users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Frog Ambuscade V1
Frog Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By cuddlyhamster 2019-08-10 00:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i know smn is everyone's pride and joy, but curious if anyone knows how blu's feather tickle and reaving wind does with tp reset. or it needs high magic accuracy for full effect
By SimonSes 2019-08-10 00:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That was expected. DNC has one of the strongest 1hr and you give small amount of TP because you can just WS 6 times without doing any melee if you use lua and can fire WS without engaging.

I have some non optimal scenario question. How much weaker is D frog? I might resub if I can farm this month easily but I only have triobox available. With just brd and cor buffs I probably wont be able to solo VD on MNK because I would probably have no reliable way to silence it, but maybe I can do it unsilenced on D?

Edit: nvm the resub, its free login campaign lol
By Draylo 2019-08-10 01:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Could just do a shout too ya know, let someone play with you as this is an MMO. SE thought they were slick blocking gravity and now look, they need to accept its the easiest one.
By SimonSes 2019-08-10 01:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but not everyone have time for that you know. I havent resub for past 2 months because I have not enough time to play, so when I find 30 minutes to jump into the game I would prefer to start playing right away and finish whenever I need instead of waiting half of that time to make a party, then disband after one run or even go afk without a warning because of some emergency with kid.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-10 03:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone's doing Regain SC method and bringing a THF, Despoil is enough to keep it from TPing rather than using Mewing Lullaby. We're doing 4-step SC > Despoil > 3-step SC and not getting Quenched (3 of those WSs being Resolution, so he's even being fed quite some TP from WSs). Might not work if your tank is taking damage from nukes/auto attacks for the frog to build TP from those, though.
By Aerix 2019-08-10 05:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I see all your 6-man full buff REMA THF|MNK|SAM|DRK|SMN clears or PUP+COR duos and I raise you this VD solo:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Note I accidentally recorded the wrong Xiucoatl augments (Path B), but I used Path C during the actual fight. More info in the Youtube description for the few who care.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-08-10 06:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I mean it's pretty amazing what you can accomplish when they forget to triple it's HP

If you watch videos from 2016 you can see the frog had less than 180k HP back then.
[+]
By Antisense 2019-08-10 07:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
They tripled the HP of Ambu back in March -> May of 2018. I took a break and came back from 1200 HM on VD to 3600. So it was around this time.

2016 PUP solo VD: https://youtu.be/AxU_RyEVy24?t=153=

It's at 480p but you can see in the video each WS is taking off 6-10% so the HP was less back then
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-10 07:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Good call. So vanilla frog was just that weak. Impressive nonetheless, I really just thought they never improved him
By Aerix 2019-08-10 07:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The changes to pup are significant and it's much stronger than the last version's Overdrive. Alternatively, The frog didn't change since last iteration. He's always been extremely weak and a mastered robot could nearly solo him before (never watched one but a good one carried me along).

Every job is significantly stronger compared to years ago, yet people keep posting their videos with some of them showcasing the same or similar setups used in the past. And Trulusia's old video had zero information for other PUPs about gear or attachment setups to use as reference. So I think a 2019 reference video with a safer setup (no Dawn Mulsums required) plus visible maton damage numbers is entirely warranted.

Also: triple HP is still triple HP. The 2016 solo shows Trulusia had considerably more OD duration left over (about 40s) than I did despite PUP improvements. Sure, with some tweaks to my strategy I've already improved my killspeed considerably compared to my recording, but not to that extent.
 Asura.Chanter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chanter 2019-08-10 09:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on asura tri boxes this with 2 rdm and a brd.He sells 3 spots per run. He subs nin on all 3 chars. he does 2 march and 2 mads. pulls the frog debuffs it and doesnt start meleeing til silence is on the frog and uses lvl 1 daggers on both rdms and enspell to wittle it down. the frog dies in about 3-4 mins , silence never wears and no worry of a tp move cause the acual damage does 0 to the frog. 5 rdm and a brd would speed kills to 1-2 mins.

edit - He also does this for the odin bc on vd. longer fight and must reapply silence 1-2 times but once again 5 rdm and a brd would kill that 2 -3 times faster
 Asura.Erupt
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2019-08-10 09:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I see people shouting for a nirvana mew for some odd reason. I use a cor/smn for mew, if you have a mnk with a good sb set you can just mew once at like 50ish% and your good. Silence is pretty key to not get your /smn avatar one shotted before it mews.
By Aerix 2019-08-10 10:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow dude. You're being overly sensitive and reading too much into what you think I said vs what I meant. Over nothing, really

So you can downplay a single rema downing this in seconds, something not previously done. But when there's a super improved puppetmaster with max gear ( that has seen two major damage adjustments and has already been done before) soloing it, because it didn't get what you thought we would be instant praise, you started projecting feelings. I wasn't really even criticizing this.

