We Are Adding Some New Major Content In 3 Years...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » We are adding some new major content in 3 years...
We are adding some new major content in 3 years...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-22 13:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Torzak said: »
It's not about a *need* for more Apex camps. It's about having more options and giving themselves a way to do something with Conquest Points and Imperial Standing. It's about giving me reasons to go some place instead of standing in front of the AH.

There are two people at most working on FFXI. More Apex CP camps will not keep you any more interested/less bored than you are right now. It would be a meaningless addition and people opt to bot their CP rather than participate in it, because it's a roadblock. It would just be more zones people chose to bot. nothx

I'm not sure what you mean by uncap it, but I don't think they need to do anything particularly huge to reduce the amount of time it takes to get to Master

They don't. But I'm at like 14(?) jobs master, and it's the same cycle. I would love to purchase a KI or have an option to uncap my CP/kill to reduce the amount of time spent doing that for the 15th time. 300k CP on a kill, fine. Or reduce the amount of CP required per JP after you've mastered x amount of jobs. I really shouldnt need to kill 1050 monsters over and over again just to be done with it. It's not like clearing an aeonic, or making a different REMA weapon. That can be engaging. After the 10th master, talk to an NPC > "Yes, I would like to be a master job" >>DING >> YOU'RE DONE

It's an old game with a small crew and *I* want more ***to do. I don't want to see a bunch of significant short cuts added to a game that sees very little in the way of new content to do once you're done with what's there already.

So again, with the skeleton crew they have now, you want them to invest their time into adding Apex camps to repeat what we can already do, rather than something meaningful (like empyrean +3)? You will get bored of wailing on rabbits and lizards soon enough anyways.
By Torzak 2019-11-22 14:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There are two people at most working on FFXI.

I thought there was like 6?

You would rather them More Apex CP camps will not keep you any more interested/less bored than you are right now.
You didn't read my post then. Because I'm pretty sure being able to trade in 500 CP per week to get a 5k CP Ring or to get a 2.5k CP +2 Unity upgrade, etc would be a carrot on a stick that would make me very interested in doing it, especially when it's not just the CP NPC I mentioned that you're grinding for, but also the Conquest Point/Imperial Standing NPC that has augmentable rewards.

If you're just gonna dismiss the idea on the basis of just CP without all the other things I tied to it, then it's kind of hard to have a proper debate about it.

Edit: It'd take like an hour to get your weekly ~500CP in a well made group full of masters and AG or R15 weaponry, anyway. And if you don't put top tier players together, think of how much that'd help newbs get their first mastered job or how much life it'd bring to CP parties, in general - something that many people on Asura can struggle to find jobs like BRD, GEO, or COR because anyone who wanted to play those jobs are done with them and only use them for their LS dyna or omen runs. Now you could bring all these players out on the job they like to play, in a way that can help everyone else get what they want out of CP, too. And even if bard isn't my favorite job, I could see me doing a weekly 500 CP on it if it meant not standing around. A lot of other people would do the same thing.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-11-22 14:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
I was agreeing with you, and then things started to get crazy.

Nearly everything in her wall of text is a bad idea. But especially 2-5. There is no need for more "Apex" camps, and the extra JP is kind of silly since you can cap cp/kill during campaign with Corsair's roll. I don't know why people act like CPing is enjoyable content. It gets redundant after about 5 minutes, and players only do it because it's necessary.

What needs to happen is to uncap Capacity Points to reduce the amount of time spent doing that mindless activity; And increase JP beyond Master, but use something unique like a "Master Trials" clear system for players who want to break that boundary. iirc, JP cap was supposed to be initially higher than it is now. Would be kind of cool if clearing MT fights on specific jobs allowed you to break caps on certain JP categories. Could limit it to only a couple categories, but it would allow you to customize your character in different ways depending on what you want to improve. You'd also have something to do with all of those excess JP on your mastered jobs.

But... I love CPing. It's my favorite activity in the game....

For me, setting up more camps would allow for us to venture out from the same 5 'gate' zones that we have been cping in for years. (Yes yes, the inner zones exist, I just like playing with returning players so they aren't viable.)

