Forum » FFXI » General » June 2019 Version Update
June 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Friedrik 2019-06-11 15:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
VD Odin:
650k~ HP, casts Endark, Dread Spikes, Drain, Aspir, Silencega, Absorb-TP, Stun, Kaustra (during Manafont)
Geirrothr appear to be a 18k needles (6k on VE, 12k on normal), Sanngetall removes songs/rolls only, Yggr gives him a 50% Attack Boost for 5 min.
Doesn't resist geo debuffs at all but resist Mewing Lullaby (Reaving Wind can render him harmless still...), Silence, Armor Break and dark based Dispel works.
He has a cumulative resistance to WSs/BPs/nukes, it's the same already present in Dynamis/Heroines' Combat II (-10%, -25%, -40%, -60%, -85% if you keep using the same attack).

I'm not sure Geirrothr is 18k. I tested myself, went into Odin VD solo and survived the whole thing as RUN. I do believe it is just like the Master Trial move and i do feel like it is affected by PDT. Also Yggr does give him an intimidation effect for roughly 1-2 minutes.

Also this HTB is a way easier version of the Master Trial Odin, so you can melee zerg it pretty quick with right set up.

Someone told me Utsusemi blocks Zantetsuke X, but I never got around to testing mostly cos I always reacted too slow.

I noticed a pattern with Zantetsuke X, it may not be 100% accurate, but happened consistent in my 10-12 runs I did: Roughly 30-40% Odin uses Manafont for 2nd time -> followed by AoE spell to wipe Utsusemi -> then Zantetsuke X. I could never test if Utsusemi worked, but would love to know if someone has been able to test properly.

Also RR does not block the insta KO unfortunately.

Shadows don't seem to work, our DDs got taken out with 3 up. From what I've seen Zan X enters his move list under 50% and he can use it more than once in a fight. /kneel definitely works against it as well.

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
So is it safe to assume that the Odin battlefield won't screw with our Dynamis entry timers anymore now that they've run maintienence on selbina?

I ran it a few times today and my lockout timer has not changed. You're good to go.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2019-06-11 15:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Distilled water may now be used as a consumable item.

Well about damn time for that. :rolleyes:
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-11 16:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Friedrik said: »
Shadows don't seem to work, our DDs got taken out with 3 up. From what I've seen Zan X enters his move list under 50% and he can use it more than once in a fight. /kneel definitely works against it as well.

Good to know /kneel works. I did try this as well yesterday, but I wasn't on top of my game so I reacted too slow to /kneel as well so was unsure if it worked or not.

Thanks for tip on utsusemi too.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-06-11 16:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

VD Odin:
650k~ HP, casts Endark, Dread Spikes, Drain, Aspir, Silencega, Absorb-TP, Stun, Kaustra (during Manafont)
Geirrothr appear to be a 18k needles (6k on VE, 12k on normal), Sanngetall removes songs/rolls only, Yggr gives him a 50% Attack Boost for 5 min.
Doesn't resist geo debuffs at all but resist Mewing Lullaby (Reaving Wind can render him harmless still...), Silence, Armor Break and dark based Dispel works.
He has a cumulative resistance to WSs/BPs/nukes, it's the same already present in Dynamis/Heroines' Combat II (-10%, -25%, -40%, -60%, -85% if you keep using the same attack).

I'm not sure Geirrothr is 18k. I tested myself, went into Odin VD solo and survived the whole thing as RUN. I do believe it is just like the Master Trial move and i do feel like it is affected by PDT. Also Yggr does give him an intimidation effect for roughly 1-2 minutes.
Someone with 0 PDT took 3k from a Geirrothr targeting 6 persons in VD, I think each level of difficulty adds 3000. It should be indeed impossible to survive alone even with 75% PDT, maybe there are some unknown parameters concerning Geirrothr. In Black And White Geirrothr has several variances (5000, 6250, 7500, 8750 and 10000), same in Odin's Chamber II (10000~20000).
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-11 16:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It is possible there are some hidden mechanics. I went in few times solo, with trusts and no trusts I did survive it every time, but I never paid attention to the damage dealt.
By Aerix 2019-06-11 17:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone with 0 PDT took 3k from a Geirrothr targeting 6 persons in VD, I think each level of difficulty adds 3000. It should be indeed impossible to survive alone even with 75% PDT, maybe there are some unknown parameters concerning Geirrothr. In Black And White Geirrothr has several variances (5000, 6250, 7500, 8750 and 10000), same in Odin's Chamber II (10000~20000).

Maton tanks can survive an 18k Geirrothr solo thanks to being able to reach 87.5% PDT along with having 3.6k+ HP. They are also unaffected by the Sanngetall dispel.

