It's Time To Un-gimp Beastmaster!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » It's time to un-gimp Beastmaster!
It's time to un-gimp Beastmaster!
First Page 2 3
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-07-05 13:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

And before you say, "Post it on the official forums," I can't. I'm banned like everyone else who complained about the gimp.

Almost all other jobs now surpass bst, so the bandwagoners have no reason to abuse it again.

The playstyle of bst should be restored to what it has been for over a decade. We should have the option to play how we want to play and not shoehorned into playing how SE wants us to play.

What do you think?

And Hi Draylo! I haven't heard from you in forever. x.x
You can say hi, you know. :-(
How is your blu? Any new videos?
And yes, I'm still on Shiva.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-07-05 14:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been meaning to post this on the official forums, but other people have echoed similar sentiments there and they've fallen on deaf ears. I agree with you. There are just some really broken parts about beastmaster right now. However, I feel like, if Square-Enix is not going to change the distance at which we can use Ready and Reward, then we should do more damage under Unleash to balance us against summoner. Summoner can do AFAC with less risk and more damage in a shorter time. Yes, Unleash is 60s versus 30s but Astral Conduit lines up perfectly with Odyllic Subterfuge, and a decent amount of the time the extra 30 seconds ends up being less effective, as our pets pull hate and get killed before a mob is dead. Both summoner and puppetmaster, but especially PUP, have gotten continual updates which put them in a much better spot than BST. It sucks to be the odd man out of the pet classes.

Really though the distance should be 10' or 15' for both Ready and Reward. There's no benefit to melee alongside the pet for most content because master and pet buffs are totally different. The only use is maybe with GenerousArthur and his utility Ready moves, but you're going to be master-focused in that case.

Dedicated beastmasters still make the job work, and it's not all doom-and-gloom: beastmaster is really good in Omen (all bosses, haven't tried Ou yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work), for sustained damage outside of 1-hours we are about equal to or better than summoner and puppetmaster, BST is still one of the best solo jobs, we are arguably the best cleave job in the game, and our melee damage with Dolichenus is solid. If S-E would just make some minor changes, give us the -Ready timer on a piece of non-weapon ilvl gear or through JP gifts, and either more distance or more damage under Unleash, I'd be satisfied. Oh, and if we're putting together a wish list- ilvl hippogryph and pets with more self-skillchain options!
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-05 14:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

if they'd make it so you dont have to be like 4yalms from your pet to do ready moves, id jump back on board, until then it sits mastered and retired.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-07-05 15:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets not forget they still haven't made bst a good enough melee that it's optimal to melee with it... or make it so there isn't a huge loss of damage to either you or your pet depending because of merlins
[+]
By janeash123 2019-07-20 14:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Make Primal Rend the new Leaden Salute! No? It will pull too much hate? Time to snarl it off you.
By Shichishito 2019-07-20 15:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

fine, you guys win. next update BST buff: 5% higher chance charm is landing.
now stap the BST complaining already.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-07-20 16:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

combine bst and monstrosity, or a job nobody plays with content nobody cares about. Problem solved.
By Draylo 2019-07-20 16:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Monstrosity could make a new job: MORPHER then we can delete Beastmaster
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-20 16:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
I'm banned like everyone else who complained about the gimp.
I'm surprised there are people who aren't banned from the OF already.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-07-20 17:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't get banned if you don't post. I'm honestly amazed that anyone would post there unless they are of the carebear kind. CMs are mostly retards with carebear attitudes and they are the ones picking and pushing the posts that need attention, in their opinion.

How anyone expects idiots to make good choices is beyond me.

These people don't even play the game and are most likely stuck ERPing on FFXIV anyway, why would they even know that Beastmaster is a job and that it's shortened as BST and not BSM.
None of this makes any sense!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-07-20 22:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Squareenix is terrible and doesn’t give a crap what it’s customers want, and this is why I downloaded the Nasomi thing (that i was unable to make work because i don’t understand computers)

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Galaktor
By Asura.Galaktor 2019-07-20 22:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to be main BST I love it so much but that ability range gimp is so bad.. I'm playing pup main which I like a lot.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-07-20 22:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It baffled me when I saw that SE chose to continue buffing charm with the Relic +3 gear, but not give us an increased 'pet level' with the hands. Almost everything end game is un-charmable, so idk what they were thinking. Every melee job got either high DA, STP, or WS Dmg that has helped them melee; with mages getting boosts that have at least some value. Bst got pet Augs that Valorous can win over. I would have been happier if we got Pet Ready damage or something.

Well, I suppose our last hope is that they upgrade the Empy hands' Ready Potency when we get Empy +3 reforged.
[+]
 Asura.Galaktor
By Asura.Galaktor 2019-07-20 23:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Drg needs a lot of love too it's really fun to play.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-07-20 23:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Galaktor said: »
Drg needs a lot of love too it's really fun to play.

Drg is in a pretty good shape with R-15 Empy. No it isn't better then an equally geared Drk. But it is at least useable. Bst isn't even being taken to content, at least from what I have seen on my sever.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By sharazisspecial 2019-07-21 00:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

BST would be balanced with their range back (or even underpowered for certain fights.)

For example this new Cait fight.

Even if Bst had unlimited range. Their pet will be one shot as soon as cait does ? Holy. Cait even does alot of sleep effects that BST can't remove as well as SMN or be plain immune like PUP during overdrive.

