2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 97 98 99
By Pantafernando 2020-02-04 05:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Im really interested in the Savage Blade potential to RNG for farming purposes (like HTBF to get enough stones to glow my weaps).

So the questions: considering a BiS set will have TP bonus bow plus WSD+20% arrow plus ambuscade sword, is RNG the strongest Savage Blade user atm?

What numbers are you guys pulling in a farming content, where we arent hurting for att/acc?

Thanks in advance.
By SimonSes 2020-02-04 07:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
is RNG the strongest Savage Blade user atm?

DRG is most likely.
I mean DRG lacks TP bonus, which would hurt him a lot, but his WS bonus from traits is very high. Can cap haste easier too with /dnc instead of /nin to gain more TP per hit.

It would be close probably, UNLESS RNG can use KC sub hand, then probably RNG could easily compete (I would say easily beat, but I dont want to say it without being sure) with any other Savage Blade job.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-04 08:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Im really interested in the Savage Blade potential to RNG for farming purposes (like HTBF to get enough stones to glow my weaps).

So the questions: considering a BiS set will have TP bonus bow plus WSD+20% arrow plus ambuscade sword, is RNG the strongest Savage Blade user atm?

What numbers are you guys pulling in a farming content, where we arent hurting for att/acc?

Thanks in advance.

I'd like to see how it competes with COR. As cor obviously can roll for itself; where ranger and dragoon lack. Thoughts?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-04 08:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

I'd like to see how it competes with COR. As cor obviously can roll for itself; where ranger and dragoon lack. Thoughts?

1. is it fair to assume that a COR will have rolls in this scenario but not the other jobs? Are we comparing just farming purposes?

2. and if we're just comparing farming purposes....WHO CARES???
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-04 08:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

1. is it fair to assume that a COR will have rolls in this scenario but not the other jobs? Are we comparing just farming purposes?

2. and if we're just comparing farming purposes....WHO CARES???

Fair enough... I assumed the OP was solo farming his items.

edit: I always try to *** jobs as solo without any trusts.

Interesting it blurred out a-s-s-e-s-s
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-04 10:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

its mostly that if you're farming something w/o buffs, we're only talking about a speed difference- you can probably get away with anything from some crazy billion-gil setups to escha-zitah weapons.

The real test for me is what can unique setups do in legit situations where you NEED buffs. Can this unique idea- in our case a Savage Blade build w/ offhand Kclub- be functional in current endgame situations? Or is it left to the realm of a fun side project?

I did react a little harsh- things can be worth it just because its fun. I just fear people putting so much in terms of resources for a niche build and then try and bring it out in situations it just never will work. I always like to see when things are tested to list the target mob, support/buffs you had, debuffs on the mob, etc.

Example: if something only works with a 4 song bard doing HM+2 madrigals, Torpor, and Distract 3 due to low base acc/skill and/or non-iLvl weaponry, is it really the best option for your party or alliance, or does it take re-configuring the entire setup to make YOU look good at the expense of the over all party efficiency?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-04 11:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The real test for me is what can unique setups do in legit situations where you NEED buffs. Can this unique idea- in our case a Savage Blade build w/ offhand Kclub- be functional in current endgame situations? Or is it left to the realm of a fun side project?

I completely agree here. If there is a place for kclub in endgame, I would love to know that :P

Ive got a pretty good ranger. Problem is here on fenrir I don't think we can get 18 warm bodies together for a dynamis run in general. :P
By Demhar 2020-02-04 12:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting the WSD:20% Arrow today. I'll play around with the Savage Blade Set see how it holds up against COR.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Server: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-04 12:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Thanks in advance.

I'll have the arrow tomorrow. I'll be testing this with 8songs and cor rolls. Gonna compare the cors savage blades to the rng. I dont think itll even come close. Cause I'll be using KC off hand.

Edit: yes theres a good reason for KC endgame. Thorny and Austar said a few pages back the benefits. Even tested it in wave 2 farming. Main hand KC, off hand shield and we killed all wave 2 with just cor and rng and managed to kill wave 2 boss. Probably even better for wave 3. But you need the support.
I had 2 bards. 2 agi songs, 2 madrigal, 2 minuet, 2 haste. Indi acumen, geo malaise on trash, geo agi on bosses. Burn lowering intelligence of mobs. Wizards and Sam's rolls. Light weather.
Works and is extremely effienct. But having a LS actually that'll support one job this much isn't always the case for most things.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-04 12:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are like months behind. Ejin did Dynamis D wave 3 with savage RNG offhanding KC before even Arrow was introduced XD I wish he would be more active here.

