New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WhiteMage GearSets
WhiteMage GearSets
By Galkapryme 2020-04-24 17:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

gistofanything said: »
4% conserve MP > 15 meva/5 mdt? Mmmmm, even with raetic... To each their own, I suppose.

MEVA is seldom a concern for this particular WHM. I am rarely in range, and even when I take massive magic damage (like against one of the Omen CAT spells), I can usually get a Curaga IV off before I suffer any more damage. Anything that's ever 1-shotted my WHM, an additional 15 MEV isn't gonna change that. For that reason, and others, I felt the club/shield combo was more efficient overall.
By Galkapryme 2020-04-24 17:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I DID use to do Staff/Grip combo. Staff just provided less overall efficiency in the long run...if for no other reason than blinking when I switch to club/shield for enhancing spells.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [284 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Xzerper
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Xzerper 2021-02-02 06:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When making gearsets, is this keeping in mind the cure potency we get from job points, or does that stack on top of what we have already?(Assuming it does).

Does the Cure enhancements w/storm effect(Cape, Waist, and Chay Staff) all stack on top of cure potency or they contribute to the total of it?

I've never been able to really clarify that, so just been making sure to keep cure+50% in my set minimum regardless of traits/weather.
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-02 06:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The job point gifts are Base Cure Power and arent counted to the 50%. The extra % from weather equip all stack on top of Cure potency.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-02 18:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got around to getting my +2 torque and tweaking my my sets for Raetic Rod +1 x2, for those that want to try playing with 2 of them it's really the only way to max out all the stats that can enhance cures currently in this game.

Single target cures:
ItemSet 377863

+71% Cure potency(21% over cap)
+30% Cure potency II
+100 Cure+
531 Healing Magic
-61 Enmity(with merits)(11 over cap)
-80% Casting time(8% from gifts)(27% from Fast Cast)
+44 Conserve MP
Alaunus' Cape: +10% FC

Curagas:
ItemSet 377864

+81% Cure potency(31% over cap)
+30% Cure potency II
+100 Cure+
507 Healing Magic
-51 Enmity(with merits)(1 over cap)
-80% Casting time(8% from gifts)(41% from Fast Cast)
+61 Conserve MP
Vanya Hood Path C

EDIT: I love /nin on backline WHM more than you can ever imagine. I can't wait until I can finish my Gambanteinn so I can offhand it with Yagrush.
 Bismarck.Xzerper
By Bismarck.Xzerper 2021-02-07 01:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for this clarification. ^.^
 Bismarck.Xzerper
By Bismarck.Xzerper 2021-02-23 04:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
EDIT: I love /nin on backline WHM more than you can ever imagine. I can't wait until I can finish my Gambanteinn so I can offhand it with Yagrush.

Wait, does this actually work, both go hand in hand with Gambanteinn +100 Cursna w/Yagrush's effect?

...Also...does Gambanteinn need to be R15 to get that 100 Cursna effect?
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2021-02-23 04:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzerper said: »

Wait, does this actually work, both go hand in hand with Gambanteinn +100 Cursna w/Yagrush's effect?

Since it looks like nothing more than a +100 effect, I don't see why not? The +Stats of other Empy weapons apply after all.

And no, you would only need it to reach 119-III to get it's Cursna boost. I could be wrong though, but I think this has been done before for Doom-Spammy fights? Any career WHMs have any input?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-23 05:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Since it looks like nothing more than a +100 effect, I don't see why not? The +Stats of other Empy weapons apply after all.

And no, you would only need it to reach 119-III to get it's Cursna boost. I could be wrong though, but I think this has been done before for Doom-Spammy fights? Any career WHMs have any input?
Only need Afterglow Club, R1-15 only add useless stats. About the DW, yes offhand works.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-23 07:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

how is this for reca
Finally got around to getting my +2 torque and tweaking my my sets for Raetic Rod +1 x2, for those that want to try playing with 2 of them it's really the only way to max out all the stats that can enhance cures currently in this game.

Single target cures:
ItemSet 377863

+71% Cure potency(21% over cap)
+30% Cure potency II
+100 Cure+
531 Healing Magic
-61 Enmity(with merits)(11 over cap)
-80% Casting time(8% from gifts)(27% from Fast Cast)
+44 Conserve MP

Curagas:
ItemSet 377864

+81% Cure potency(31% over cap)
+30% Cure potency II
+100 Cure+
507 Healing Magic
-51 Enmity(with merits)(1 over cap)
-80% Casting time(8% from gifts)(41% from Fast Cast)
+61 Conserve MP
Vanya Hood Path C

how is this for recast and mp consumption?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-02-23 10:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he's using Raetic Rod +1s so MP consumption is not a concern for him or he wouldn't be doing that. I think any time you see Raetic it's a given that the person isn't concerned in the least about MP, because it's something like 20% less HP cured per MP spent than Chatoyant and that's with just one of them. What they care about is HP cured per cast and nothing else.

As for recast, it should be no different from normal.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-23 10:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost never use anything past Cure IV any more on single target, and than Cure 3/4 only when people take a good sized hit. Most of the time I use Cure 1/2.

Same with Curaga, I don’t really use anything past Curaga III, and than that’s only when the only party takes a hit big enough to send most of them into red, which is rare. Most of the time I use Curaga 1/2.