Saturday emotions

I wasn't looking for praise, just adding to the friendly ribbing that was already going on in the thread (I'm afraid you misinterpreted my intentions here as well). And again, the point of the video was to showcase to other PUPs how it is done, not that I was able to do it. Trulusia did it way before me as you know, but didn't provide a lot of info on their setup.

I apologize if I misunderstood you, but your first two posts commented on nothing but how the boss was relatively weak (which everyone knows it is), so I feel like it was an easy mistake to assume you just didn't care for PUP solos. I have no beef with you and I'm not looking to fight over this.

And the thing with Afania has nothing to do with you. I just got into a lengthy argument with him over Trusts on Reddit and now he's (presumably) involving himself here because you and I ended up in a similarly unnecessary argument.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-10 10:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies myself. Removed the dreck.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-08-10 10:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. I also edited my previous posts to be less abrasive.

@Afania I also edited what I said toward you. I was acting childish myself and I apologize. Let's leave the other stuff in the past and not clog up the thread with our nonsense. Regarding the Trust discussion: I think in general we were in agreement about their purpose and usefulness, but we just didn't realize it and kept talking past each other and focusing on pointless details. I admit I wrote a lot of replies while I was sleep deprived, so I concede I probably misread some of your intentions.

For the record: my Golden Kist solo video was just meant to show that the extra debuffs/AoE heals/Stoneskin/MAB/Regen from my preferred Trust setup added a little more safety in a different way than yours did. It wasn't meant to be better in sense of being faster--I just thought it might be, until I actually did the fight. And I'm sorry for being hostile toward you.
[+]
By Afania 2019-08-10 10:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Its alright, I got over it already. Ill delete that jack *** comment too.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-10 11:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

no guys, NO! this is not how we deal with conflicts around here. you guys better start keyboard ramboing it out right frickin now!
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-08-10 12:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone notice that the Poroggo NM in ambuscade counts for the Primer Volume 1 RoE?

GG SE. Sadly, the RoE is at zero once you exit, unlike other "inventory is full" RoE you can't just get the rewards after exit.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-10 12:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah when they made "legionb" it's not actually the "legion" zone.

Simple *** up, but another one that they made. (in addition to overdrive bug)
By clearlyamule 2019-08-10 12:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chanter said: »
Someone on asura tri boxes this with 2 rdm and a brd.He sells 3 spots per run. He subs nin on all 3 chars. he does 2 march and 2 mads. pulls the frog debuffs it and doesnt start meleeing til silence is on the frog and uses lvl 1 daggers on both rdms and enspell to wittle it down. the frog dies in about 3-4 mins , silence never wears and no worry of a tp move cause the acual damage does 0 to the frog. 5 rdm and a brd would speed kills to 1-2 mins.

edit - He also does this for the odin bc on vd. longer fight and must reapply silence 1-2 times but once again 5 rdm and a brd would kill that 2 -3 times faster
oh man I haven't seen ceremonial dagger enspell style fighting since like Avesta era. Good times.
By Pantafernando 2019-08-10 12:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What gear would the RDM need for this setup?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-08-10 14:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
What gear would the RDM need for this setup?

This isn't quite the answer you're looking for however, I tried to do debuffs on one of my character sch and was landing silence/para/distract so I'd think that you're average rdm should be able to debuff it without too many issues. This is what my set looks like:

<set name="Enfeeb">
<main>Gada</main>
<sub>Ammurapi Shield</sub>
<ammo>Hydrocera</ammo>
<head>Befouled Crown</head>
<neck>Incanter's Torque</neck>
<lear>Digni. Earring</lear>
<rear>Regal Earring</rear>
<body>Shango Robe</body>
<hands>Peda. Bracers +3</hands>
<lring>Stikini Ring</lring>
<rring>Stikini Ring</rring>
<back augment="S8138789071104518472">Lugh's Cape</back>
<waist>Rumination Sash</waist>
<legs>Psycloth Lappas</legs>
<feet>Skaoi Boots</feet>
</set>
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-08-10 20:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhh Im gonna like this month. I am able to kill D with my MNK with just my brd and cor buffs. I like it!
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16