SMN and PUP's pets are alot more disposable.
BST has a 5min cd on call beast and 20 min cooldown on Beastial Loyalty. So if they lose 2 pets they are become useless for a few minutes.
[+]
By kishr 2019-07-21 01:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Giving pet food wakes it up...
By sharazisspecial 2019-07-21 02:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Giving pet food wakes it up...

once on a 1min+ cooldown
How many time do most nms for example cait sith use status within 1min?
Cait sith often back to back applys sleepga.
[+]
By kishr 2019-07-21 02:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Then isn't that what this thread is about, Un gimp bst.
Bring pet meds to the fight like dawn mulsum, no cool down timer.
By sharazisspecial 2019-07-21 08:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Then isn't that what this thread is about, Un gimp bst.
Bring pet meds to the fight like dawn mulsum, no cool down timer.

I was listing BST's weakness compared to SMN and PUP.
Giving reasons to why ungimping them wouldn't make BST overpowered.

Used the new Cait Sith BG mechanics as example of how BST struggles with status effects and Pet deaths in comparison to the other Pet jobs.
By Shichishito 2019-07-21 09:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

7% higher chance to land charm and everything uncharmable is bound for 1 additional second. now i don't want to hear any more complaints!
By Nariont 2019-07-21 10:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Said in another thread but in regards to bst pets and ailments to say pup:

so just for the sake of it, i could remove 3 enfeebs with repair with +3 af boots aswell as a near full heal, then up to another 4 with maint, then another 1-3 stat removal every 30s~ or so depending on maneuvers. BST in comparison, you use reward and thats all you get for a good minute. Both jobs need their pet as ailment free as possible sometimes as its not as expendable as say avatars are, bst just has more limitations at removing ailments than pup does.

Both bst and drg need a deus ex type ja to resummon quickly as their timers are far too long given how easy it is to kill a pet, or more likely the player sometimes, and bst just needs some kind of eraser attachment option whether it be item or a ja.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-21 11:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am on the official forums.

linked is my thread for suggestions to modify Beastmaster. and I am shamelessly invading this thread with my post:

Things to Adjust on bst
Just thinking of when Beastmaster might get some adjustments. I know I have made several threads on different ideas, but I wanted to post them in a list.

1. Restore range for pet commands back up to 17 or 20. the change did not have the desired effect. it simply made it easier to mess up pet commands by cancelling them unexpectedly. Its ridiculous to keep track of distance to pet. Unless SE wants to encourage the use of 3rd party addons.

2. More ilvl Pets. I would love to get the 8 unique pets that cap at 114 with merits up to 119. (ie flytrap, hippogryph, leech, adamantoise, sabotender, Coeurl, Lynx, snow bunny) it has always seemed strange that Beastmaster has LOST abilities as it levels up. These pets have some wonderful abilities, but are pretty much useless at high level fights because the level gap is too large.

3. Pets should generate Enmity from self-buffing ready moves (ie zealous snort, secretion, bubble curtain, scissor guard, metallic body, etc). Really this fits the option for being able to tank on BST if a player puts serious effort in, but its not threat to how other Tank jobs operate.

4. Snarl Enmity should be modified by Pet Enmity+ gear (Heyoka set!)

5. TP Scaling for ready moves should be adjusted to go from 0 to 3000 instead of 1000 to 3000. Currently they start at 1000 no matter what actual tp is.

6. Charm and Tame should be allowed even if pet is present. If the game won't support charming all the creatures which should be charmable, (ie almost everything), then let us use them while we have a jug pet. Let us bind w/ charm even if there is a pet out. let us use it for enmity if nothing else. Let us tame mobs even if we have a pet already. It becomes a crowd control move. At least they would not be completely useless as they are now.

7. New pets would also fantastic. The recent update to puppetmaster made me hopeful ;.;

8. Reduce recast on Feral Howl. 90s would be good in my opinion. OR keep the recast and such as it is, and make it AoE this would be a fun toy.

9. More Killer Effects + gear, 3% Killer effects + earring plz. increase killer effect+ on Totemic trousers +3

10. Shields with pet enhancing stats.

11. Put a low end limit on Ready charge recast (10 seconds is good). And add the trait to other pieces of gear. This opens a broader range of play styles and support job selection.

12. A corsair Trust that will give Beast Roll or Puppet roll, or Companion roll or Drachen roll

Just sorting the list of fixes and suggestions for Beastmaster.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-07-22 13:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

1. No.
2. No.
3. No.
4. No.
5. No.
6. No.
7. No.
8. No.
9. No.
10. No.
11. No.
12. No.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-07-22 15:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
1. No.
2. No.
3. No.
4. No.
5. No.
6. No.
7. No.
8. No.
9. No.
10. No.
11. No.
12. No.

Clearly you haven't played Bst in the past 3 years.
By Shichishito 2019-07-22 15:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
1. No.
2. No.
3. No.
4. No.
5. No.
6. No.
7. No.
8. No.
9. No.
10. No.
11. No.
12. No.
thats proper barancing!
instead you shall receive 5 seconds shorter cooldowns on gauge.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-22 19:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I recommended enabling skill chains with pets years ago. they made that change...

really don't think they'll reject all of it.
First Page 2 3