First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 33 34 35
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2022-01-10 12:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jinbe said: »
yea only using it for WS and the lua equiping the head for WS as long as i have the buff up

I'm curious, any particular reason you don't want it on for melee attacks?

I want to make sure I'm not overlooking a min/max opportunity that may have changed over the year(s) I've been gone. Is it less efficient to wear Macule Head and Meghanda body while Climactic is active, due to new gear out performing the 25% bonus?
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-10 13:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

The empyrean head increases critical hit damage by 25%, but outside of climactic rudra's that's not all that important. Your melee crits do about 1k or so damage so increasing them by 25% isn't that big of a deal, and the effect does nothing on non-critted melee attacks. Dancer is not thief and it does not do that well gearing for a white damage/crit build. You get much better returns just wearing your malignance hat for tp. I mean... even adhemar bonnet +1 increases crit damage by 6%, and it has 4% triple attack and better tp stats. I'd tp in adhemar +1 long before I would maculele +1.

In its current form the relic hat is just a macro swap for climactic rudra's, but that could change if they buff it enough with the upcoming empyrean +3 updates. For now however, don't bother meleeing in it. It's not worth it yet.
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2022-01-10 14:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »
Asura.Jinbe said: »
yea only using it for WS and the lua equiping the head for WS as long as i have the buff up

I want to make sure I'm not overlooking a min/max opportunity that may have changed over the year(s) I've been gone. Is it less efficient to wear Macule Head and Meghanda body while Climactic is active, due to new gear out performing the 25% bonus?
main reason is cuz when i do 1hr zerg which i do while disengage and head keep going off/on so thats why i was asking but yea will add that lock to head
By SimonSes 2022-01-10 15:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
You get much better returns just wearing your malignance hat for tp.

You know that Maculele Tiara +1 has store tp +8, which is same amount as Malignance right?

Your melee crits do about 1k or so damage

Regular melee crits maybe, but not Clmactic crits. Climactic hit gets +70% of CHR bonus as base damage. Which is like +150 damage base at least. Climactic hits with Tiara are doing like 6k if I recall correctly. Tiara is separate multiplier, not a normal crit damage, so it has no diminishing returns. Tiara is for sure best for DPS during TP with Climactic. The only reason you wouldn't want to use Tiara during Climactic TP phase is because it has poor defensive value and drop in survivability might be too steep in some scenarios.
By FaeQueenCory 2022-01-10 17:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

In its current form the empyrean hat is just a macro swap for climactic rudra's, but that could change if they buff it enough with the upcoming empyrean +3 updates. For now however, don't bother meleeing in it. It's not worth it yet.
It's got decent acc/atk and store TP already, which should be superb in a +3.
But it being a really good candidate for the WSdmg stat will likely further push it toward being a WS piece.
Though there's the possibility that the empyrean body or feet will get that, but the head would be better design.
 Odin.Lawii
Server: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2022-01-11 09:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone use a Setan Kober over the other REMA daggers options in real world applications?
By Nariont 2022-01-11 09:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There's value in path B for SB II shenanigans, otherwise though its a straight downgrade
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-11 10:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lawii said: »
Does anyone use a Setan Kober over the other REMA daggers options in real world applications?
Uh... Not really?
Path A and B can be loosely compared to Mythic and Empyrean.

Path A offers an effect that's weaker but somewhat similar to Empy AM, but it doesn't require you to keep it up, it's always up regardless of activation or anything else. Plus it gives you a ton of STP.

Path B offers an effect that's weaker but somehow similar to Mythic AM3 (but it doesn't work during WS). It also gives a *** of Subtle Blow and of course it gives nothing of the other boons Mythic gives.
Both A and B sport some pretty decent raw stats (Mdmg, Base DMG, lotsa skill acc/att etc) but nothing stellar.

