V2 Ambuscade (August)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » V2 Ambuscade (August)
V2 Ambuscade (August)
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-06 01:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind!

They did break the alternate rooms.

Actual relevant information; his blind aura is BANANAS -1000 ACC

Totally immune to physical damage until you kill his adds, they repop every minute or so.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Darkbewd
Server: Carbuncle
user: DarkBEWD
By Carbuncle.Darkbewd 2019-08-08 10:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Boss: Vengeful Citrullus, Tiny Lycopodium (x3-5, depending of difficulty level)

Vengeful Citrullus takes 0 damage unless all Tiny Lycopodium are defeated.
Tiny Lycopodium only takes 1 damage per hit and has around 10 HP.
Tiny Lycopodium will initially attack whoever Vengeful Citrullus has the most hate on each time they spawn.
All Tiny Lycopodium will respawn very shortly after the last one has been defeated.
Vengeful Citrullus frequently applies a Blind Aura that must be removed by using the /point emote on it, sometimes more than once.
Vengeful Citrullus can use Fatal Scream (10-count doom AoE) if /point is used too frequently.
Vengeful Citrullus has a Terror effect on its Scream ability instead of MND Down.

edit:
Vengeful Citrullus can use Fatal Scream at any point once it gets below 50% HP.
Vengeful Citrullus can be stunned/paralyzed by using the /clap emote on it once all of the Tiny Lycopodium are defeated.
Fatal Scream can erroneously appear as Nerve Gas (this is a Hydra TP Move) in the chat log.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-08-08 10:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So that means V2 is harder than V1 this month?
By SagaK 2019-08-10 18:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Darkbewd said: »
Vengeful Citrillus will use Fatal Scream (10-count doom AoE) if /point is used too frequently.
Holy ***, didn't know about /point, thanks for that. But regarding AOE Doom, it used it on me near the end of the fight for seemingly no reason (I didn't know about using /point so it wasn't that).

I'm not sure but I think it was a nerve gas attack that caused Doom near the end, could be wrong, but that's all I could remember seeing on the log. Didn't realize it till after the fight, dealt the killing blow at literally the LAST second, Doom counter ticked to 0 right as it died. Trusts all died a split second before PCs were teleported out of the battlefield, PCs escaped death once back in Maura.

This fight was a major pain in the *** even on Normal, don't think I want to do it again. Was worth seeing the watermelon Mandragora at least once, though.
 Carbuncle.Darkbewd
Server: Carbuncle
user: DarkBEWD
By Carbuncle.Darkbewd 2019-08-11 17:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Added and corrected some details.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-11 20:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
So that means V2 is harder than V1 this month?

They really need to convert V2 fights to V1. So many fights I've never tried that would have been fun to learn if they adjusted the difficulty and the points. It's about time they do a swap