Looking For Linkshell.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2018-08-14
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Looking for linkshell.
Looking for linkshell.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2019-02-11 19:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't really sure to how to go about this in the game these days, especially since the concierges seem to be empty for recruitment, so I thought I might check here and see if there were any active linkshells out there that do content to help get back into the game in current content.

I am returning to play as a GEO for the time being, open to possibly playing another job in the future, after getting the content and gear out of the way while working on optimizing the job.

I am hoping to get an idea on what content to do and what to do to keep busy in the game as I catch on things again and try my best to provide assistance where I can.
[+]
 Asura.Yojimmbo
Server: Asura
user: Yojimmbo
By Asura.Yojimmbo 2019-02-11 20:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Make your own Linkshell if you don't get any bites after shouting. Geo is needed, at least on Asura, so might not come to that. I would say spam ambuscade for Gil. Or spam a HTBF for upgrade items. Don't pay for escha drops. Hop on almost every escha shout that you see that needs Geo. Get Dynamis divergence access as soon as possible and hop on those when you see them. Geo is one of those gateway jobs that lets you in a good portion of shouts. Heads up tho, Idris. But welcome back and good luck.
By Xaander 2019-02-11 23:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Had you said you were going to play a melee DPS, this thread would have went south fast. The "Returning to Vana'diel" guide on BG wiki is a little dated, but should help you. Ambuscade would be a good place to start after you have a basic set of ilvl 119 gear, even if you have to do V2 books. Welcome back; I wish you well.
 Ragnarok.Ayami
By Ragnarok.Ayami 2019-02-11 23:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

have you tried checking LS concierges NPC in the 3 starting nations? there is one called InternationalGlobe which has a lot of people in it. most returners tend to go there for guidance. If there isn't any in stock let me know I'll get you one.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2019-02-11 23:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't checked there since I thought for some reason all the the concierges shared the same linkshells, so I should have looked into that! Thank you for letting me know that, I will look into that once the servers come back up after the maintenance and let you know.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2019-02-11 23:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

@Xaander - Yeah, I was never a huge melee dps back when I played originally, usually just being the group SCH, WHM, or GEO back when I played with old members before XIV's re-release.

I like my mage jobs, especially from a healer perspective, but now I enjoy the ideas of SCHs and GEOs more because of their utility and also because there are better NPC healers than myself, haha.