Path C is uhm... something unique if you like to collect niche daggers but I can't really see it as a working option for anything.
A and B instead can be inferior options to Empy and Mythic as I said, faster to make for a Mule maybe? You just pay 50m and you're done. Easy Peasy.
Last I checked on the spreadsheet they were okaysh but clearly not as good as the top options.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-01-11 10:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I use SU5:C over Terpsichore at bumba, so I can worry about steps less often while main healing everyone else.
I don't ever WS though since I never want to be caught w/o TP when I need to cure.
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2022-01-11 21:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For Luas, teh recent update changed the following:

Dancer's Shoes renamed to Dancer's Toe Shoes
Etoile Shoes renamed to Etoile Toe Shoes
Dancer's Shoes +1 renamed to Dancer's Toe Shoes +1
Etoile Shoes +1 renamed to Etoile Toe Shoes +1
Charis Shoes +1 renamed to Charis Toe Shoes +1
Charis Shoes +2 renamed to Charis Toe Shoes +2
Etoile Shoes +2 renamed to Etoile Toe Shoes +2
Maxixi Shoes renamed to Maxixi Toe Shoes
Maxixi Shoes renamed to Maxixi Toe Shoes
Maxixi Shoes +1 renamed to Maxixi Toe Shoes +1
Maxixi Shoes +1 renamed to Maxixi Toe Shoes +1

Edit:
Upon further inspection, my lua already had them written this way? eye r confused
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-01-15 16:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the bis karambit tp/ws builds like?
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2022-01-15 18:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using this for /mnk and /sam

ItemSet 375141

ItemSet 375142
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-01-16 03:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldn't the mache still be needed even /mnk? Also with karambit gaining more tp when your crit rate rises, would the geltis gear (especially body) start to trump in some spots possibly?
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-01-16 03:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste Samba largely negates need for martial arts.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Lordtrey
user: Lordtrey
By Asura.Lordtrey 2022-02-16 11:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Odin.Lawii said: »
D

Path B offers an effect that's weaker but somehow similar to Mythic AM3 (but it doesn't work during WS). It also gives a *** of Subtle Blow and of course it gives nothing of the other boons Mythic gives.

IDK, you could argue that the Path B augment is better than Mythic AM3. Its a followup attack 50% of the time. Those stack with Quad, triple, Double attacks adding one to the total number of attacks with that weapon. OAT/T comes after Q, T, D Attack in proc order and isn't additive. I am surprised how many people don't really understand what follow up attacks do.
 Quetzalcoatl.Joonls
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Joonls
By Quetzalcoatl.Joonls 2022-02-16 14:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't understand because it's not easily available. Took me a bit to find this page on BG and that is the first time I've seen it explained in one place in an understandable way. Even then there is no "Additional Info" for Chance of Follow-up Attack.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Multi-Attack

(and searching BG for "follow-up attack" doesn't land on that multi-attack page)
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-02-16 14:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

not that it's really relevant now, but virtue stone weapons are the same as FUA from path B, it does not check multiple times from stuff like DA.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-02-21 19:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What OH do you guys use with Aeneas for Rudra spam? I don't have twash.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-02-21 19:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gleti, Ternion, Cento all good option
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-02-22 14:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

While verifying SC related stuff, tested wild flourish JPs. It's additive with skillchain bonus term and not included in the 50% cap. I can't think of any other DNC related ability off the top of my head related to SC damage.
[+]
 Asura.Trickflo
user: Efan
By Asura.Trickflo 2022-02-24 03:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody know if there's a cap on defense down? I tried looking for it but all the answers seem to be probably not or maybe x%. In theroy can get over 100% w. box step/ dia / ageha/ifrailty probably overkill but just curious.
By SimonSes 2022-02-24 03:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Trickflo said: »
Does anybody know if there's a cap on defense down? I tried looking for it but all the answers seem to be probably not or maybe x%. In theroy can get over 100% w. box step/ dia / ageha/ifrailty probably overkill but just curious.

Cap was always 1 def afaik, but Im not sure if DEF that comes from VIT can also be reduced with def down.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-24 03:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
While verifying SC related stuff, tested wild flourish JPs. It's additive with skillchain bonus term and not included in the 50% cap. I can't think of any other DNC related ability off the top of my head related to SC damage.
OT but did you perchance verify if Konzen-Ittai and its related Job Points are the same?

Likewise for Meikyo Shisui JPs.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-02-24 12:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
OT but did you perchance verify if Konzen-Ittai and its related Job Points are the same?

Likewise for Meikyo Shisui JPs.
Yes, I mentioned that in the SAM thread. They're also additive and exceed the normal 50%. Sengikori is multiplicative.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-03-01 16:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the strategy for a mythic DNC in a DD role in endgame? Assuming gear matching the guide, along with r15 twash + terp, cento, and r0 gleti.

