Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » omen cards
omen cards
By daviant 2019-01-15 12:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about trying to solo some omen , i am in dire need of cards . Anyone have any tip/tricks for blu that you can recommend? As far best sells to set so i don't have to constantly switch spells, for example. You can also post your sets/gearsets/spellse lists that would be great.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-15 13:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have advice for blu specifically, because I don't have that job, but I have some general advice.

1. Decide what objectives you're going to pursue and what order you want to pursue them in.

Can you get the 30k WS? Is it easier or more sure to go for skillchain or magic burst objectives first? Do I want to go for 30k and potentially miss out on other objectives? etc.

2. Trusts can help..... or hurt you.... a lot.

King of Hearts is great because he casts Dia III right after you start fights. However, he also spams Firaga IV on light skillchains and has an AoE WS Deal Out that can get you in aggro trouble if you're not careful.

Shantotto II is great for # of magic bursts objectives. She can usually get 2-3 in one magic burst if timed right. If she has TP though, she'll get a light/darkness off right before you close a skillchain and you'll miss a window.

King of Hearts, Qultada, and Shantotto II are all notorious for breaking skillchains. Of the 3, Qultada is most often the offender.

3. Manage your trusts MP. If you're healer trust is out of magic points, release and resummon. I tend to take a minute to *** at the end of each floor whether I should do it or not, so it doesn't cut in to timers when trying to meet objectives.

4. Don't try to fulfill melee objectives on the mandies

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-15 14:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tips for BLU:

Vanquish X foes. Self explanatory

Use 2 abilities on your foes. Self explanatory

Cast spells on your foes. Self explanatory

Execute X skillchain(s) on your foes! Flat Blade > Red Lotus Blade (Fusion)

Perform 3×X magic bursts on your foes. (If you make fusion) Use Shantotto II or King of Hearts to complete

Deal 3×X critical hits to your foes. Self explanatory

Use 3×X elemental weapon skills on your foes. Red Lotus Blade x3

Use 3×X physical weapon skills on your foes. Self explanatory

Reduce your foe's HP by at least 2,000 damage in a single auto-attack.
Option 1: Have trust use Dia2/3, Melee in Best TP set and wait for TA x2 proc or whatever
Option 2: Use Sneak Attack/Trick Attack for additional damage

Reduce your foe's HP by at least 30,000 using a magic burst. Make weak SC with Ayame (or Fusion as above) and close with BA + T4 MB spell(Fire if fusion)

Reduce your foe's HP by at least 30,000 using a single weapon skill. Best bet is to do a skillchain, specifically Requiescat > CDC. Can also do a high dmg Savage Blade, or Blue Magic CAEF skillchain. If you fear killing the monster, use Ayame to open an easy SC for you and then close it for the clear

Reduce your foe's HP by at least 15,000 using a using a single magic attack without performing a magic burst. Burst Affinity + High MAB build and T4 nuke.

Restore at least 500 HP 10 times. Self explanatory; Can abuse Magic Fruit + HP set for free cures, or use Trust Healer + HP Toggle Macro
[+]
By Autocast 2019-01-15 14:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep verve up the whole run, Sudden Lunge everything unless you need 500HP heal objectives done.

CDC > Req (want the weaker WS closing to leave the mob with enough hp) and burst with spectral floe or crush for 30K MB *Note: Do this on transcended mobs, normal mobs don't have the HP needed to get the clear.

Burst affinity + spectral for 15k solo nuke.

CDC > CDC for 30k WS (skillchain damage counts) *Note: Do this on transcended mobs, normal mobs don't have the HP needed to get the clear.

Be prepared to swap trusts to suit your needs, DNC trusts are great at spamming abilities quickly and let you sub THF for extra crystal drops.

Shantotto2 for MB completions, fast blade > burning blade is weak enough for the normal mobs to survive and her to get a MB on, if you don't have either 30k ws or 30k MB its generally best to pull a transcended as you can get quite a few MB on them before they die doing this.

Fast blade > burning blade > Fast blade > repeat however long you need for multi step skillchain completion.

Default trusts:
August (a good tank in general makes this so easy, not needed but makes it easier, either aggro multiple for 500hp heal objectives or desummon tank til you get them)

Unity WHM (Apu/yoran, anyone else will have to be resummoned often due to MP issues but its not a huge deal)

King of hearts (Refresh2, quick dia spam, not needed but I cleave remaining mobs after objectives are done so like the refresh)

Joachim (Don't have to maintain mighty guard most of the time)

Last spot I generally rotate;

Shantotto2 (MB objectives)

Qultada (30k WS, attack/da buffs, Sylvie unity is also good for this)

random dancer trust (JA spam, august himself can hit all the JA but just to get it done quicker)

Assuming Master, prob not the most ideal spellset but don't find I have to min/max for omen:

Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Thrashing assault
Heavy Strike
Acrid Stream
Erratic Flutter
Nat. Meditation
Sudden Lunge
Diffusion Ray
Fantod
Sinker Drill
Paralyzing Triad
Subduction
Spectral Floe
Entomb
Dream flower
Cocoon
Magic Fruit

Generally I'll do objectives, then cocoon up in DT idle and aggro rest of floor (or pack by pack on final floor) Dream flower > entomb > floe which kills all but transcended, if you have burst up can just one shot with floe.

Kill transcended with melee, Don't magic cleave the fairies, just melee them one by one, Try to have burst affinity up for the floating eyes.

Dream flower if you get overwhelmed by adds. Just try it out, its really easy for blu.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-01-16 01:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i see a lot of recommendations for trusts to open your SC, particularly Ayame - her ACC (as for most trusts) is horrible and she tends to miss a lot in Omen. if you want to rely on trusts for SC objectives i suggest to bring a marine stewpot, trusts still won't have capped ACC but it pushes them to a point where you can work with them.

i'd also recommend Iroha II over Ayame as she can complete the 3 skillchains in one go by herself if she got meditate up. to ensure she has it up pull a transcendent mob right at the beginning of a floor or if you aggroed a regular one and the objective turns up finish him of quickly with a strong WS or use blue magic if Iroha is already close/over the 1000 tp mark then pull the transcendent.

you should be able to trigger her multistep self SC with a WS if she's above 1000 TP... i think red lotus blade is a good opener (if it doesn't pick a different low dmg WS that she can chain from - test outside omen beforhand to not waste a canteen), she also magic bursts on her own SC - 2 flies in one slap. if you don't initiate the SC with your own WS she'll probably try to charge up TP till she hits 3000 befor she goes and time is precious in Omen...

depending on your equipment you'll run into difficulty hitting the sweet spot/balancing dmg between completing objectives requirments and not kiling the mob too fast so i recommend to build custom sets for certain weaponskills like fast blade <-> burning blade/red lotus blade (scission/liquefaction endless chain) to keep the damage low.
also building a low/high HP set for the heal 500 HP objective can be very handy. SMN for example has a very easy time achieving this with just swapping a couple of apogee pieces and 2 mephitas's rings. BLU has a harder time building such a set but they can pretty easily get in the 400-450 hp range so you only need one extra hit from a foe.

if you have Tizona/Almace combo i recommend maining Almace and putting up aftermath for the 2000 dmg/attack round objective as its much easier to complete with almace aftermath. might be able to get it with decent multi attack and high dmg weapon like Tanmogayi too, not sure.
 Asura.Myasasa
Server: Asura
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2019-01-16 02:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't sub thf, rdm is fine for cleaving, magic damage etc...
just set th on subduction or dream flower (th4 with gear is the same as /thf)