New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » A Summoner's Gear Guide
A Summoner's Gear Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21
By Pantafernando 2019-10-19 02:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also remember that you can change paths just by trading the gear to nolan and paying some minuscle amount o silt.
By Wotasu 2019-10-24 10:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So how does one go about getting this stickied? Pray to the allmighty forum gods or send a PM to a mod and hope? I finally made it into a node and prettied it up abit, so Im quite pleased with it atm!
[+]
By ryukin182 2019-11-03 18:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to use smn on WoC and i'm only doing 8k volt strikes. Gear I'm using is exactly Physical BloodPact Advanced v2. drg/bst roll/am3/bolster frailty+torpor. I don't know what's average for WOC, but is this too low (as i'm thinking it is?).
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-03 18:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You're probably mashing without disabling gs so half your pacts are in idle, if I had to guess
By ryukin182 2019-11-03 19:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I disabled gearswap before the fight began the 2nd time I did it and put in full bp gear piece for piece as in Advanced v2, and still did 8k (mostly) with spikes from am3 to 16k
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-11-03 22:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

are you job master?
are you using astral flow?
is the geo 900 skill?
is the geo using idris?
is the geo using bolster?
is the geo doing more than just bubble and idle?
By ryukin182 2019-11-04 01:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
are you job master?
are you using astral flow?
is the geo 900 skill?
is the geo using idris?
is the geo using bolster?
is the geo doing more than just bubble and idle?

yes, yes, yes, dunna + bagua +2, yes
By Wotasu 2019-11-04 02:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

How many ppl in the party/alliance?
How did the other Smn's parse(if parse) how was their dmg?
And 8k-13k entire fight or after braclet mode?
Is the Geo doing Indi-Frailty Geo-Torpor and standing 20' range? Or other way around, Regal Rolls etc.
I had a AG iGeo when told to do Frail/Torpor do Indi-Frailty Geo-Torpor and stand 20 range and watch fight go crap.
By SimonSes 2019-11-04 03:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
I had a AG iGeo when told to do Frail/Torpor do Indi-Frailty Geo-Torpor and stand 20 range and watch fight go crap.

Did he at least poke WoC to be on hate list? :D
By SimonSes 2019-11-04 03:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
I am trying to use smn on WoC and i'm only doing 8k volt strikes. Gear I'm using is exactly Physical BloodPact Advanced v2. drg/bst roll/am3/bolster frailty+torpor. I don't know what's average for WOC, but is this too low (as i'm thinking it is?).

Did your Geo hit WoC with something to be on hate list and geo spell starting to work on WoC?
By Wotasu 2019-11-04 04:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
ryukin182 said: »

Did your Geo hit WoC with something to be on hate list and geo spell starting to work on WoC?

So since the Geo casts either Geo-Torpor or Geo-Frailty on WoC(hopefully) he is on the hate list. Any Geo-Spell cast on the mob will put the caster on the list.
Other things can go wrong tho, did Geo cast Indi-Spell on itself b4 pop, since indi-spells get cancelled on Escha force pops.
Food, no food. Could just be below acc requirements.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-11-04 06:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the cor doing crooked cards on the rolls? With regal neck?
Are there any buffs woc put up to affect output?
Is the avatar getting hit with any debuff?
What is your pet atk/acc at right buffed up before conduit?
Iirc the various non idris stuff that boosts potency do not stack, check on that.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-04 07:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this issue, he could be having it too.
In-game equipsets messing up with gearswap and swaps being messed up so you are bping in a precast set or an idle set. This is without conduit.

With conduit, check if gear is locked and disabled while wearing your bp set for volt strike. Thats a very common mistake.
By ryukin182 2019-11-04 20:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like it was the geo + gearswap together. Tried with new geo and fixed a minor issue in gearswap. But overall it was mostly the geo. Did 30-55k volts with new people.

I really appreciate the feedback and helping me go over a checklist of what could be wrong. Thanks guys

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-04 20:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing easier than geo and most of you still manage to screw it up somehow

(of the top reasons, gearswap is likely number one as well)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2019-11-05 14:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Casting the geo bubble doesn't put the geo on the list nor activates the bubble.

Test by casting geo poison on somthing and nothing elae.
By Wotasu 2019-11-05 15:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neyochimaru said: »
Casting the geo bubble doesn't put the geo on the list nor activates the bubble.

