Forum » FFXI » General » Pulse weapon for ambuscade last upgrade
Pulse weapon for ambuscade last upgrade
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-23 16:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just attempted my first T3 solo, I chose Urmahlullu based on comments above, as Dnc/Sam.
1min 18 seconds in full Tank gear, Fan Dance, no food, with 5 trusts. But I did build AM3 before I popped, if that's cheating?
Amnesic Blast did 60 damage to me, was the highest damage I took the entire fight.

Sylvie, Joachim, AAEV, KoruMoru + Cherukiki

Edit:
The second attempt wasn't as smooth. Seems the first attempt my SC landed during a cast, and did significantly more damage than me following attempts. 2nd attempt took 3 min, another 90 sec for a 2nd Climactic Umbra.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-23 16:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Kishr is just undergeared or troll post, not sure. General consensus seems to be that they're harmless or easier than expected.
By kishr 2019-03-24 00:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Common man... Def not a troll nor is this a troll post.
Have said I can solo it, just asking quicker ways and other people's experiences.
Don't derail this...
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-24 01:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shockmaw on nirvana smn, amuchuchu,ev,kupipi,yoran,lion II. 2-3min idiot proof fight. 1/30ish on first farm, 1/26 on second farm.
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-24 02:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lucky, went 0/70 so far, tried 200 vw on Morta 0 also.
Made 8mil just from Morta farming not complaining. But ditched like 9 gibbous axes...
1/30 though is like 3hr?
 Cua
By Cua 2019-03-24 02:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching this thread closely.

I'm pretty sure this is what most of us are spending time on in the following weeks.

My linkshell went crazy trying NNI with no luck.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-24 02:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Lucky, went 0/70 so far, tried 200 vw on Morta 0 also.
Made 8mil just from Morta farming not complaining. But ditched like 9 gibbous axes...
1/30 though is like 3hr?

even when the event was up, I only ever saw 2 axes from morta outta 4500 fights. zitah t3 by far the fastest method.

1/30 is just over 1hr 30min. give or take 20min for restocking on KI and depending where you fight, portal 6 for example is right next to a ???
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-24 02:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can only hope next month roe elevates this issue.
Don't care if if it's the new pand warden, but a solution is better than this.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-24 02:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, at least only like 4 weapons are worth a damn? lol
sword,polearm,dagger,axe. with grip/katana being niche
By SimonSes 2019-03-24 05:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

Not really.

Club is best nuking piece for BLU and also being competitive with Sword for melee (at least with capped attack). It's also by far the best blunt damage for BLU.

H2H are somewhere between R0 and R15 REMA. It's also the best h2h option (and for some jobs only ilvl h2h) for jobs other than MNK and PUP.

Bow is the best macc piece for RDM and other jobs that can use it. Some RDMs also use it for it's WS, because it's only Fusion option for them.

Staff is the best for applying Shell Crusher on MNK and maybe also for 3000TP Catclysm (not sure if tha t+100 magic damage works for WS and if 100 Magic Damage beats 12INT and 4MAB on Reikiono)

Great Axe is better than R0 Chango and can potentially be amazing on DRK. It's also the best for applying Armor Break.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-24 05:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Not really.

Club is best nuking piece for BLU and also being competitive with Sword for melee (at least with capped attack). It's also by far the best blunt damage for BLU.

H2H are somewhere between R0 and R15 REMA. It's also the best h2h option (and for some jobs only ilvl h2h) for jobs other than MNK and PUP.

Bow is the best macc piece for RDM and other jobs that can use it. Some RDMs also use it for it's WS, because it's only Fusion option for them.

Staff is the best for applying Shell Crusher on MNK and maybe also for 3000TP Catclysm (not sure if tha t+100 magic damage works for WS and if 100 Magic Damage beats 12INT and 4MAB on Reikiono)

Great Axe is better than R0 Chango and can potentially be amazing on DRK. It's also the best for applying Armor Break.

Club too then, but staff h2h and GA are meh and super situational to the point of why even bother, Axe beats GA, Bow: wasting a pulse for 5str/dex/agi/acc/macc isnt worth it imo.
By SimonSes 2019-03-24 06:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Club too then, but staff h2h and GA are meh and super situational to the point of why even bother, Axe beats GA, Bow: wasting a pulse for 5str/dex/agi/acc/macc isnt worth it imo.

H2H isnt situational. It's best h2h before you take some rema to R15, so for many people it will always stay best.

GA and Staff are situational but career MNK,DRK,RUN will get them anyway.

Now bow I disagree completely. 40macc in ranged/ammo slot is just op to the next best thing. That's a huge macc boost. With Str+15,Dex+15 its also probably bis TP/WS ranged/ammo for some jobs, but I haven't looked into that yet. Disclaimer: I don't judge if it's worth farming pulse weapon to upgrade Kaja bow to Ullr. But if you have one and you made other options you need. It's definitely worth to get it.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-03-24 06:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Not really.

