Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133 ... 198 199 200

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-09-24 15:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The odds of Trump getting impeached are probably pretty good, and I think that's awesome because the odds of the Senate actually convicting are next to nothing. Given what happened with Clinton, I can't imagine what the Dems are thinking is going to come of this. If Trump is such an easy opponent like they seem to want everyone to believe, then this is a really stupid risk.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-09-24 15:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Releasing the phone transcript should clear some things up (if he goes through with it).

/shrug

Its just funny because the Biden scandal died before it even started.
By Nausi 2019-09-24 15:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The odds of Trump getting impeached are probably pretty good, and I think that's awesome because the odds of the Senate actually convicting are next to nothing. Given what happened with Clinton, I can't imagine what the Dems are thinking is going to come of this. If Trump is such an easy opponent like they seem to want everyone to believe, then this is a really stupid risk.
Except the polls are wrong, and this is their only shot.
By Viciouss 2019-09-24 16:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, it's true that Rasmussen and Zogby are woefully inaccurate.

Pelosi is on solid ground initiating an inquiry, the admin is breaking the law everyday by not turning over the complaint to Congress.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-09-24 17:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you want to argue against one or two pollsters, the RCP aggregated average currently has Trump at his highest approval since Feb. 2017.

You'd better believe that impeachment is a desperation play.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-09-24 17:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not the one that is trying to argue the "polls are wrong." I'm perfectly content to accept the RCP aggregate having Trump in the red, along with all the pollsters having Trump behind at least 4 Dem candidates. This impeachment inquiry is not even close to being a "desperation play" lol. There is nothing for the Dems to be desperate about right now.

Besides, its easy to look at RCP and see how much Rasmussen is propping Trump up. +8? Give us a break. You know thats not accurate at all.
By fonewear 2019-09-24 18:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares about some poll...

I could make a poll showing you how much I don't care...but what's the point !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-09-24 18:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
lolwhat
In his universe 16 year olds can't have their own political opinion and are therefore manipulated by the liberals.

The conservatives merely "educate" their teen followers.

Full disclosure: I had political opinions at 8.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-09-24 18:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I fully agree with you here.

I suspect Nancy would as well.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-09-24 18:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought they shut down mental asylums but somehow these *** are out walking among us !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Nausi 2019-09-24 18:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
lolwhat
In his universe 16 year olds can't have their own political opinion and are therefore manipulated by the liberals.

Lol source?
By fonewear 2019-09-24 18:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of psychos have you seen this *** ? lol

Them must have upped here anti psychotics cause she barely blinks !

And a bad botox job has her lips all funny..hmmm

By Viciouss 2019-09-24 18:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
lolwhat

Lol source?

lol...you
[+]
By fonewear 2019-09-24 18:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll save everyone many pages of pointless arguments:

lol no

lol yes

lol source

lol yes

lol no
[+]
By fonewear 2019-09-24 18:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the low even for FFXIAH low standards.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-09-24 18:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like we are finally getting reports that the WH is going to actually turn the whistleblower complaint as well as the telephone call to Congress. That was a pretty fast cave.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-09-24 19:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not the one that is trying to argue the "polls are wrong." I'm perfectly content to accept the RCP aggregate having Trump in the red, along with all the pollsters having Trump behind at least 4 Dem candidates. This impeachment inquiry is not even close to being a "desperation play" lol. There is nothing for the Dems to be desperate about right now.

Besides, its easy to look at RCP and see how much Rasmussen is propping Trump up. +8? Give us a break. You know thats not accurate at all.

You, like most people, are looking at the polls the wrong way. The actual numbers are somewhat irrelevant because polls all have different methodologies and questions. The strength of polls (especially aggregates) lies in the trends. You're so caught up in Rasmussen's numbers that you immediately dismiss them, but in so doing fail to recognize that Rasmussen is better suited as a trend bellwether than most other polls because it updates daily.

You're going to miss the forest because you spend too much time hugging your favorite trees. I should also note that Trump can absolutely still win the election with a negative approval/disapproval spread. Just because someone doesn't like him and/or refuses to vote for him doesn't mean they'll automatically vote for whoever the Dems throw at us. You may have a binary worldview, but not everyone else does.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-09-24 19:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The bigger story is how desperate the Democrats are to impeach Trump.

They've talked about this ***since Nov 2016
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-09-24 19:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You, like most people, are looking at the polls the wrong way. The actual numbers are somewhat irrelevant because polls all have different methodologies and questions. The strength of polls (especially aggregates) lies in the trends. You're so caught up in Rasmussen's numbers that you immediately dismiss them, but in so doing fail to recognize that Rasmussen is better suited as a trend bellwether than most other polls because it updates daily.

You're going to miss the forest because you spend too much time hugging your favorite trees. I should also note that Trump can absolutely still win the election with a negative approval/disapproval spread. Just because someone doesn't like him and/or refuses to vote for him doesn't mean they'll automatically vote for whoever the Dems throw at us. You may have a binary worldview, but not everyone else does.

Thats cute, I don't have a "binary worldview", and I don't dismiss Rasmussen's numbers, I dismiss their methods. They have been repeatedly called out and debunked for their polling methods by other pollsters. I don't even know why RCP counts them in their index (they don't count Zogby who again, has been repeatedly called out for their methods, even called the worst pollster). Trump and Nausi run to Rasmussen for their numbers (not their trends). They dismiss other polls because of their numbers. Every poll that has Trump in the red is fake to them.
By Viciouss 2019-09-24 19:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pelosi played this perfectly, she doesn't want to vote on impeachment, but she wants the truth to come out about Ukraine, so she launches an impeachment inquiry and less than 3 hours later, the WH has caved and is planning to release all the information tomorrow. Now, its not too late for Trump to find a *** excuse to redact/not release something, but the pressure from Pelosi certainly worked.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-09-24 19:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a "binary worldview"

Well, I mean, I'm okay with you saying that because I don't actually know you personally, but as far as I've seen you have taken the Left's default stance on every single issue that we have ever discussed in here. That's about as binary as you can possibly get.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-09-24 19:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN VIC.exe

Fatal error

Logic not found.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-09-24 19:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nancy with all that money can't even get good botox and or face lift ?
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-09-24 19:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Nancy with all that money can't even get good botox and or face lift ?

Neither can Trump?
By Viciouss 2019-09-24 19:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh also today, its kind of flown under the radar, because McConnell has completely turtled up, but the Senate did vote 100-0 for the whistleblower complaint to be released to Congress. Even the GOP has had enough of Trump's flipflopping.
By fonewear 2019-09-24 19:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's see what Bernie Sanders is up to:

[+]
By Viciouss 2019-09-24 19:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a "binary worldview"

Well, I mean, I'm okay with you saying that because I don't actually know you personally, but as far as I've seen you have taken the Left's default stance on every single issue that we have ever discussed in here. That's about as binary as you can possibly get.

This was also cute, who can't this be applied to? Let's see, FONEWEAR...that's the list.
By Nausi 2019-09-24 19:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

it is circulating among twitter that there are no plans to hold a house vote for formal INPEACH investigation.

Its all a fake show by Pelosi.

Libs have no choice but to lose.
By Nausi 2019-09-24 19:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Its so hilarious. Vic is presented with a poll he doesn't like and what does he say?

"Oh that's fake"

Then in the very next breath state the belief that people who believe polls are fake are ridiculous.

Not even adolescent tier reasoning.
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133 ... 198 199 200