Test by casting geo poison on somthing and nothing elae.

Try yourself, if you go out and cast Geo-poison on a mob will it just ignore you or run to you?
If it runs to you, you're on the hate list!
Any other mobs that just walkes into the bubble will have 0 effect.
Unless it aggroes you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2019-11-05 17:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

op my bad. You are in fact correct, and i am indeed a dumbass, that misremembered this because i was confusing wander mobs with the one i cast on's information.

I retract my previous statement. Casting a bubble on some ***does in fact put the geo on the hate list. Carry on, nothing to see here. Especially not a galka eating words. ^^;
By ryukin182 2019-12-01 23:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For merlinic hands physical, what atk/acc should i aim for? I keep getting 9 blood pact dmg but only 10 atk or 10 acc. Am i wasting my time trying to get higher atk/acc?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By ryukin182 2019-12-01 23:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks
By Jetackuu 2019-12-02 03:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I missing something or is capped FC on SMN a tall order to fill?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-02 03:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
wat
By Jetackuu 2019-12-02 03:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
wat

What didn't you understand?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-02 03:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
wat

What didn't you understand?
Are you implying that it's nigh impossible to cap FC for precast on SMN? Because that's not quite the case.

Aside from the fact that SMNs tipically go /RDM and that alone is 15% FC that you don't have to worry about in gear.
But even if you want to cap FC for other SJs it's totally possible, granted in this scenario you'll probably need a custom Ambuscade cape with FC+10%.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-02 04:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was claiming that it's a pain in the ***. But making ANOTHER ambu cape can help fill the gap, the lack of hands options is depressing though...

I mean just going off what I have on my main:
Code
sets.exported={
    main={ name="Grioavolr", augments={'Blood Pact Dmg.+7','Pet: VIT+9','Pet: Mag. Acc.+9','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+25',}},
    sub="Clerisy Strap",
    head="Nahtirah Hat",
    body="Baayami Robe +1",
    hands="Volte Gloves",
    legs="Orvail Pants +1",
    feet="Volte Gaiters",
    neck="Voltsurge Torque",
    waist="Witful Belt",
    left_ear="Loquac. Earring",
    left_ring="Kishar Ring",
    right_ring="Prolix Ring",
    back="Swith Cape +1",
}

Which isn't exactly horrible, I'm still missing 1% (obvi assuming /rdm). I can close the gap with buying an earring, but still, my alts are going to be under cap for ages...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-02 04:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll obviously leave DM augs outside, but some things that come to minde quick:

Main: Sucellus has 5%, Grioavolr can be augmented to up to 8% FC with Fern stones, 7% with the others. Meaning that if you're looking for something like 3+ you'd be fine with just a bunch of stones.
Oranyan, which you likely have seen drop countless times by now, has 7% (and so much more!)

Sub: Clerisy+1 for Staves, Chanter's for Clubs. Both have 3%.

Head: Amalric+1, which you probably already own, has 1% FC more than Nahtirah. Otherwise there's Fern augs for Merlinic. Up to 7% with Fern Stones for a total of 15% FC.

Body: Inyanga+2, which I'm pretty confident you own already, has 14% FC and it's completely free.

Hands: Possibly the slot with the least options. Can get up to 7% on Merlinic but I wouldn't bother since you've got Volte Gloves.

Legs: Psycloth Lappas, pretty easy to obtain even solo, have 7% FC.

Feet: Volte Gaiters are nice but Regal Pumps +1 (quite easy to obtain) can go up to 8%

For the earrings you already said it yourself, you could buy Enchanter+1 (probably very expensive) for 2% more. Ringwise you could swap Prolix Ring for Weatherspoon but I assume you have a different Adoulin Ring.
Swith Cape+1 is nice instead, no real alternative to that I'd say, other than 10% FC Ambu Cape.
By Draylo 2019-12-02 04:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No it's pretty easy and it isn't like SMN has many spells that are huge cast times.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-02 05:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that was my main's set and most of that isn't viable currently on the alts, and no I don't have inyaga on either, did forget about my pumps when I was comparing the list I made vs the main's available. And no Draylo I don't consider that "pretty easy" but like most things it is subjective. Really a matter of augmented gear, which means they'll probably stay uncapped ????
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21