-15 01:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nintendo said:
go to besieged and spam spells, dia for enfeebling, banish for divine, healing can do anywhere, enhanceing will naturally skill as you use those spells or can sit in town spamming bar spells

GOGO besieged

kk thanks. now this is the kind of response im looking for. :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-15 01:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What still haven't read mine?
 Siren.Taylanichi
By Siren.Taylanichi 2009-10-15 01:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:

I did no worries :)

Im just not sure if i should just level BLM to make this easier.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-15 01:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Taylanichi said:
Dasva said:

I did no worries :)

Im just not sure if i should just level BLM to make this easier.

Well you will have to if you wanna lvl elemental and dark. It wont make the others easier.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2009-10-15 01:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What does having the elemental staves have to do with lvling up elemental magic?

For what to do, like other(s) have said, spam dia in besieged, spam banish in besieged, spam cure1 and protect1 on generals in besieged. You'll cap them in no time.
[+]
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2009-10-25 07:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, beseiged is the way to go. Even better if it's undead swarm. Your healing skill will cap up faster if you {cure} the undead there.

If interested in raising elemental skill, I suggest going sch to 37 and cap that. (can cap in beseiged as well no problem) That way, under dark arts, those skills will be around 200+.

(There's also 1 advantage I can think of for leveling blm. besides being a full sub for whm, take it to 40 and blm burn Under Observation bcnm)
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-25 07:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's no besieged, worms are also a really good way to level up. The highest level regular worms in the game are in aydeewa subterrane, just near the blu mage quest pool from memory. These worms do actually agro, but get one that's not right next to another so they don't link, silence it and then just spam all your spells on it. You might want to start with a much lower worm though considering your enfeebling is so low, you'll have a hard time silencing them.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-10-25 07:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can use both your account and your fiance's account, you could do the RNG Qiqrn in Aydeewa and Alzadaal Undersea Ruins. They never move into melee range and their ranged attacks aren't anything too severe.

I normally do it with RDM and BLM friends that want to cap Ele/Enfeeb magic. I go BLM/WHM and just keep stoneskin up, spam spells for hate and cure myself. The hardest part is making sure you don't link a THF at the same time =)
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-10-25 07:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped all my magic spamming spells in Besieged. Dia/Bio ect..
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-04 21:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
What does having the elemental staves have to do with lvling up elemental magic?

Yea, don't really understand either.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-04 21:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ok first thing. You can only lvl/merit a skill on a job that naturally has that skill. As such you can't lvl elemental or dark on whm. It's flat out impossible. Not like it matters much since at half skill you wont do ***with nukes and aspir/drain. Healing well you could just make a cure1 /wait cure1 /wait maccro or something. Same thing with enhancing but barspells. Soloing also makes enhancing/healing seem to go by fast since your doing other stuff. Skillup divine and enfeebling on dolpins in sky making sure to use ones that wont do any dmg. Also just use that stuff in pts more.

This is very good advice.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 21:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Marzanna said:

:O The lady with the nice hat is back!!!

And yeah, elemental magic won't level on WHM at all. Only on BLM RDM SCH DRK, since WHM has no native skill. Also, elemental staves only affect the magic accuracy and damage of a spell, not skillup rate.
By Areis 2009-11-04 22:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can go Whm/Sch your really never going to have to worry about your magic skills, as the appropriate Arts will "give" them to you to a certain point.

Enhancing skill is a pain to level, you really just have to keep casting buff spells eventually you'll cap out.

Healing Skill is best capped during Undead Besiged, cast Cure 1 or 2 on mobs and just spam the hell out of the spells for skill up. you can do it on normal undead but finding ppl that want to fight them with you is a pain.

Divine Skill can be gained in Sea if you have access, using Flash & Repose on Hypemede. Otherwise feel free to get this in any Besiged using banish spells.

Enfeebling Skill can be gained in normal XP parties, just toss a few extra spells out, but you can also do this every effectively in Sea or Besiged.

Dark Skill is not native to WHM and can be leveld on Rdm, Blm, Sch or Drk. If your not /sch you probably shouldn't be using Drain/Aspir, and with /sch bump to Dark Arts will give you a B-? rating to your current MAIN job level, so you don't really need it.

Elemental skill just like Dark this is not a native type of magic for Whm, you can skill it on Rdm, Blm, Sch or Drk. Unlike Dark magic however your not going to see any reasonable damage with the low level spells you have access to.

Summoning Skill is only native to Summoners, and makes next to no difference as Whm/Smn as you generally don't use avatars for anything and are looking for the free auto-Refresh effect (also obtainable with /PLD). You might use carbuncle to pull with but even that is not effected by skill. Don't worry about this as a whm.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-04 22:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Leviathan.Marzanna said:

:O The lady with the nice hat is back!!!

And yeah, elemental magic won't level on WHM at all. Only on BLM RDM SCH DRK, since WHM has no native skill. Also, elemental staves only affect the magic accuracy and damage of a spell, not skillup rate.

Hai, lol ^^; Yea took a break for 2 months, but I guess my willpower is a bit fail <_>