I have the H2H as it was the only weapon I could make use of for the jobs I play (until i get some variation of viable REMA) and let me tell you, it is not "meh." Karambit is a very useable weapon and has really great dps output.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-03-24 10:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ullr Bow for better chance of landing unresisted impacts on Rdm? Sign me up
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-24 15:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to throw this on there one more time, it would be *** incredible to have and relatively simple to do.

A lua that just puts merits on the goblin. Warp to him, and being near him just does the menu interaction. No different really than "temps" or "quicktrade" luas. Bonus points if you can do it without being near the goblin.

So many people create lua it likely already exists just hard to keep track of all of you.
By Dsuza 2019-03-24 15:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just /tossing this out there

Isn't it faster to just farm the Gil and buy the Pulse cells?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-24 15:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dsuza said: »

Not, if you let a bot farm merits 24/7 and send a packet to the goblin every 75 merits... I could get 10 pulse weapons via merits VS 2 maybe 3 bought in the same time frame (without mercing)
By SimonSes 2019-03-24 15:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dsuza said: »

The answer will varies for each person, but generally no. If you solo this should take around 3min per kill of T3. Even if you go 1/100, that's around 6-7 hours. I doubt someone solo (beside crafters with full shields) can farm 50M in 6-7hours. If you multiboxing, you can farm more gils per hour, but also pop and kill t3 much faster, probably at least 2 times faster. Can you make 50M in 3-4h multiboxing? Probably yes, but people who make that much, probably already bought pulse cells or had weapons stored.
By Dsuza 2019-03-24 16:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah okay, from what I was reading and from all these horrible drop rates and how long/how many pops, nni runs, etc people have done and haven't gotten one yet.

It the end it's just luck (Like everything else in this game)

But at least you know you'll eventually be getting it by farming Gil to buy the Cells, compared to possibly doing 1000's of pops or whatever and not getting anything to show for it.

Or you could do 1 pop and get it on the first try
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-24 16:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry, there's a ton of people panicking right now trying to sell their pulse cells, in fear of this mystery ROE tanking the price. You can get one now on the decline, or just wait a little and see what happens. 30mil for some of these weapons is actually a steal, considering what's possible with some of the builds out there right now. If you're stingy like me, you can wait it out of spam nni instead.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-24 16:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really the thread, but in all fairness what else would they be adding for a monthly ROE.

Not really a point to a monthly omen scale, and they sure as ***aren't going to give away bodies.

Vagary already has a weekly. SR monthly would be... stupid but it's possible, that one should be a daily/weekly if/when. They could add monthly free 1.1m crafting items, but that defeats the purpose of them costing 1.1m.

"Free" pulse cell per month seems totally reasonable. (which is likely exactly why they won't do it)

What else is out there that they would be struggling to get people to do, that would make a reward from each month, worth doing? Delve and... things that give pulses.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-24 16:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

They could technically add a new system to give away bodies over a long period of time, such as needing 20 of an ex item only from the monthly to trade in for a body of your choice.

Still betting on it being pulse weapon related, though.
By Dsuza 2019-03-24 17:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I noticed the price of cells has already started to go down, plus there are a lot on the AH right now (Or at least when I posted) Looks like would be closer to 30 not 50 mil
 Odin.Blizzy
Server: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2019-03-24 17:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The fastest way we have found is to just spam the t-3 Giant ape mob.

What we used was RUN RUN BRD WHM COR GEO. We all brought pops to cycle. Brd NITRO Honor march and 3 minuets.

Cor standard STP ATTACK rolls

Geo Frailty Fury entrust haste

pop and zerg. was able to do a full round of pops before nitro songs and rolls go off.

drop rate was 1/50 on our first but probley the fastest and most effective way to farm.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-24 17:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

They could also raise the cap on merits stored, to like 500/character. That'd cut down on the travel time a little. Don't see why that's not possible, when it is for things like JP and Master Trials eats them right up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-24 17:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I would take literally any change in regards to the pulse weapons to avoid it being 100% luck or 100% ridiculous lol.

No limited to; improving drop rate, adding roe, increasing merit cap, removing goblin and let merits auto stack, let goblin take JP, lower the cost from 25k which is astronomical, add a new source, make them craftable, add an event where you have to solo the VW mob with no temps or atma for 100% drop, let dood in jugner sell cells for ~3m. buyable for crour/petrifacts/research marks/legion points/silt/beads
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-03-24 18:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little over 1/200 on zitah T3. Got router within 5 kills but haven't seen anything since. Had either TH4 or TH8 for every kill.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-24 18:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

An new ROE questline originating from the VW Officers, where you are level capped to 75, and have to kill the VWNM with a full alliance for a free weapon. Completing the ROE unlocks a new ROE for a new boss. Requires you be on that stage of the VWNM to receive objective. Repeat for all weapons.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-24 18:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Weren't the VWs released at 85 cap and continued to 99? I'm not sure an alliance of 75s could beat many of the relevant ones, even with the buffs we've gotten.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-24 18:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

having GEO available none of them would take even minimal effort. 6 bubbles turn anything into a helpless mob. (no frailty fade malaise wilt)

(bismark would still be hard as *** I think)