Offhand on 50%+ WSD 2000+TP Savage blade is totally irrelevant. You have 90%+ damage on first hit.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-02-04 12:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

is it really the best option for your party or alliance
this is the important take away with all non-ilevel weapons. people worry about that 5% dps using TP bonus offhands and ***when they're probably wasting acc buffs to compensate for one member. i'd rather ditch the acc buffs, use a better offhand and use defensive buffs instead. i'll still clear the content, only easier, instead of a few minutes faster
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-04 12:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
this is the important take away with all non-ilevel weapons. people worry about that 5% dps using TP bonus offhands and ***when they're probably wasting acc buffs to compensate for one member. i'd rather ditch the acc buffs, use a better offhand and use defensive buffs instead. i'll still clear the content, only easier, instead of a few minutes faster

This is kinda out of character for you. You normally base your opinion on facts. Jobs that regularly use tp bonus offhand (BLU and DNC) doesnt need any special buffs to keep capped accuracy on most events. Wave 3 being only thing that isnt obvious, but accuracy buffs are there usually for jobs like COR anyway (COR in optimal TP sets has lower accuracy than BLU with Thibron)
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-04 12:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
You guys are like months behind. Ejin did Dynamis D wave 3 with savage RNG offhanding KC before even Arrow was introduced XD I wish he would be more active here.

Offhand on 50%+ WSD 2000+TP Savage blade is totally irrelevant. You have 90%+ damage on first hit.

Can you elaborate abit on this? Does Ejin have a video for this one? This sounds really cool.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-04 12:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is kinda out of character for you. You normally base your opinion on facts. Jobs that regularly use tp bonus offhand (BLU and DNC) doesnt need any special buffs to keep capped accuracy on most events. Wave 3 being only thing that isnt obvious, but accuracy buffs are there usually for jobs like COR anyway (COR in optimal TP sets has lower accuracy than BLU with Thibron)

His logic seems fine to me. If you have 2-3 kraken rngs and you're buffing for them, sure, it's great. If you're the only kraken rng and your ls is running 2h DPS or ranged DPS, you're probably hurting the alliance dps or safety by demanding the buffs to make it work.

Kraken RNG's acc is a good bit behind Thibron BLU.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-04 12:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

His logic seems fine to me. If you have 2-3 kraken rngs and you're buffing for them, sure, it's great. If you're the only kraken rng and your ls is running 2h DPS or ranged DPS, you're probably hurting the alliance dps by demanding the buffs to make it work.

Kraken RNG's acc is a good bit behind Thibron BLU.

Logic yes, facts not. He didnt say about only KC RNG which is a fairly new thing to consider for end game.

this is the important take away with all non-ilevel weapons.

non-ilevel weapons that are fairly established in end game are Thibron and Centovente. Both BLU and DNC doesnt require any special accuracy buffs for those weapons. They are making some sacrifices in their own builds to push accuracy far enough (still getting huge dps gain from TP bonus overall). So I disagree, that you hurting anyone in alliance/party using those.

With set I posted earlier Nagling/KC RNG has 1085 accuracy with KC before any buffs. That's probably not enough for wave 3 dynamis, but should be enough for wave 1 and 2 assuming standard buffs.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-04 12:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that its very possible for jobs to "get away" using non-iLvl weaponry in the offhand, and I'm sure that in specific setups even mainhand non-iLvl weaponry like the discussion of /war kclub on RNG.

But Austar and Thorny say what I'm thinking- if you're in a setup with like-minded individuals and altering the buff array benefits the group as a whole, increases the party DPS, and allows people to also have a little fun at the same time- well, that's the dream, right?

But showing up to an event as the only person who needs that change in buffs might be hurting the other DDs and as such the overall party/alliance DPS, and is that really worth it? Or is it the mindset of someone so addicted to a personal parse number that they lose sight of the big picture?

The problem these days is that both scenarios probably still win. There's little penalty for the top groups in altering a setup, outside of clear time. Its those marginal groups that are trying to get that first Albumen Kill, or first wave3 clear, that altering such things will have more severe ramifications.

I'm a BIG proponent of having fun, altering setups to fit the strengths of YOUR group, all while being efficient. Just because you read about XYZ endgame group going full Wildfire/Trueflight on a record-setting wave3 clear time doesn't mean your group with zero Armageddon CORs and 1 Gastraphetes RNG can manage it. But maybe your group has a whole slew of killer WARs and SAMs...don't abandon what works for you and your people because of some flashy post or YouTube video.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-04 12:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

But showing up to an event as the only person who needs that change in buffs might be hurting the other DDs and as such the overall party/alliance DPS, and is that really worth it? Or is it the mindset of someone so addicted to a personal parse number that they lose sight of the big picture?

