Forum » FFXI » General » Imperial Silver Peice
Imperial Silver Peice
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-10-12 08:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always wondered how the mules by the warp taru get such large quantities of silver coins? I must be missing something here. If one Gold coin costs 1k IS which converts into 5 Mythril coins, then into 2 (10 all together) silver pieces, they would run out of IS pretty quick and still wouldn't have as much as they would. And if they bought a stack of 99 Silver peices on the AH, they would come out to exactly 1212.12gil each, which they sell for (on unicorn at least) for 1.2k.

So my question is this: how is this at all profitable for them? They must make a killing doing so, obviously they have some sort of secret (that I'm obviously missing).

Just curious.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-12 08:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They live in meripos lol.

Or just party ALOT.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-12 08:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

or its a side gig.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-12 08:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I sometimes see the Silver coin mules shout and buy Gold coins in bulk. They usually buy for 7k or 8k a coin. Once converted to Silver coins, they can profit anywhere from 3k to 5k per Gold coin purchased (depending on changes in the price point of Silver coins from day to day).

As has been mentioned, another way to stock the mules is to merit. A lot. It's not hard to build up a nice stockpile of IS if you have a solidly-geared meriting job. I don't merit all that often (I burned out on it), and I still have around 46,000 IS.
 Fairy.Akiba
Server: Fairy
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-10-12 09:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a stockpile of 85k in IS. A good Meripo will give me 5k IS. Usually i try to stay around 80k so anytime i get over i get a bunch of Silver Pieces and bazaar them. its decent gil that pays for the food of leveling
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-10-12 09:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to know how they sleep at night with their prices. This one mule is selling for 1299 plus tax. ***sucks, but I'm too lazy to get my own from the IS guy.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-12 09:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are captain, have all your perdu/other isp items and rarely use the warp taru in WG then you basically never spend ISP.

So the only use you have for ISP is ISNM and selling coins.

1-2 besiegeds a week is ~ 5k ISP
A couple of hours meriting is ~ 4k ISP
Random assaults/ZNM/zeni farming ~1k ISP

Without really trying it is possible to earn 10k ISP a week, which is 100 Silver coins. God knows how many a mule would sell in a week, but that's in the region of 100k a week.

Silver coins sell for around 1k on my server. So selling 1k ISP as silver coins = 10k gil

k.ore is around 20% drop rate and cost 3k to enter. So on average it take 15k to get 1 drop, that drop is worth 500k. So ISNM 1k ISP = 33-34K.

Obviously ISNM is a better return on investment (even if the drop rate is 10%) if you farm ISNM, but this relies an amount on luck and doing enough runs for the statistics to 'average out'.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-12 09:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Or they buy gold pieces for 7-9k each getting silver for max of 900g each. Any profit is good. And most sell for 1.5k+ per silver.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-12 09:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Atrithk said:
I want to know how they sleep at night with their prices. This one mule is selling for 1299 plus tax. ***sucks, but I'm too lazy to get my own from the IS guy.

People that *** about the price amuse me. If you can't afford 1.3k then spend 100ISP and get your silver coin right around the corner. It's a lazy tax.
[+]
 Sylph.Taruzard
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-10-12 09:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-10-12 10:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i just sold a whole stack for 1200g each. and that was the cheapest price on Fairy. Am i ashamed? not in the least. if people wanna pay it then that is their fault. i sold out over 2 nights of bazaaring.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-10-12 10:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Atrithk said:

People that *** about the price amuse me. If you can't afford 1.3k then spend 100ISP and get your silver coin right around the corner. It's a lazy tax.

Well, there's people that sell for 1100, always RIGHT THERE, too.
Just, this one rezzes first.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-12 10:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So you rage over 199 gil? Just sayin...
[+]
 Bahamut.Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-10-12 11:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
So you rage over 199 gil? Just sayin...

I rage over a lot of things.
Like those motherfucking guild merchants, leaving the lights on, standing at the counter, saying they're closed.
Not this, though. I'm just saying.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-10-12 11:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it would be profatable expecially if you buy low sell high or if you level crap tons and have IS coming out your ears. I don't xp nearly as much as I use too..but i'd imagine after all my xp i'd have 900k+ in IS maybe more. If you are using coins from IS it would be pure profit..might take some time to sell but if you have a mule then who cares.
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-10-12 16:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the answers guys *thats a lot of them* mostly answered my questions lol @.@ <3