First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 97 98 99
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-05-04 20:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pukatrice Egg: 85atk/rng.atk +8 subtle blow

If you have cooking skill and spend an hour to farm up the eggs in abby then you can make enough of this food to last you for months. 1 egg makes 6x30min and drop rate is like 20-40%.

Makes capping subtle blow very easy.
 Asura.Jackflashh
Server: Asura
user: Kido
By Asura.Jackflashh 2021-05-06 10:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for opinions from other Kclub users on my Dyna W3 TP set for spamming TF. I originally had some accuracy issues when using full Malignance/STP build from front page, so I did some tinkering and think I've come up with the best compromise to stacking Acc/STP.

ItemSet 379673
Cape: DW+10
(Malignance Tights for the 9% Haste, set is just under cap at 25%)

The only thing I'm considering is dropping Telos for Odr, as that 1% DA just kind of annoys me, but the 5STP is nice, so I'm torn. Usually I've had to have Geo using indi precision in order to keep acc% up with kclub, but I'm hoping with this set we may be able to go back to acumen.
By SimonSes 2021-05-06 11:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jackflashh said: »
Looking for opinions from other Kclub users on my Dyna W3 TP set for spamming TF. I originally had some accuracy issues when using full Malignance/STP build from front page, so I did some tinkering and think I've come up with the best compromise to stacking Acc/STP.

ItemSet 379673

The only thing I'm considering is dropping Telos for Odr, as that 1% DA just kind of annoys me, but the 5STP is nice, so I'm torn. Usually I've had to have Geo using indi precision in order to keep acc% up with kclub, but I'm hoping with this set we may be able to go back to acumen.

This is basically the same set I posted when we were first talking about KC months ago, but with Tatenashi instead of Malignance. Those Tatenashi swaps only gives 13acc and adds 13%TA and lose 7sTP. It might be an overal gain, but you also lose all the survivability and meva from full malignance, so you better not get into any AoE in that wave 3 lol
[+]
 Asura.Jackflashh
By Asura.Jackflashh 2021-05-06 12:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

ItemSet 379673

This is basically the same set I posted when we were first talking about KC months ago, but with Tatenashi instead of Malignance. Those Tatenashi swaps only gives 13acc and adds 13%TA and lose 7sTP. It might be an overal gain, but you also lose all the survivability and meva from full malignance, so you better not get into any AoE in that wave 3 lol

True, survivability goes down a bit, but the set still has 18% DT, which isn't nothing I guess, and honestly I can't remember the last time I died on RNG during W3, aside from maybe Sandy W3 boss. I think it's a reasonable trade off if it means not having to use indi precision.
By SimonSes 2021-05-06 12:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

True, survivability goes down a bit, but the set still has 18% DT, which isn't nothing I guess, and honestly I can't remember the last time I died on RNG during W3, aside from maybe Sandy W3 boss. I think it's a reasonable trade off if it means not having to use indi precision

You got +36 total acc over set on the front page and 13 of that by switching Malignance to Tatenashi. Precision gives 85-100. Not sure if your swaps are enough to drop it. Depends how much you needed it.
 Asura.Jackflashh
By Asura.Jackflashh 2021-05-06 12:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
True, survivability goes down a bit, but the set still has 18% DT, which isn't nothing I guess, and honestly I can't remember the last time I died on RNG during W3, aside from maybe Sandy W3 boss. I think it's a reasonable trade off if it means not having to use indi precision

You got +36 total acc over set on the front page and 13 of that by switching Malignance to Tatenashi. Precision gives 85-100. Not sure if your swaps are enough to drop it. Depends how much you needed it.

This set gains 66 Acc over the set on the front page with the neck and earring difference, 36 of which comes from switching Malignance to Tatenashi (all Tatenashi+1 are R15).

I can also get another 20 from using Sublime+1 instead of Rolanberry+1, which would be a total gain of 86 Acc, and make up the Macc loss by using Herc hands instead of Carmine+1 for TF.

Obviously other ppls sets might be different, especially when trying to factor which food to use and your specific Herc augs, but I'm confident this will work out.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-05-06 12:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I would stick 5/5malignance... NMs will need distract and you will hit just fine.
 Asura.Jackflashh
By Asura.Jackflashh 2021-05-06 13:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
I would stick 5/5malignance... NMs will need distract and you will hit just fine.