Why do you keep saying this by just GUESING it. It's just stupid. I told you several times. Both BLU and DNC can push their accuracy far enough with STANDARD buffs to use non-ilvl offhand. I just told you accuracy for KC on Savage RNG too. You should be ok with STANDARD buffs on wave 1 and wave 2. On wave 3 you will probably need to switch to ilvl weapons.
[+]
By Mrxi 2020-02-04 13:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

which STANDARD acc buffs are you GUESING for wave 1 and 2? either way its killing the big boys deeps
By SimonSes 2020-02-04 13:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you elaborate abit on this? Does Ejin have a video for this one? This sounds really cool.

Sadly I can't. Tried searching for saved stream from this dynamis, but its not there. Ejin would need to come and speak for himself. I imagine that since he 3x 6box this dynamis, he can choose to use buffs that benefit him the most, so he probably used Torpor or something to push accuracy far enough on wave 3. Damage from Savage itself was very good, but tbh he would probably do better using Trueflight, but maybe they didnt want to bother to use Malaise when he would be the only one taking advantage of it (While Torpor helped his mate on NIN with TP bonus katana offhand I think).

I wouldn't advocate for using acc buffs just for KC RNG on wave 3 for sure in normal 18ppl ally using melee DDs. Can toy with KC on wave 1 and 2 no problem tho.
By SimonSes 2020-02-04 13:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrxi said: »
which STANDARD acc buffs are you GUESING for wave 1 and 2? either way its killing the big boys deeps

We normally use marcato Honor and thats it for accuracy buffs. Lex sometimes call for one madrigal on wave 2 I think, but it depends on setup (We have one farm run and one wave 3 run, on farm run we use not really optimal setups regularly, because it's focused on farming whole wave 1 and 2 for drops and RP).
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-04 13:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, if we're talking about just wave 1/wave 2, your BRD could always just Pianissimo an extra Madrigal on your non-iLv DD if they need it since your iLv DDs don't need 2 Madrigals for first 2 waves anyway. I don't see why the entire alliance's buffs have to change for W1/W2 for 1 DD with Pianissimo existing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-04 13:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you keep saying this by just GUESING it. It's just stupid. I told you several times. Both BLU and DNC can push their accuracy far enough with STANDARD buffs to use non-ilvl offhand. I just told you accuracy for KC on Savage RNG too. You should be ok with STANDARD buffs on wave 1 and wave 2. On wave 3 you will probably need to switch to ilvl weapons.

I keep saying it because of your last sentence. There are people out there with that famous "its my $12.95" mentality who think that because they spent 500 million gil on a kclub they should get to use it at all times. Those people need to know the parameters when its gonna work, and when they are a hindrance to their group. I'm am not saying all people are like this- many who are willing to make the kind of investment for this setup are smart players who know when to deploy it and when to go more conventional.

Yeah, its gonna be fine in situations like that wave1/wave2, but probably fall behind bigtime for the wave2 boss, possibly for wave3 reg mobs, DEFINITELY for wave3 NMs, and then be viable again for the wave3 boss. Not to mention I'd find it very selfish for someone to bust out a kclub on the wave2 boss even if accuracy wasn't an issue- TP feed is the same if the damage is 1 or 10,000. Its a hit and the mob gets the same TP from it, and that kind of spam is going to fed right back to you via nasty AoE moves.

So yes, I keep saying that forcing a change in buffs to benefit one is likely going to hurt the overall party parse. You then cite situations where that change isn't necessary and complain about me saying the exact opposite. I've only said that- I'm not implying that ALL situations where one would use this setup require that change.

You're making the assumption that anyone doing this kind of concept, be it a kclub RNG, or a DNC or BLU offhanding a TP bonus weapon, is equally geared to the levels that allow such things to work. The fact is, that people read forums as they level jobs and then latch on to things. "Oh, I can be a Savage Blade COR with just an ambu weapon and the TP bonus gun? Awesome, I don't need to get Rostams or a RMEA weapon!" And then, they're asked to Leaden Statues and see resists out the arse on wave2. Or, a BLU reads about offhanding a TP bonus sword, and doesn't have the gear to back it up. Or, the DD in question DOES have the ability to do such a thing, but the support aren't top-notch and can't provide the backup required to make such things happen.

Lastly, I'm not guessing. I know that these things you cite as reasons it will work do exist. I also know that we can't simply say "this works, its the new meta" while not explaining the WHY behind it working- be that buff array, gear, target. And I'm not comfortable giving a tacit approval to something that does have limited application.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-04 13:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention I'd find it very selfish for someone to bust out a kclub on the wave2 boss even if accuracy wasn't an issue- TP feed is the same if the damage is 1 or 10,000.

Unless all other DDs are like 5x MNK, then it wouldnt matter at all. With 6+ people at capped haste swinging at boss it's TP capped before it can use TP move again anyway.

