New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 97 98 99
By Cronnus 2019-05-20 11:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a Apex Arrow set? I don't have any rhyme or reason for the set I have. I think I just use it as a generic ws set.

<head>Orion Beret +3</head>
<neck augment="O3728794451968209">Scout's gorget +2</neck>
<ear1>Ishvara earring</ear1>
<ear2>Moonshade earring</ear2>
<body>Arc. Jerking +3</body>
<hands>Meg. Gloves +2</hands>
<ring1>Dingir ring</ring1>
<ring2>Ilabrat ring</ring2>
<back augment="S4553779869133118759">Belenus's cape</back>
<waist>Fotia belt</waist>
<legs>Arc. Braccae +3</legs>
<feet>Arcadian Socks +3</feet>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-20 12:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
What MAB/WSD would you want on Herc legs to beat Relic+3 on Trueflight? How about AF+3 head vs Herc or Meg+2 hands vs Herc?

Also I have MAB+40 on head and feet with no WSD, would 30 MAB and 3%+ WSD beat them anyway?

This comes up frequently, and moreso lately due to Trueflight being our biggest hammer in the toolbox these days.

I always respond with the following: its a delicate balance, and you can't necessarily compare just one slot's worth of options independently. Its that relationship between AGI, MAB, and WSD that leads to final results. We've had posts of some Rangers who have built pure MAB sets with almost zero WSD crank out ridiculous numbers. I've seen Rangers with balanced sets sitting around 30% WSD and extremely high MAB do the same.

In my Trueflight set, I use a MAB-heavy herc helm (AGI+2, macc+33, MAB+29) and some dark matter augmented herc feet (relevant stats being macc+19, MAB+47), getting my WSD from cape(10%), a DM aug'ed Herc body(WSD+6%, MAB+20), and the Relic+3 legs(10%).

I tried messing around with the options I had, swapping the MAB+47 herc feet and relic+3 legs with a MAB+15/WSD+5 herc feet and MAB+20/macc+20/WSD+5 herc legs, and the DM aug feet/relic+3 leg set won in my build. Doing just a swap of relic+3 legs for the MAB+20/WSD+5 herc legs was an even bigger loss of damage if I kept the pure MAB herc feet there.

If you have a Trueflight set that you are pleased with but are contemplating how to push the damage further via the leg slot, I would assume you'd need in the neighborhood of 40 MAB on some herc legs. The AGI difference between the two pieces is negligible (33 AGI on relic+3 legs, 32 AGI native on Herc legs), so we can essentially ignore that stat in comparison. Using my examples, we're essentially comparing 5 WSD vs 20 MAB (with one piece having 10 WSD vs the other piece have 5 WSD and 20 MAB) and the 5 WSD won.
By Cronnus 2019-05-20 12:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
DirectX said: »
What MAB/WSD would you want on Herc legs to beat Relic+3 on Trueflight? How about AF+3 head vs Herc or Meg+2 hands vs Herc?

Also I have MAB+40 on head and feet with no WSD, would 30 MAB and 3%+ WSD beat them anyway?

This comes up frequently, and moreso lately due to Trueflight being our biggest hammer in the toolbox these days.

I always respond with the following: its a delicate balance, and you can't necessarily compare just one slot's worth of options independently. Its that relationship between AGI, MAB, and WSD that leads to final results. We've had posts of some Rangers who have built pure MAB sets with almost zero WSD crank out ridiculous numbers. I've seen Rangers with balanced sets sitting around 30% WSD and extremely high MAB do the same.

In my Trueflight set, I use a MAB-heavy herc helm (AGI+2, macc+33, MAB+29) and some dark matter augmented herc feet (relevant stats being macc+19, MAB+47), getting my WSD from cape(10%), a DM aug'ed Herc body(WSD+6%, MAB+20), and the Relic+3 legs(10%).

I tried messing around with the options I had, swapping the MAB+47 herc feet and relic+3 legs with a MAB+15/WSD+5 herc feet and MAB+20/macc+20/WSD+5 herc legs, and the DM aug feet/relic+3 leg set won in my build. Doing just a swap of relic+3 legs for the MAB+20/WSD+5 herc legs was an even bigger loss of damage if I kept the pure MAB herc feet there.

If you have a Trueflight set that you are pleased with but are contemplating how to push the damage further via the leg slot, I would assume you'd need in the neighborhood of 40 MAB on some herc legs. The AGI difference between the two pieces is negligible (33 AGI on relic+3 legs, 32 AGI native on Herc legs), so we can essentially ignore that stat in comparison. Using my examples, we're essentially comparing 5 WSD vs 20 MAB (with one piece having 10 WSD vs the other piece have 5 WSD and 20 MAB) and the 5 WSD won.

