Omen Solo Farming - Which Job The Most Efficient?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Omen solo farming - which job the most efficient?
Omen solo farming - which job the most efficient?
By Afania 2019-02-08 05:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Videos very very welcome!

Done...had to speed up by 1.6x so its not too long to watch.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I did quite a bit of horrible pulls there and waste a lot of time on missing mobs.

But I hope it shows the trust setup and strategy for AE jobs cleave in Omen. I feel if THF can pull this off it and finish everything in 25 min it would be the best choice for omen farm.

Some notes for doing big pulls:

1) I generally pull by running in with movement speed so I get hit less often than standing there and cast diaga. But on ladybug its more ideal to pull with diaga imo, since they wont aggro.

2) I generally pull with 2500-2700 hp. The higher HP the longer I can stay alive for big long pulls.

3) I use froneline whm x2, and AATT for sleepga.

4) I have an AE set with TH4 so one of my ws are always done with TH4 tagged on all mobs.

5) I skip pixies because *** pixies. They stun, dispel, take tp away and dont take magic damage very well. If you value KI then you can kill them 1 by 1, but I value time more so Id rather exit then reenter lol.

SimonSes said: »
That being said, doing it solo on THF with AE is risky af. THF is super fragile, even in DT set and after your first AE mobs will almost immediately run to WHM after first cure and not only they can kill him, but also may not be in range for another AE and things can go very wrong from there.

Have you try pulling with eva set instead? If you can evade everything that would be better than getting hit with DT I think?

The you can solve the "mobs run to whm" issue by using frontline whm and cleave right beside whm trust. Check 3:57 of video, I pulled entire group of rabbit+mandy and they killed whm after 1st cleave, but stayed in AE range for 2nd ws anyways.

Alternatively, have you try /sch or /blm for sleepga? Cor doesnt have access to AE with /sch or /blm thats why I had to /rdm for cleave. But THF isnt locked to specific SJ, I think they can just cleave the way BLU does....AE sleepga AE sleepga....

You probably need a spell interruption- set and max macc set for sleepga though.
[+]