Why Does Zenith Hate Us?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Why Does Zenith Hate Us?
Why Does Zenith Hate Us?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Sylph.Ixe
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2009-10-13 01:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Vitaru said:
Oxbloodravenxo said:
Deatharc said:
Am I the only one who thinks SCH should have zenith (Dalmatica Set)? Hell SCH is supposed to wear armor shared from other mages, yet, we can't use the set that all the other mages can use (WHM/BLM/RDM/BRD/SMN)? not cool SE, not cool...

You take our tier IV nukes...
You take our buffing abilities....
You take our curing abilities.....
You take sublimation as a kick off from convert..........

Now they want our zenith!?
When will it end ; ;

When they are able to use Mandau

Just like brd... I mean seriously wtf and hecatomb

I use Heca on my BRD :3
When I WS!!
(yes, I have a melee set of gear for BRD :o)
 Remora.Vitaru
Server: Remora
user: Vitaru
By Remora.Vitaru 2009-10-13 01:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol let's not make this a cor vs brd hating thread now xD
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-10-13 01:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from blm rdm and whm sch can hold thier own pretty well solowise and is a great job.

Id like to see more JA enhancing gear. Perhaps gear with weather enhancements.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-13 01:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm needs to be better at buffing!!!
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-13 01:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:

You say that next time a rdm refreshes you or haste's you! D:

lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-13 01:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oxbloodravenxo said:
Dasva said:

You say that next time a rdm refreshes you or haste's you! D:

lol

No I wont. And um I am a rdm. I didn't say they need better buffs I said they need to be better at them. They use the buffs worse then whm and sch QQ.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-13 01:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have some bad news for all you BLMs...

User submitted image

User submitted image

Sorry, guys. SCH > BLM.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-13 01:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm so calling BS on that. complete and utter BS or he got a resist. The amount of native and gear MAB passes yours by so much its not even funny... not to mention my gear isnt near that good and I do alot more then that. And those top blms are complete blm n00bs clearly with crap gear and no merits
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-13 01:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe what you must.

You'd think differently if you leveled SCH yourself.
 Siren.Ragearo
user: Ragearo
By Siren.Ragearo 2009-10-13 01:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
I have some bad news for all you BLMs...

User submitted image

User submitted image

Sorry, guys. SCH > BLM.

Ya sorry, was just up on puddings at same time as this guy with my blm, hes not merited at all. no novio 0/5 morrigans I was beating his nukes as long as his Mcrit didnt proc.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-13 01:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For the sake of argument... with this gear set http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=79684

User submitted image
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-13 02:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The challenge was to find a similarly geared BLM and outnuke him/her.

I found a BLM with perfect gear and still won with my crappy gear/merits.

That being said, sure. I'll cap INT, and come out here on Lightningsday just as a comparison some day.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-13 02:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm saying theres no way a blm with that gear did that little unless he got resisted lol. That guy probably has a good 10 or more MAB on me and some int... idk I'd have to do the numbers. Well alot more int since yes I was using obi/relic pants though I'd still have beat hit without it
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-13 02:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but other than the grip he's using, isn't that damn near PERFECT gear for BLM?

Also, to be fair, it was Earthsday so he might have gotten a proc from that, for -10% nuke damage, but even so. My Blizzard did more than his Thunder.

Also, you have the advantage of being a taru on the correct day. I have 0 INT merits and am Hume on Earthsday.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-13 02:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but other than the grip he's using, isn't that damn near PERFECT gear for BLM?

Also, to be fair, it was Earthsday so he might have gotten a proc from that, for -10% nuke damage, but even so. My Blizzard did more than his Thunder.

Also, you have the advantage of being a taru on the correct day. I have 0 INT merits and am Hume on Earthsday.

Thats the exact point I'm making. His gear is near perfect yet I've done more then that with OK gear before I was merited anything on offdays. Notice I didn't do just a little more dmg not even 10-20% less. I did damn near 40% more...
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-13 02:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure how, but there is something wrong in that screenshot.

Every full morrigans BLMs I have nuked against do 1500+ with T4 without any day/weather (normally a lot more).

It wouldn't be a resist, as that would have meant him doing 2800 unresisted, which isn't realistic.

They were subject to the reduced damamge due to multiple nukes of the same element landing, as they were the last to cast.

Assuming you were one of those SCH that don't feel like sharing your weather buffs and he is a hume/mithra or taru he should have been doing ~ 1600 (impossible to be exact without knowing race/merits), if he was an elf or galka then they would be just under 1600. If you did give him weather then he would have been over 1700.

Or the other option is he wasn't wearing that gear when the nuke was cast.

Not seeing the other 3 guys gear then I can't say much, but they don't seem very well geared/merited and looks like you beat them. Although you can not rely on Ebullience on every nuke (unless you are a selfish SCH or soloing).
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-13 02:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I forgot to mention this.

I was solo, and he was also solo so we were only going off our own abilities.

I'm not saying I am definitive proof that SCH will win over BLM in every way in every situation, but everyone here is saying SCH is worthless just because BLM is on average that tiny bit better. Even if I am casting my spells faster, with a shorter recast, for less MP, and having to heal less often.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-13 02:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no I understand you cast faster or cheaper. Harder... soemthing wrong. Ebbullience barely beats out a blms naturally higher MAB from traits and merits. Add onto that better gear selection the lack of a need to actually use much if any skill/macc gear. Either way that was kinda sad dmg for someone with his gear. I'd be somewhat dissapointed with it in my gear which is nowhere near that good. Hell I full time magnetic cause I don't have novio yet lol. And while alot of the time speed and down time might matter sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes I can /sch yays
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-13 02:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ebullience is a 20% damage increase. It's not +20 MAB, it's better.