In order for me to use herc legs over relic +3, I'd want to see MAB 30+, MACC 25+ and the 3 varibales that needs to be there would have to be any amount of WSD (for obvious reasons), or a healthy amount of STP (for tp overflow), or 15 Agi.

But getting 1 of those 3 along with MAB 30+ and MACC 25+ is extremely rare. So I stick with relic legs myself:(

Edit: if you're ever wondering what could be better. Use the conversion 3 MAB = 1 WSD to compare your augments. So 35 MAB 2 WSD would be like 41 MAB. hope that helps.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-05-20 13:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got the first set with DM gonna test both and see which nets me more
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-05-20 15:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to the JSE neck is it better than Sanctity And that other Mab neck when fully buffed? Or it’s just better period?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-05-22 09:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone clarify the paths for this set
Midshot TP set
ItemSet 364775

• Adhemar Hands: Path C
• Adhemar: Path C
• Adhemar Feet: Path D
• Cape: AGI/Racc/STP

Why Adhemar Feet: Path D over C? just because the Store TP? I thought the rapid need was preshot

or is this mislabeled?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-22 09:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The STP. Completely.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-05-22 09:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice so I can use them in midshot and always the same path (D) in my flurry 1 preshot, nice i dont need 2 pair
 Cerberus.Deathangle
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deathangle 2019-05-26 13:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont see this posted so going to ask how do taurert/naegling compare to malevolence? just wondering i have both taurert/naegling but havent be able to get good augments on malevolence yet.
By Afania 2019-05-26 13:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Nice so I can use them in midshot and always the same path (D) in my flurry 1 preshot, nice i dont need 2 pair

Unless you are using wildfire, in that case STP does nothing if you don't need more.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-26 14:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Unless you are using wildfire, in that case STP does nothing if you don't need more.

TP overflow for the two "big" RNG weaponskills- Trueflight and Last Stand- is key in hitting big numbers while still maintaining a 3 shot build (WS-shot-shot). I can't imagine giving up 7STP for 12AGI/20racc/20ratk during white damage phase, which is such a small portion of total damage dealt these days for everyone, and in particular RNGs.

Coronach and Wildfire both gain nothing from TP overflow. As such, there "could" be an argument for using Path C Adhemar+1 feet for midshot and then using Meghanada Feet for preshot if you're primarily an Annihilator or Armageddon RNG. Those +2 feet have +10 Snapshot on them as well, assuming you can maintain the 3 hit build. Then again, if you're going to give up STP in the foot slot using either of those weapons with Aftermath Up, Oshosi Leggings +1 would be a better choice with only 6 less AGI than Adhemar+1 path C and more racc....and mostly for their lovely +10% critical hit rate.
By Afania 2019-05-26 14:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

TP overflow for the two "big" RNG weaponskills- Trueflight and Last Stand- is key in hitting big numbers while still maintaining a 3 shot build (WS-shot-shot). I can't imagine giving up 7STP for 12AGI/20racc/20ratk during white damage phase, which is such a small portion of total damage dealt these days for everyone, and in particular RNGs.

Coronach and Wildfire both gain nothing from TP overflow. As such, there "could" be an argument for using Path C Adhemar+1 feet for midshot and then using Meghanada Feet for preshot if you're primarily an Annihilator or Armageddon RNG. Those +2 feet have +10 Snapshot on them as well, assuming you can maintain the 3 hit build. Then again, if you're going to give up STP in the foot slot using either of those weapons with Aftermath Up, Oshosi Leggings +1 would be a better choice with only 6 less AGI than Adhemar+1 path C and more racc....and mostly for their lovely +10% critical hit rate.

That's pretty much what I said though. I didn't advocate people use path C over D, I only said STP stat is useless for WF unless it pushes x hit lower. Nothing more than that.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-26 15:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

oh didn't mean to disagree, merely expound upon your original statement.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-05-27 10:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does Double shot and Unlimited shot share a timer but the unlimited shot recast merit doesn’t affect double shot as well. Change that SE if you want to be useful.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-05-28 08:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Top legs 26917 with 39mab

Bottom legs 26653 with wth 15 AGI + 23mab

against level 100 mandy

EDIT: TP was at 1056 both times
[+]
By ocean 2019-05-28 09:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Top legs 26917 with 39mab