You're making the assumption that anyone doing this kind of concept, be it a kclub RNG, or a DNC or BLU offhanding a TP bonus weapon, is equally geared to the levels that allow such things to work. The fact is, that people read forums as they level jobs and then latch on to things. "Oh, I can be a Savage Blade COR with just an ambu weapon and the TP bonus gun? Awesome, I don't need to get Rostams or a RMEA weapon!" And then, they're asked to Leaden Statues and see resists out the arse on wave2. Or, a BLU reads about offhanding a TP bonus sword, and doesn't have the gear to back it up. Or, the DD in question DOES have the ability to do such a thing, but the support aren't top-notch and can't provide the backup required to make such things happen.

Not every setup is meant to be discussed with intention for new and unaware players. Something like dynamis D is usually done by linkshells or experienced pug leaders. It's leaders responsible to deal with players who want to use niche builds and either make it work or talk those player out of using it and deal with their possible stubbornness or being toxic. I provided optimal in my opinion set and provided info about accuracy. It's now a matter of conscious player to take that knowledge and use it in a good way. I cant be bothered by every casual player who accidentally read something and want to force it into their events in a wrong way.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-02-04 13:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

which sets are you using then? even account for acc bonus 6, a thib offhand is like 95-100 acc behind a 242 mainhand cor. cor and blu also share a lot of the same gear besides a few obvious pieces like blu +2 neck and the ammo slot
By SimonSes 2020-02-04 14:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

which sets are you using then? even account for acc bonus 6, a thib offhand is like 95-100 acc behind a 242 mainhand cor. cor and blu also share a lot of the same gear besides a few obvious pieces like blu +2 neck and the ammo slot

Well I'm talking about R15 Tizona BLU and Acc set for it I use is:
Code
        ammo="Ginsen",
		head="Malignance Chapeau",
		body="Malignance Tabard",
		hands="Malignance Gloves",
		legs="Malignance Tights",
		feet="Malignance Boots", 
		neck="Mirage Stole +2", 
		waist="Reiki Yotai",
		left_ear="Eabani Earring",
		right_ear="Digni. Earring",
		left_ring={name="Chirich ring +1", priority=1},
		right_ring="Chirich ring +1",
		back=gear.BLU_TP_Cape

With Accuracy bonus V, this set is 1154 Accuracy with Thibron in town with 0 buffs. That can be pushed further to 1181 accuracy by switching cape to 10% DW and belt to Olseni and earring to Odr and even further if you decide to ge less defensive and use path A adhemar body and hands (but I dont even have it anymore).
While COR can use similar gear, they usually dont, because they dont have AM3 to cover lack of multi attack in such set.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-02-04 15:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I still need to build a 1k tp bow on Minidiva to test KC RNG. I'm sad COR can't KC.

RNG and COR share alot of gear, including Malignance and Herc sets. Minimuse's COR already melee's like she has a KC in low acc Quad set which includes DM Herc Quad pieces, Dampening Tam and Windbuffet+1 Belt. It's only on Volte where I switch to a high accuracy set, then back to low acc quad set on the wave3 boss. Minidiva's melee KC RNG will likely have more melee acc than Minimuse's COR would on the wave3 boss. I'm not sure how much a RNG's E rating will affect a KC in Volte level content. If I can snag 1 more KC, I can loan it to Celebrindal or Baniak so we can parse a full multi-attack rng party. Leaden COR vs. KC RNG Trueflight. COR SV vs. RNG SV equal buffs.

It just doesn't make sense alliance wise to support just 1 KC RNG in Dyna[D] when your LS has several topnotch heavy DD. It's also confusing for support to switch different buffs in a melee physical-magic mix party. The KC RNG will want to switch to Gastraphetes, which means the party needs to focus on magic buffs. For most part, as COR, I support heavy DD with Sam and Chaos and get by with melee support from BRD and malaise from GEO. However, if KC RNG can go to town with SV, he would parse well in a mostly physical set-up. This would turn RNG into a more versatile DD which can be brought to more types of events.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-04 15:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are all making me jealous over here with your full alliance dynamis runs..
By SimonSes 2020-02-04 16:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are all making me jealous over here with your full alliance dynamis runs..

We are from same LS (tho Mini also helps doing dynamis in another LS).

Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
I'm sad COR can't KC.

Even if COR would have native skill in clubs and would be able to use clubs, it will have terrible accuracy compered to RNG anyway. RNG has massive accuracy bonus from traits and gifts (107 accuracy difference just from that).

Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
I still need to build a 1k tp bow on Minidiva to test KC RNG

I did that today and I have everything for TP set, but my WS set is garbage. I don't have any 10%WSD JSE yet.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-04 17:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw since this story of KC RNG started, KC price nearly doubled.
[+]
By Oderic2 2020-02-04 17:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Will SE fix RNG in the year 2020? :X

As in, bow and crossbow. I just want to use acid bolts in group content. Is that so much to ask?
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 97 98 99