But I do agree that we need more things to spend job points on. I have almost 4/4 Dyna wave 3 zones done, so it is getting kinda tight haha.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-11-22 14:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
SimonSes said: »
This is exactly why I love Ergon, anyone that has one has PROVED to work for what they have.

Ergon system sucks ***. Every returning/new players needs to wait 7 months to be able to play with Epeo or Idris and whole grind is NOTHING about the job itself, its only a mindless repeat every day. Good requirement for Ergon weapon should be something like (RUN example):
- Fight apex type enemy and resist it's debuff 500 times using Pflug
- Fight apex type enemy and shield your party members from enemy magic attack 500 times using Valiance
- Fight apex type enemy and make 500 magic bursts to enemy affected by Rayke or Gambit
- Fight apex type enemy solo (trusts cant be used) and take no damage for 90 sec 250 times
- Fight apex type enemy and perform 500 magic bursts with Swipe or Lunge
etc.

That would have sense and you could take your time doing it or rush it if you want it. Going to Ergon Locus and performing /heal at right distance teaches you nothing about the job and its annoying at best, same as 80% of coalition assignments.

Ugh, every single ultimate weapon in the game is just a series of mindless farming and Turing in item. Not a single one teaches you about any job. The only difference with ergon is a longer time lockout than others. Have to wait 7 month? Farm hp bayld onto a mule the whole time while unlocking it.

How is farming a HP bayld suppose to make me fill better about waiting 7 months for a weapon? It would take me a month top anyway, just doing gaine xp sparks casually (8M per gain exp 12 times should be enough)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-22 14:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They could have done something better for RUN/GEO (really all JS weapons). They were onto something when they introduced those ilvl fights that dropped materials for the Relic you wanted to reforge. The 135 fights were kind of challenging at first with the gear available, and it took a little strategy behind it to clear. Could only do once a week, so it was limited in how many mats you could get. I enjoyed those brief fights. I wish there were more of those 1 on 1 battles with sub restrictions across the board that revolved around the job's storyline and weapons.gear.. Bring back Maat Fight solos
By Jetackuu 2019-11-22 14:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seek professional help.
[+]
By Torzak 2019-11-22 14:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Seek professional help.

I don't know if it's my favorite activity, but I do thoroughly enjoy spam fighting mobs in the style of Level 75 days merit party or a 119 style CP party of today.

You get to see what other people are doing with different jobs in terms of performance, some players find someone to look up to or someone to use as a role model for what they are doing, you meet people who would otherwise not really be in your circle of activities.

As long as there's a goal or a carrot to join those style of parties, I'd totally be there.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-22 15:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya'll are sick.
[+]
 Bahamut.Qiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Anaurine
By Bahamut.Qiyana 2019-11-22 15:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya'll are sick.
Jet loves to relax during his cp ;)
By Nariont 2019-11-22 15:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Its "fun" in the same sense as merit burns were, you might enjoy it for 1 or 2 hrs but after that its a huge slog, having more options would be welcome though if only for a change of scenery
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-22 15:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Qiyana said: »
Ya'll are sick.
Jet loves to relax during his cp ;)
Jet just doesn't like to CP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Qiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Anaurine
By Bahamut.Qiyana 2019-11-22 17:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Wonder how many suicides there'd be if they just switched off the servers for good without a long warning.
Sucks that there is a lot of people with egos that use this game to give them gratification and belittle people. They also think that this makes them amazing irl too behind the screen and sometimes bully others sadly. This amazing game is already dying and there should be less of that! But I wouldn't be suprised if we heard people do this when the servers go down =(
By fonewear 2019-11-22 18:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-11-22 19:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Apex Colibri, steals entire party's food.
The end.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-22 19:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
The end.
edit: true, easy fix though.
I cast Thundaja.
Apex Colibri casts Thundaja.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-11-22 20:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
The end.
I cast Thundaja.
Every Apex Colibri in 30' range cast Thundaja.

FIFY
[+]