I've done some experimentation with some weak BRD (march x2, minuet x2) and COR (SAM/Chaos) buffs to see what the best strategy is for content like Odyssey and Omen, but my results have been kindof all over the place. I am pretty familiar with using Twash/Cento, so I tried using Terp/Twash and Terp/Gleti. I tested spamming both PC and Rudras with AM3 up. I intentionally didn't use flourishes for these, although that may be a poor choice given the shorter reuse of striking vs climactic.

Again Apex Idlers, It seemed like the PC damage was close (at times) to Rudras without flourishes and not accounting for the skillchain damage, Rudras would obviously exceed it if there was TP overflow or climactic was up. If you factor in the SC damage, Rudras does considerably more, which is to be expected. The PC damage was decent given the quality of buffs, but not great.

In Sheol C, I tested against manticores (just the closest thing I could find) and got similar results. It seemed like getting AM3 up and then spamming Rudras worked the most effectively.

I swapped between Gleti and Twash OH. I saw slightly higher numbers with Gleti OH than I did Twash, but I'd assume that is because I wasn't attack capped in either situation. The guide suggests using Twash OH when attack capped, so I'll try that when i get better buffs. This was all admittedly limited and somewhat rushed, but it did make me curious.

My conclusion was that, at least with the buffs and mobs I was testing against, using PC to get AM3 then spamming Rudras was getting the best results. I was curious if that is the same others experience in content closer to endgame and with better buffs or if there was a point spamming PC begins to exceed the damage from spamming Rudras with AM3 up.
By SimonSes 2022-03-01 16:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For DPS purpose Terpsi and PK spam only wins if you are massively att overcapped, so you can use PK attack capped set and when skillchain doesn't matter. Otherwise Twashtar/cento all the way. Also I would still use Climactic and Rudra with Terpsi.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-03-02 10:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys bother with using striking flourish with PK? Or just better to save for climatic RS?
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-03-02 10:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Simon.

I also realized just now I was using "PC" instead of "PK" in my post. My bad, I dunno where that came from.

Asura.Topace said: »
Do you guys bother with using striking flourish with PK? Or just better to save for climatic RS?

I'd be curious to know the answer to this, also. I've very infrequently seen it do anything for PK
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-03-29 17:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have Aeonic, mythic and ambu weapon.

From my findings so far Terps when fully buffed absolutely destroys stuff. The only drawback I find is that PK doesn’t self skillchain. But it’s spikes are awesome more the RS from what I see.

Aeonic is awesome for when I’m lack a specific buffs like a bard or a Geo. RS >RS for 99k darkness is always fun. But I don’t find myself using it in a Zerg situation. It’s way too easy to get 3k TP and ride saber dance/ mythic aftermath.

Tauret is cute and it’s evisceration number are great but I don’t use it outside of niche situations.

Don’t have empty yet. Only can go off claims that it’s a beast when augmented. But I don’t see it passing terps in a zeroed situation.
By SimonSes 2022-03-29 20:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
So I have Aeonic, mythic and ambu weapon.

From my findings so far Terps when fully buffed absolutely destroys stuff. The only drawback I find is that PK doesn’t self skillchain. But it’s spikes are awesome more the RS from what I see.

Aeonic is awesome for when I’m lack a specific buffs like a bard or a Geo. RS >RS for 99k darkness is always fun. But I don’t find myself using it in a Zerg situation. It’s way too easy to get 3k TP and ride saber dance/ mythic aftermath.

Tauret is cute and it’s evisceration number are great but I don’t use it outside of niche situations.

Don’t have empty yet. Only can go off claims that it’s a beast when augmented. But I don’t see it passing terps in a zeroed situation.

Depends what you call zerg and how OK you are with WSing without being engaged to the mob. If you are OK with it, then zerg on DNC includes using both SPs and doing 7+ Climactic Rudras and Twashtar/Cento beats everything then. Just spaming WSs, PK wins, but avg WS damage isn't that much higher, it's mostly about WS frequency. If you include regular non SP Climactic Flourish usage, then mythic advantage becomes less obvious and both options much closer in DPS. Also keep in mind bis PK capped attack set requires much more attack, because of much higher PDL in gear. Also Rudra set is much better from defensive side.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 33 34 35