Bottom legs 26653 with wth 15 AGI + 23mab

against level 100 mandy

That’s a lot closer than I thought it would be
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-28 09:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@Toralin, would you mind posting your complete sets for comparison? I just want to see total AGI/WSD/MAB numbers.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-05-28 09:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure dont make fun of my Malo's though
sets.precast.WS['Trueflight'] = {
Malo INT3/MAB7
Malo INT7/MAB5
"Herculean Helm", augments={'Mag. Acc.+15 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','Weapon skill damage +3%','STR+9','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}},
"Scout's Gorget +2", (R25)
"Moonshade Earring", (Mab/TPBonus)
"Friomisi Earring",
"Herculean Vest", augments={'Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+12','Mag. Acc.+11','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+11',}},
"Carmine Fin. Ga. +1",
"Regal Ring",
"Dingir Ring",
gear.wsd_ranger_jse_back,
"Eschan Stone",
"Herculean Trousers"
"Herculean Boots", augments={'Pet: DEX+4','Magic burst dmg.+2%','Weapon skill damage +9%','Accuracy+18 Attack+18','Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18',}}}
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-28 10:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I'll NEVER make fun of someone's Malevolences....had an LS mate who used to get very lucky in SR...he'd equip yet another perfect malevolence and /drop it in front of me- I'm talking he did this 4 times! After hundreds of runs and enough bayld spent to probably buy an Idris I finally got 1 capped and 1 almost perfect.

You've got some killer augments! But I can see why the AGI becomes so potent on those herc legs because your set is great for MAB/WSD but not much in terms of augmented AGI, increasing its relative value.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-05-28 10:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I'll NEVER make fun of someone's Malevolences....had an LS mate who used to get very lucky in SR...he'd equip yet another perfect malevolence and /drop it in front of me- I'm talking he did this 4 times! After hundreds of runs and enough bayld spent to probably buy an Idris I finally got 1 capped and 1 almost perfect.

You've got some killer augments! But I can see why the AGI becomes so potent on those herc legs because your set is great for MAB/WSD but not much in terms of augmented AGI, increasing its relative value.
The MAB legs beat the AGI legs (did I post it backwards)
By SimonSes 2019-05-28 10:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The MAB legs beat the AGI legs (did I post it backwards)

I think he meant that he didnt think that agi legs would be that close and thats a reason he wrote 2nd part of his comment.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-28 11:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

oh I saw that- I interpreted it as not expecting the AGI legs to be as close to the high MAB ones. Was just giving my reasoning as to why that might be the case instead of that huge amount of MAB just trouncing them. (or trousering them?)
 Asura.Snapshot
user: Snapshot
By Asura.Snapshot 2019-06-02 10:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on my TF set. For the life of me, I can't get AGI along with any other good augs. My goal is to get matk 30+/wsd and agi on all.

Are there any other pieces that would be better than these with current augs?

Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-02 10:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Your first listed one is best. In my book quite good. The MND is worthless of course but extremely high MAB, excellent macc, and a little WSD to boot.

The reason you're having such a hard time getting that magical triple win of AGI/MAB/WSD all in high amounts is that AGI is considered "off path" for the Magical path you must use to get the macc/MAB.

Add to it that most of the time you'll get the most potent piece by using pellucid stones on a herc helm for exceedingly high macc/MAB numbers, and then hope for a chance at something from the "special" category forced by fern (weaponskill damage in our case) and that +STAT augment forced by taupe is going to be hit and miss at best.

So you've got 3 things working against you- wrong stone for high base STAT, no forced chance at ANY base STAT, and on the magical path AGI is not a common choice like INT and MND.
[+]
 Asura.Snapshot
user: Snapshot
By Asura.Snapshot 2019-06-02 11:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew AGI would be the toughest out of the three but I've seen a lot of STR augs. Not as much as INT or MND, of course. AGI/CHR and VIT show up the least in my experience. I think I'll be satisfied just bumpig up WSD on some of the above but maybe I'll get lucky and hit one with AGI too.

Is WSD 4 the highest on pellucid?
By Nariont 2019-06-02 11:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

4 wsd is highest for non fern, yes
[+]
 Asura.Cladbolg
user: cladbolg
By Asura.Cladbolg 2019-06-02 16:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What’s better goal to aim for with Last Stand? AGI 15 WSD 4 or AGI 10 WSD 5? Assuming BIS non augmentable gear in other slots. And no Dark Matter augments.
By Taint 2019-06-02 17:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cladbolg said: »
What’s better goal to aim for with Last Stand? AGI 15 WSD 4 or AGI 10 WSD 4? Assuming BIS non augmentable gear in other slots. And no Dark Matter augments.

If you post your current WS stats i can calculate which one is better for you.

They will be extremely close and typically either one is considered maxed.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 97 98 99