Only Zantetsuken X poses a problem as that can kill even pets.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-06-11 19:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

now im not sure if this is because of the update or not but the last 2 days I've been zeni farming my zen is very random. normally i would get my 1440 to 1515zeni

but now despite the pictures are taking in the exact same spot without moving. i get 510 to 1515 on the same character
By huttburt<3 2019-06-11 21:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

To all you *** buying the ring for 200M, you're a ***.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-06-11 21:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No kidding. Should be spending a minimum of 250
By huttburt<3 2019-06-11 21:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Shichishito said: »
no one disappointed that BLU is not on either of those two rings? blu has been neglected in gear upgrades since omen, it needs to stop!

the sword might be a decent offhand option although its tailored around war and drk (no haste on new breastplate and helm). but tbh i'm more pissed than excited if there is a equal/better weapon option for a slot i already made a REMA for.

Yeah I was mentioning this to people last night. The only thing we have got since then is lolPinga and AF/Relic upgrades.
*** bs
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-06-11 21:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Zantetsuken X
DMG:323 Delay:456 STR+25 Accuracy+42 Attack+48 Great Sword skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +228
Haste+7% "Store TP"+6
Occasionally nullifies enemies' defense
Lv.99 PLD/DRK/RUN

WAR's screaming that they're not on this. Absolutely crushes Ragnarok further for PLD and DRK.

Meh, I'm sick of Great Sword. The Sword looks amazing offhand for Decimation.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-06-12 00:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Not sure if I miss it somewhere: does anyone know how "Occasionally nullifies enemies' defense" on GS work? It sounds like your swings/ws occassionally fires off at capped pdif regardless of buffs.

Not sure Afa, we got 2 GS today, so Bz or Misc can test them and we'll find out soon.

Also, here are some updated Drop rates on Gunslingers runs with up to Th4 max on VD over 2 nights.

Body: 12/25
Head: 7/25
Gere Ring: 7/25 (seems much more common than we thought)
Freke Ring: 3/25
Polearm: 2/25
Great Sword: 2/25
Sword: none/25
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-06-12 08:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If I recall correctly, they mentioned in the digest that they've repurposed Walk of Echoes for future content and to deal with congestion issues. One of the reasons we fight Odin in there.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-06-12 08:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
New zone was added in the patch yesterday, looks like either a slightly altered Walk of echoes zone or a clone of the old one. Was there anything about that in the patch notes?
Not exactly.
But their little coding derp revealed to us (or at least me) what they've done serverside.

So original Dynamis was instanced. And for sake of argument, let's say that there were 10 instances (rooms) of each zone for a total of 100 rooms (probably partitions) on the "Dynamis server".
When they collapsed the instances into a regular zone, essentially cutting access to all but one room, that left 90 unused copies of each Dynamis zone on that server.
Then they made Dynamis Divergence, most likely cannibalizing all those empty old Dynamis rooms for the 4 base cities.
So with my arbitrary numbers, that would put that server as 10 rooms for the Dynamis zones, 36 rooms of Divergence instances (with 9 each), and 54 "empty" rooms.

Most likely they looked toward all these old Dynamis spaces as a good place for more Legion instances (as they're already coded as instanced zones, so would just have to change the sandbox).
And this is why I think the Odin merit fight is in Selbina and WoE, instead of using old instance zones for the merit fights as previously, they took some of these old empty instanced Dynamis rooms and changed the sandbox with a copy of WoE battlefields.

This would explain both why entering the Odin fight triggered the Divergence wait time; as it implies they're on the same server with a shell code affecting all the instanced zones on that server.
As well as why a "new zone" shows up client side, because that's not the WoE zone on the Woe server, but is WoE on the Dynamis server. (it's a lot more technical than that, but I'm keeping things simple.)
So with my arbitrary numbers, this server has 10 Dynamis rooms, 36 Divergence instanced rooms, 9 Odin WoE instanced rooms, and 45 "empty" instanced rooms... some of which will likely be cannibalized for Legion instances either next update or the one after.

If Legion pops up as a "new zone" when they increase Ambuscade instances, then I am 100% right. (Let's hope they now know to delink that Divergence timer for that... but doing Odin this way was probably a test to see if this could be a solution to the congestion.)
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-06-12 08:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

VD Odin:

If by "solo" he meant that he was the only character in range, it could be that a luopan was there, which would split things to 9k, then 75% PDT would allow you to survive the split.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-06-12 08:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
So original Dynamis was instanced.

Original dynamis was a single zone that would lock once you broke the hour glass. That zone would then be occupied by that group for the entire time they were in and NOBODY else on the server could enter that zone until the previous group exited.

Yes it sucked, each server had to create calendar schedules with all the major dynamis groups using the honor system to adhere to those calendars. And there was always those *** low man teams that would screw over everyone by not using the schedules and just entering where ever whenever.

When SE made the first "Dynamis 2.0" all they did was open the zones up as shared zones and rearrange the monsters inside.
[+]
By Shadoween 2019-06-13 16:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Skyeater said: »
hmmm, i did VE and didn't get credit.
could windower or addons be causing this issue?

Skyeater said: »
Any clue what the monthly RoE for the HTMB is? just did celestial nexus again and no dice.

Just tried the Celestial Nexus a few times and still no credit for it.

Does anyone know if this is a Bug or a just poor translation?