The attempt to get away from using geo to cover accuracy is the goal here. Obviously we're already using distract on NM's, not sure why you would think otherwise... If you are trying to tell me that you're using the cookie cutter Malignance set and don't have Acc issues during W3 without precision, then you're just not telling the truth. 70% of a normal melee DD's DPS comes from WS in the current state of ffxi, probably closer to 95% with kclub RNG, so being able to use Acumen, and boost WSD, should have massively higher gains than wasting buffs on Acc for the sake of not wanting to adjust your sets.
 Asura.Jackflashh
By Asura.Jackflashh 2021-05-06 13:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Specifically, the trade for using a set with more acc is 66 acc and 45 Matk (being able to use Acumen instead of Precision), for 9 stp and 18DT. I'll take that all day.
 Bahamut.Leonof
Server: Bahamut
user: DethCody
By Bahamut.Leonof 2021-05-06 14:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Its 66 acc difference if you blindly ignore the huge drop in dex but w/e ignore what the ppl are telling you
 Asura.Jackflashh
By Asura.Jackflashh 2021-05-06 14:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonof said: »
Its 66 acc difference if you blindly ignore the huge drop in dex but w/e ignore what the ppl are telling you

The dif in dex is 32 across 3 pieces. ~huge?? That's the equivalent of maybe 16-24acc? Still a net gain of 42-50acc...?

So when you lose 20acc in Dex that's hUgE? But when you net gain 50, that's not worth your time lmao. I guess this forum can't be bothered to consider anything outside the box.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-06 15:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

non kclub RNG here, but why would any of y'all move away from a set loaded with -DT, high accuracy, and zero multi-attack? As I said, I'm not a kclub RNG, but information I see on the weapon says that attack distribution from 1-8 attacks is 5:15:25:25:15:10:3:2. My take on that is that 45% of attacks will be 1,2 or 3, and 55% of attacks will be 4-8, assuming 0% multiattack (as it will proc before weapon traits like a mythic weapon). If you had 13% TA, that leaves 87% for kclub variance. That would be around 52% of attack rounds will be 3 or less attacks and 48% 4-8 (adding together the 45% of 87% with 13% TA).

Please feel free to talk about the uniqueness of this weapon, but it seems like a pretty straightforward gearing scenario similar to how one gears a melee mythic weapon, only with a mythic TA gear is seen as neutral and DA gear is the poison. As I said this is not a scenario I have to contemplate, simply following along for fun.
 Bahamut.Leonof
user: DethCody
By Bahamut.Leonof 2021-05-06 15:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its 42 dex difference, you probably forgot that the odr earring gave 10, which would give you ~32 more acc from dex, which is about half of your supposed acc bonus. Which would put a couple acc away from what simon said the difference was, maybe I missed 2 acc.

That also ignores that simon and kaldaek suggested you use the set you had but with full malignance which would put the difference ~13 acc but with more sTP and survivability. Stacking OAT and multiatk has diminishing returns but thats for a different discussion.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-05-06 15:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You're dual wielding so that changes the multiattack math. Triple attack is still somewhat beneficial.

That said, I personally stick with Malignance.
 Asura.Jackflashh
By Asura.Jackflashh 2021-05-06 15:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonof said: »
Well its 42 dex difference, you probably forgot that the odr earring gave 10, which would give you ~32 more acc from dex, which is about half of your supposed acc bonus. Which would put a couple acc away from what simon said the difference was, maybe I missed 2 acc.

That also ignores that simon and kaldaek suggested you use that set but with full malignance which would put the difference ~13 acc but with more sTP and survivability. Stacking OAT and multiatk has diminishing returns but thats for a different discussion.

Well its 32 dex difference, you probably forgot that I specifically stated it was over 3 pieces, which obviously doesn't include Odr. Also, like I said in the original question, it's quite easy to just swap in the Odr earring.

The entire point of this suggestion is to GAIN acc with as little loss in other important stats as possible. Even if the gain from Malig to Tat is 13 acc, as Simon noted, it's still a gain. Let's say that's negligible, and the trade is truly not worth, the change in accessories still nets 30 acc. Overall, the swap of 6 pieces gains at least 50 acc, which allows the potential to use acumen with sushi if you can make up the macc in your TF set.