Also I have base 20 MAB from RDM sub whereas BLM has 32, and also the 10% bonus from weather which he didn't get.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-13 02:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Ebullience is a 20% damage increase. It's not +20 MAB, it's better.

Also I have base 20 MAB from RDM sub whereas BLM has 32, and also the 10% bonus from weather which he didn't get.

I know what it is and I did the math. I said almost. You also forget about the 10 MAB from merits too. So a nekkid blm will nuke in 42 MAB while you will nuke in 1.20*1.2 which would be like 1.44 IE 44MAB. Obviously at higher MAB values it gets more skewed to the sch... Also you might have 10% from weather but in that place he got 10int... either way if I had that gear and that was a normal number for me I think I'd quit.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-13 03:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just fueling my love and need to level SCH faster lmao. I just hit 65 yesterday and i'm already making preparations to redo the ACP body.

For the complete sake of argument and everything i have read, SCH being able to go longer on MP without resting as well as faster casts versus BLM's slightly higher nukes completely makes it SCH=/=BLM in most situations.

Enternius's gear sets had me doing double takes and notes on SCH.

Also another argument is that SCH can obviously go light arts and then have access to Cure IV, Raise II, ect. So i can understand why a lot of BLM's are so quick to put up their guard.

As i've said in several EXP parties i've done lately.

"Why the *** didn't i level this job sooner".
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-10-13 03:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the reason most SCH think they can nuke, is because they have access to a straight up damage boost from Ebullience, alongside being able to use all 8 obi's on a whim.

I'd be able to outdamage me with a T3 if I had 30% damage bonus.. If SCH didn't spout pretty numbers while giving themselves the number of buffs they do, then BLM would be far more accepting IMO.

Now.. SCH is a second rate healer, second rate buffer, second rate nuker, and third rate debuffer.

Need a healer? WHM go.
Need a buffer? WHM go.
Need a nuker? BLM go.
Need a debuffer? RDM go.

The only thing SCH has going for it, is the fact it can be a second rate healer or nuker in a matter of seconds.
[+]
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-13 03:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:

Need a healer? WHM go.
Need a buffer? WHM go.
Need a nuker? BLM go.
Need a debuffer? RDM go.

The only thing SCH has going for it, is the fact it can be a second rate healer or nuker in a matter of seconds.

^ exactly :P
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-13 03:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
I think the reason most SAMs think they can DD, is because they have access to a weapons alongside being able to use weapon skills on a whim.

Hitetsu said:
Need a healer? SCH go.
Need a buffer? SCH go.
Need a nuker? SCH go.
Need a debuffer? RDM go.

You have very good points there.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-10-13 03:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Hitetsu said:
I think the reason most SAMs think they can DD, is because they have access to a weapons alongside being able to use weapon skills on a whim.

I don't remember saying that. Oh well, a quote can't possibly be wrong.

And, SAM can't really WS on a whim without 2hr, so that point is, well.. wrong. All a SCH needs to do is use a 15 second recast spell, and they have a 10% bonus for 3 minutes..
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-13 03:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is, yes. A SCH can use spells and JAs to enhance its damage. Big *** whoop, it's part of the job. And part of the reason why it beats all other mages.

It uses abilities to bend spells in their favor. That's the job description. Just like how RDM is a Jack of all trades, or COR has luck-based abilities. Now take that away from COR, and what do you end up with? A wasted job.

SCH's abilities are part of the job. Just because it's not base nuke damage, doesn't mean it's not damage.

And SCH far surpasses WHM and RDM at main healing and buffing, but that's just common knowledge. The only thing it's not the best at is enfeebling, even if it is the second best.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-13 03:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Only with that element!!! Either way blms will have 12MAB on all spells and another 10MAB nekkid!!!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-13 03:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
My point is, yes. A SCH can use spells and JAs to enhance its damage. Big *** whoop, it's part of the job. And part of the reason why it beats all other mages.

It uses abilities to bend spells in their favor. That's the job description. Just like how RDM is a Jack of all trades, or COR has luck-based abilities. Now take that away from COR, and what do you end up with? A wasted job.

SCH's abilities are part of the job. Just because it's not base nuke damage, doesn't mean it's not damage.

And SCH far surpasses WHM and RDM at main healing and buffing, but that's just common knowledge. The only thing it's not the best at is enfeebling, even if it is the second best.

To be fair just about anyone can beat rdm in healing... rdms just have longevity in there mp to heal people lol. And seriously SE needs to seriously examine rdm buffing. Why is it the job with the highest natural enhancing magic skill the worst of the 3 at buffing? Make more buffs dependent on skill dammit!
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-13 03:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually SCH and RDM have the same base Enhancing skill but SCH is higher with AF body.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-13 03:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Actually SCH and RDM have the same base Enhancing skill but SCH is higher with AF body.

Actually Sch has a D rating in enhancing magic which gets boosted to the same as rdm with light arts. Also I thought af body enhanced dark arts? And um well really rdm has more +enhancing it could get. The point is it doesn't even matter. Oh no I can cap stoneskin on myself with hardly any +mnd gear. I can still not phalanx people as good as a sch unless I full merit phalanx 2.... and barspells lol whm gets pants that up barspells so much it'd take 100 enhancing skill to do the same.