I'm about to do all the HTBs until it gives credit.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-13 16:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the celestial nexus. It worked for every account. On VE.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-13 17:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
kireek said: »
New zone was added in the patch yesterday, looks like either a slightly altered Walk of echoes zone or a clone of the old one. Was there anything about that in the patch notes?
Not exactly.
But their little coding derp revealed to us (or at least me) what they've done serverside.

So original Dynamis was instanced. And for sake of argument, let's say that there were 10 instances (rooms) of each zone for a total of 100 rooms (probably partitions) on the "Dynamis server".
When they collapsed the instances into a regular zone, essentially cutting access to all but one room, that left 90 unused copies of each Dynamis zone on that server.
Then they made Dynamis Divergence, most likely cannibalizing all those empty old Dynamis rooms for the 4 base cities.
So with my arbitrary numbers, that would put that server as 10 rooms for the Dynamis zones, 36 rooms of Divergence instances (with 9 each), and 54 "empty" rooms.

Most likely they looked toward all these old Dynamis spaces as a good place for more Legion instances (as they're already coded as instanced zones, so would just have to change the sandbox).
And this is why I think the Odin merit fight is in Selbina and WoE, instead of using old instance zones for the merit fights as previously, they took some of these old empty instanced Dynamis rooms and changed the sandbox with a copy of WoE battlefields.

This would explain both why entering the Odin fight triggered the Divergence wait time; as it implies they're on the same server with a shell code affecting all the instanced zones on that server.
As well as why a "new zone" shows up client side, because that's not the WoE zone on the Woe server, but is WoE on the Dynamis server. (it's a lot more technical than that, but I'm keeping things simple.)
So with my arbitrary numbers, this server has 10 Dynamis rooms, 36 Divergence instanced rooms, 9 Odin WoE instanced rooms, and 45 "empty" instanced rooms... some of which will likely be cannibalized for Legion instances either next update or the one after.

If Legion pops up as a "new zone" when they increase Ambuscade instances, then I am 100% right. (Let's hope they now know to delink that Divergence timer for that... but doing Odin this way was probably a test to see if this could be a solution to the congestion.)

Almost all of this is wrong besides the fact that they're using dynamis instance servers for odin(and future amb).
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-06-14 22:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno if this was mentioned or not (or if it is obvious), but getting a Mog Garden flotsam item you already have (like a Summerstone) and discarding it does not count towards the monthly RoE objective.

Also,an easy way to complete the plasm objective on mules you don't have geared enough to win delve- farm and dbox beads from T5 field NMs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-14 22:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »
Also,an easy way to complete the plasm objective on mules you don't have geared enough to win delve- farm and dbox beads from T5 field NMs.

Haven't tried it yet but can't you just eat cheap shards etc for the clear?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-14 22:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but ugh that would be painfully slow

(you could buy ~16 shards)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-14 23:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You've got a month to do it, will be fine
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-06-14 23:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kamihr drifts T5 Ytzarg is an easy solo with trusts, pop items from the two ytzarg nq mobs seem to be 100%.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-06-14 23:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

First sword dropped after about 30 fights, so this along with maybe Polearm/Zanet X/nuking Ring are the 2-3 rare pieces
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-06-14 23:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, here are some updated Drop rates on Gunslingers runs with up to Th4 max on VD over 3 nights.

Body: 14/37
Head: 10/37
Gere Ring: 11/37 (seems much more common than we thought)
Freke Ring: 4/37
Polearm: 2/37
Great Sword: 2/37
Sword: 2/37

Probably can safely say Sword/GS/Nuking ring/Pole have about a 5% or lower drop rate on VD

Body seems to be 40%-50%
Head/Gere about 25%-30%
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-06-15 00:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Body: 13/30
Head: 8/30
Gere Ring: 8/30 (seems much more common than we thought)
Freke Ring: 3/30
Polearm: 2/30
Great Sword: 2/30
Sword: 1/30

I was starting to get a little worried because we've seen 4 swords and 3 polearms, but 0 great swords. All of the fights with a THF TH8'ing on VD. I'm glad the drop rate between weapons seem to be more or less the same for your group. We're all waiting on great swords at this point.

Edit: We didn't notice Freke ring being too low, since we all got one pretty fast. Maybe we were just lucky.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-06-15 00:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
I was starting to get a little worried because we've seen 4 swords and 3 polearms, but 0 great swords. All of the fights with a THF TH8'ing on VD. I'm glad the drop rate between weapons seem to be more or less the same for your group. We're all waiting on great swords at this point.

Edit: We didn't notice Freke ring being too low, since we all got one pretty fast. Maybe we were just lucky.

I'll keep updating this post i guess to get better numbers untl we do 100 of them.

Also seen 2 Gere rings drop at once, so that's possible

Edit: Also we just capped on this groups bodies/heads/gere...so yeah.... lolol,, but we've been adding mules so the drop rates should be correct for at least up until run #37
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-06-15 00:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We've seen two bodies happen in one run too. We see too many "no drop" runs now since everyone has the head/body/rings. I guess I should have kept a better record of drops like you guys! XD
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7