Changing on its own. Multiple times.

Skynet!?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-23 11:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

mine is not to qestion why, mine is but to do and die.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-01-23 11:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This happened to my boy once...

We laughed at him until he came back...
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-23 12:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Dropped a hagun in 75 days by accident, gave all my gil to my friend to hold and called a gm, they rolled my account back 1 day and I doubled my gil

Plenty of people did double their stuff with rollback, but not by dropping 1 hagun and getting a 1 day rollback. If you dropped a single item, they just restore it. Rollback takes weeks to process, and you need verified IP changes throughout the process or they won't give it to you.

Not ***. I didn't have a item restore available on that account, only had the rollback left (you get 1 rollback and item restore per account.) it took a few hours to process but it was done in the same day. You must of forgotten how hands on GM's were back then..

mine wasn't compromised there was no investigation into that, no 2mo wait, ect.
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Quote:
My friend had to wait 2 months and did the full verification process after her account was compromised.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-23 12:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dropped a hagun in 75 days by accident, gave all my gil to my friend to hold and called a gm, they rolled my account back 1 day and I doubled my gil

Plenty of people did double their stuff with rollback, but not by dropping 1 hagun and getting a 1 day rollback. If you dropped a single item, they just restore it. Rollback takes weeks to process, and you need verified IP changes throughout the process or they won't give it to you.

I wouldn't call *** but this person clearly isn't smart.

A rollback actually takes much less time. I've completed full rollbacks within 3 hours (there was a bit of slacking here and there from the SGM) but they are usually pushed at the bottom of the priority list for many reasons.

Then again, if you want to rollback on a week end or at night time or worse, use anything that isn't online chat/phone, you're asking for those advertised 1/3 weeks (depending on region).

Facts. My friend had to wait 2 months and did the full verification process after her account was compromised.
"*** yeah,'murrica!" =/= facts.

Not ***. I didn't have a item restore available on that account, only had the rollback left (you get 1 rollback and item restore per account.) it took a few hours to process but it was done in the same day. You must of forgotten how hands on GM's were back then..

Quote:
My friend had to wait 2 months and did the full verification process after her account was compromised.
The actual investigation takes 5 to 15min.

Anything beyond this is usually due to SGMs drowning in work or being really stupid.

I think the longest rollback I had took a week and that's because I was checking the guy's logs weeks before his request to find evidences that he wanted to dupe his ***. It was a special situation as he already had 2 rollbacks before (where he actually got compromised by a "friend") and we were looking for excuses to refuse it.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-01-23 13:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-01-23 13:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

I wouldn't call *** but this person clearly isn't smart.

A rollback actually takes much less time. I've completed full rollbacks within 3 hours (there was a bit of slacking here and there from the SGM) but they are usually pushed at the bottom of the priority list for many reasons.

Then again, if you want to rollback on a week end or at night time or worse, use anything that isn't online chat/phone, you're asking for those advertised 1/3 weeks (depending on region).

Facts. My friend had to wait 2 months and did the full verification process after her account was compromised.
"*** yeah,'murrica!" =/= facts.

Quote:
The actual investigation takes 5 to 15min.

Anything beyond this is usually due to SGMs drowning in work or being really stupid.

I think the longest rollback I had took a week and that's because I was checking the guy's logs weeks before his request to find evidences that he wanted to dupe his ***. It was a special situation as he already had 2 rollbacks before (where he actually got compromised by a "friend") and we were looking for excuses to refuse it.
By Afania 2019-01-23 13:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Either you got a keylogger designed for XI itself(so, probably embedded in a piece of XI-related software)

Do you guys never log into SE account management system? Lol. Ive heard peoples account got hacked with keylogger because they log into SE page.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-23 13:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why they have the on screen keyboard

never download dumbshit, you won't get keylogged though
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-23 13:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Do you guys never log into SE account management system? Lol. Ive heard peoples account got hacked with keylogger because they log into SE page.

If person running keylogger isn't aware XI has value and has familiarity with xi, they won't care. Most keyloggers are used to target relevant things like bank information. Hence, the keylogger/operator would need to be targeting(or at least aware of) XI for it to be relevant.
[+]
By Afania 2019-01-23 15:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If person running keylogger isn't aware XI has value and has familiarity with xi, they won't care. Most keyloggers are used to target relevant things like bank information. Hence, the keylogger/operator would need to be targeting(or at least aware of) XI for it to be relevant.

I know that. what I meant is, hackers can totally target ffxi then get info from se account management system. Assuming key loggers will never work because POL id or hackers will never target ffxi account is probably false.

Theres someone that I know of, once clicked a FFXI related link that he received somewhere, and got hacked after he log into se account management system. Its just one example that things could happen even if account info is never shared, and key logging through pol isnt required.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-23 15:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said key logging through pol was required. I said the key logger needs to target ffxi, which most don't. If you have a person stealing ffxi info from keylogger, obviously they are familiar enough with the game to know the value of whatever items and accounts they get. It's not really a commonplace scenario, suggesting the keylogger comes from something related to xi.

And yes, like you said, POL ID means nothing. Most key loggers aren't even true key loggers and actually take screenshots or even video as well, so they can easily get SE ID/Password through normal login or through website usage. It just doesn't matter because most people running a keylogger don't give a ***about your game account.

But really, most of the time, people get 'hacked' by sharing their info haphazardly. Even if you gave someone your login a decade ago, if you never changed it you don't know if it's still written down somewhere and they get bored and feel like stealing it.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-23 15:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Theres someone that I know of, once clicked a FFXI related link that he received somewhere, and got hacked after he log into se account management system. Its just one example that things could happen even if account info is never shared, and key logging through pol isnt required.

That's not hacking, that's phishing, something that is rampant on Facebook lol

Always check the URL kids
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
Server: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2019-01-23 19:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Tokens aren't foolproof, just an fyi.

can confirm, was hacked with Token. mind you it was a key logger. still grabbed my token id. logged to SE site, reset pws...
By Jetackuu 2019-01-23 23:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't tell the butthurt guy.