Obviously the increase in multi attack, specifically TA, is not ideal. But I'd say it's not a terrible trade considering the need for Acc in W3. This is not a discussion on what's BiS for Kclub assuming you can cap acc whenever you want. It's just what I've seen during W3 Dyna, knowing full well that I can see an entire attack round go by with the "suggested" set, and you get 8 misses in a row without indi-precision. I'm trying to find a way to get the 45 MAtck back with acumen. A few less Stp or DT just seems so much more worth, but maybe I'm 100% wrong.

At the end of the day, I agree @Celebrindal that it's not the "perfect on paper" set, considering the uniqueness of the weapon. But the perfect top DPS set for any DD is usually not possible in W3 without extra acc buffs or a brd swap. DT is unquantifiable, bc if you're taking no damage anyway, stacking it for the warm and fuzzy feeling is essentially giving you nothing. Yes, a live DD does more than a dead DD, but I have to really go out of my way to try and die in Dyna on RNG. Spamming a magic WS basically means I can't get hate. So unless I'm trying to solo a mob, or get hit with an absolutely massive AoE, maaaybe mijin (assuming I don't just 1 shot the Nin), it just doesn't happen.

I would love to just stack all STP and call it good. But in my experience, without swapping a geo spell or cor roll for acc (in addition to having mad/mad/honor), accuracy suffers, and I'm simply trying to find a solution. Call me crazy.
[+]
By Veydal1 2021-05-06 15:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of buffs do you guys run, and what WS average are you getting out of TF (including Rank on Gastraphetes)? Wondering how the damage compares to just running Savage Blade, which is already pretty impressive.

Trying to decide on which to R15 next between Annihilator & Gastraphetes. I hardly get any use out of Gastraphetes. Any content aside from W3 that you guys get to use it in?
 Asura.Jackflashh
By Asura.Jackflashh 2021-05-06 16:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Veydal1 said: »
What kind of buffs do you guys run, and what WS average are you getting out of TF (including Rank on Gastraphetes)? Wondering how the damage compares to just running Savage Blade, which is already pretty impressive.

Trying to decide on which to R15 next between Annihilator & Gastraphetes. I hardly get any use out of Gastraphetes. Any content aside from W3 that you guys get to use it in?

For W3:
Brd: honor/vict/mad/mad
Cor: Sam/Wiz
Geo: Malaise/acumen
Whm or Sch: aurorastorm I/II and/or boost-agi

Numbers on volte are 40-60k. Usually I WS @1750-2k TP, which is always 50k+. If I get lucky on Kclub proc and go at 2200+ it's 70+, with usual guaranteed 80-99k if TP is 2750-3k. During W3 boss, if Geo bolsters, it's basically a guaranteed 3 mins of all 9's.

Outside of Dyna, I still get a lot of use out of Gastra in Omen and Odyssey, and potentially Ambu depending on month. I would absolutely recommend R15 it before Anni.
By Kikomizuhara 2021-05-06 20:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's mostly 99k's in W3 with all the magic buffs. Storm 1's from /sch though. R15 gastra with kc. Two Igeo's in the alliance are almost a must.

I have a lot of gastra action on my stream/vods if you want to see all the dmg, on stuff like W3, omen, geas fete.
By Veydal1 2021-05-06 23:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback.

We lowman wave 3, focusing on physical DD buffs, so I haven't had a chance to use it yet in there.

Sounds like a great option to have. Might have to see if we can squeeze in those magic buffs/debuffs when the personnel allows it.

Kikomizuhara said: »
It's mostly 99k's in W3 with all the magic buffs. Storm 1's from /sch though. R15 gastra with kc. Two Igeo's in the alliance are almost a must.

I have a lot of gastra action on my stream/vods if you want to see all the dmg, on stuff like W3, omen, geas fete.

Do you have a link? Not having any luck with google.
By Kikomizuhara 2021-05-07 00:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1008975691?t=00h55m17s ^^
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-07 05:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, please dont scream at each other.

I pointed the difference in accuracy is small between front page set and your set Jack, but my intention was not to say that you shouldnt use it.

My intention was to suggest if that gain will actually let you drop Precision.