MP consumption doesn’t even feel any different than before really, I just don’t need the bigger cures as much.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-23 10:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Well he's using Raetic Rod +1s so MP consumption is not a concern for him or he wouldn't be doing that. I think any time you see Raetic it's a given that the person isn't concerned in the least about MP, because it's something like 20% less HP cured per MP spent than Chatoyant and that's with just one of them. What they care about is HP cured per cast and nothing else.

As for recast, it should be no different from normal.

Which set do you go with? Chatoyant or Raetic?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-02-23 13:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, Chatoyant for life.

I look at it like this: What's more likely to happen, I will find that my cures aren't big enough for the task, or I will find that I run out of MP?

People say MP isn't an issue anymore, and they're not wrong, it generally shouldn't be. But it *can* be, if things go poorly and you have to start tossing out Arises and re-buffing people with Pro/Shell constantly. Shouldn't happen much, but it does happen.

However, I have never once found myself in a situation where I thought "my cures aren't big enough, I can't heal fast enough for this."

So for me, the choice is obvious. I'm going to hedge against the scenario that might happen rather than the one that never will, and that means guarding my MP.

That said, I see the appeal of Raetic. Both have their merits, I'm just a stubborn oldschool WHM who came up in an era when you had to rest mid-battle to recover MP in order to avoid running out.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-02-23 14:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I look at it like this: What's more likely to happen, I will find that my cures aren't big enough for the task, or I will find that I run out of MP?

People say MP isn't an issue anymore, and they're not wrong, it generally shouldn't be. But it *can* be, if things go poorly and you have to start tossing out Arises and re-buffing people with Pro/Shell constantly. Shouldn't happen much, but it does happen.

However, I have never once found myself in a situation where I thought "my cures aren't big enough, I can't heal fast enough for this."

So for me, the choice is obvious. I'm going to hedge against the scenario that might happen rather than the one that never will, and that means guarding my MP.

That said, I see the appeal of Raetic. Both have their merits, I'm just a stubborn oldschool WHM who came up in an era when you had to rest mid-battle to recover MP in order to avoid running out.

I agree with this. I’ve also never come across a situation where I feel like I need more cure power.

I get that raetic is probably slightly stronger, but it’s not worth the price tag to me
By DaneBlood 2021-02-24 23:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The "problem" here is that you are only really seeing one perspective of the situation. the added MP coust without taking in really the full effect from better cures.

if the improvent in cure make that you instead of tossing a Cure4 only need to cure 3. that is MP saved.
You also have to factor in that bigger cures means bigger returns from emp pants.
So size does give mp benefits in itself

If you wanted to look into the size only for "not beeinf big enough" you are also missing another trade of.
In the situation where a cure is not big enough, like in the same oshit situations you mention.
Having to cast 2 cures is expensive in time. suddenly you are behind on cures but sitting nicely with unussed mana.

my point is both every sitution you mentioned there is an equal reverse situation if where the opposite choice comes out ahead.

However I still honestly believe chaytoyant is a valid and strong choice.
What i dont see is why ppl are so in love with queller rod...

But here is the thing... You can have both. and switch between them depending on mana situation.
By DaneBlood 2021-02-24 23:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

oh and to move one. unless im missed something ( its likely) going for chantoyan also means you have to compensate in cure potency and use both rings which means you miss 15ConMP in the cure set.
that increasing you MP usage by apox 4% in itself

so to sum it up
- you lose the ability to use lower Cures with lesser mp cost
- you get less MP back from the bigger cures (kinda and eithe/or with above)
- you can risk ending up having to double cures (not really but theoretically)
- and you loose out on 4.2% mp savings from ConMP

i stil lbeleive chatoyans is a strong viable optiosn but it not as a big MP saving as many ppl make it
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2021-02-25 01:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By bombsdiggity 2021-02-26 21:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Yag/Gamb works. Gamb/Yag does not. it's pretty damn great too. R15 not required, only AG119-3
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-02-26 22:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest draws to why I picked up a Raetic were that I could use it on other jobs and that I didn't blink anymore since all my weapons were clubs. Now that staves are back in the equation with the Tumult Staff and Marin Staff that last part is kind of out of the window, but Raetic is still great.

I haven't had a single problem with mana that wasn't related to spamming Raise or Protect, same as before when I was using Chatoyant Staff. After a month or two of using Raetic, I ended up just muling over my Chatoyant Staff and never looked back. I rarely need to go past Cure 4 for most of the content in the game unless I am waiting on cooldowns and most of the time I just ride Cure 2 & 3.

As for the Queller Rod, the only use it really has is when light weather is down so I kept it around when I had Chatoyant on me for those exceptionally rare cases where I didn't want to go SCH, but it's really just... irrelevant.
[+]
By Felgarr 2021-02-27 01:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

bombsdiggity said: »

Yes, Yag/Gamb works. Gamb/Yag does not. it's pretty damn great too. R15 not required, only AG119-3

To further expand on this, you can mainland Gamb. AND still get an AOE Cursna by using Ascession or Divine Seal. (Good to know if you want high Cursna+ and an AOE effect but can't afford to dual wield Yag/Gamb.

(Similarly, you can get Divine Veil+23% in gear which gives you a 23% chance your Cursna will be AOE without using Divine Seal).
By DaneBlood 2021-03-01 20:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an easy way in gear swap to test if Strateagems count are available
if stratagesm is availabe then cancel cursna, cast ascension and cast cursna again?