The most accuracy you can get is through accessories. Tatenashi over Malignance only gives 13 acc like I said. 37 acc comes from accessories. Can you cap accuracy with that 50 acc without Precision? If yes, then you probably should use that, but then maybe you only need 37 acc, not whole 50? Why not then just switch accessories but leave Malignance then. This is why I pointed out difference, so you can take those numbers and make decision in your individual scenario (and thats the main reason I always provide numbers, so people can use them on their own).

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
non kclub RNG here, but why would any of y'all move away from a set loaded with -DT, high accuracy, and zero multi-attack? As I said, I'm not a kclub RNG, but information I see on the weapon says that attack distribution from 1-8 attacks is 5:15:25:25:15:10:3:2. My take on that is that 45% of attacks will be 1,2 or 3, and 55% of attacks will be 4-8, assuming 0% multiattack (as it will proc before weapon traits like a mythic weapon). If you had 13% TA, that leaves 87% for kclub variance. That would be around 52% of attack rounds will be 3 or less attacks and 48% 4-8 (adding together the 45% of 87% with 13% TA).

Please feel free to talk about the uniqueness of this weapon, but it seems like a pretty straightforward gearing scenario similar to how one gears a melee mythic weapon, only with a mythic TA gear is seen as neutral and DA gear is the poison. As I said this is not a scenario I have to contemplate, simply following along for fun.

Austar made a calculator a while back
. 13%TA would increase attacks per round by around 2.8% assuming DW scenario here. 7sTP (assuming rank 1 unity for Tatenashi) assuming 70 sTP Samurai Roll, will also increase TP gain by around 2.8% So leaving sTP and TA, those 3 Tatenashi pieces over 3 Malignance pieces are just 13acc vs all the meva and DT. Again thats not a suggestion. Thats only food for thought.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-05-07 07:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for delay. Our geo doesn't use accuracy bubble. Between distract3 and bard madrigals we are good to go.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-05-09 17:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I am seeing in both previous pages and on the front page that dingir is there instead of weatherspoon for trueflight, is it better and if so why? Agi and MAB together?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-09 17:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's in the details. Not super user friendly.

The sets are for WF/TF with the caveat set after them with TF/WF specific swaps, and a note before the sets.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-09 18:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Weatherspoon is the strongest trueflight ring, but owning it comes at a personal trade off. Karieyh and schneddick rings are by far the most popular choices, but the others see minimal picks too. Weatherspoon has limited appeal outside trueflight (holy nuking is well and good, but people aren’t likely to forego other options just for that), so the guide doesn’t default to it in the same way other guides ignore dark matter augments, for much the same reason.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-05-09 18:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Weatherspoon is the strongest trueflight ring, but owning it comes at a personal trade off. Karieyh and schneddick rings are by far the most popular choices, but the others see minimal picks too. Weatherspoon has limited appeal outside trueflight (holy nuking is well and good, but people aren’t likely to forego other options just for that), so the guide doesn’t default to it in the same way other guides ignore dark matter augments, for much the same reason.

Thank you very much, this was a thought but wasnt totally sure and given i wasnt seeing a reason why i figured i was either missing it in the text or there was another reason.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-09 18:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Sorry for delay. Our geo doesn't use accuracy bubble. Between distract3 and bard madrigals we are good to go.

I wish the middle of the road groups would see the value of a high-tier RDM in Dyna-D wave3 as much as the low-man groups do. We run with one constantly, and I can't imagine not having them around. The irony is that the "middle of the road" groups I reference run with larger numbers where its easier to fit a RDM in!
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2021-05-10 02:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hover shot and Decoy shot are mutually exclusive. Though the update said nothing to this effect.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-10 02:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hover Shot and Velocity Shot can be activated together.. one doesn't cancel the other...

Time for a Auto-Strafing Addon to work with Auto-RA...

SE wants us to start moving our fat *** around like in FFXIV battles...

Time to burn some calories while blowing some ***up...
By Mrxi 2021-05-10 02:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Hover Shot and Velocity Shot can be activated together.. one doesn't cancel the other...

Time for a Auto-Strafing Addon to work with Auto-RA...

SE wants us to start moving our fat *** around like in FFXIV battles...

Time to burn some calories while blowing some ***up...
Reported.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 97 98 99