Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » January 2019 Version Update
January 2019 Version Update
By Weeew 2019-01-10 01:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If Thunder resistance was dropped to the point where magic bursts do 50-99k while melee WS's are doing 10-20k then there is potential for manaburn.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-10 01:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone open the Ambuscade monthly thread already!
Wonder if something has changed since then.
Well other than the 3x HP of course.
If I recall Quadav was the second Ambuscade Vol.1 ever after the first with Orcs? We're talking about an ooooold ambuscade fight here.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-10 01:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Was the second ambuscade ever, the old thread has essentially zero useful data.

Other than lots of petrification and lots of curse/hp max down

Quote:
RDMWHM - Bozzetto High Vicar

Immediately uses Imperfect Shell Defense, increasing -DT and attack, when engaged and summons additional Quadav.
Torment of Gu'Dha - High-damage magical AoE, Petrification Information Needed
Sorrow of Gu'Dha - AoE Curse, Plague Information Needed
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-10 01:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming this is the fight, Two videos from the same uploader from two years ago. Besides them killing adds, I see nothing unusual about this fight, and the video is normal (top) and difficult.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-10 01:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If I recall the problem was the main boss becoming invincible after a while. A lot of people were reporting him stuck at 1% and no way to bring him down.

I think someone figured a way to solve that (was it Papesse?) but the month was almost over. Also back then Vol.1 wasn't really that much better than Vol.2 so a lot of people simply weren't bothering with Vol.1 and just spamming Vol.2

So yeah, can't wait to see reports about this month to see what changed, supposing anything changed of course.
Back then the meta was to go manaburn but, as I mentioned, there was that invincibility against all forms of damage issue (can it really be solved just with a simple WS from the back?)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-10 01:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It was broken last time.

Quote:
Resolved Issues
The issue with Intense Ambuscades wherein the Bozzetto High Vicar would become invulnerable under certain conditions.

The first move it does (did) gave it "increasing" DT ... and they simply forgot to make it stop at 99 instead of 100%

That's at least what seems to have happened.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-10 01:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In the video at the bottom, one of the party members says to attack the boss from behind to break the shield. Later on towards the end, they are stuck and can't damage it, but it looks like it takes damage if you ws it from behind when it uses wrath of G move. That's all I gathered from it.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-10 01:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Prepare for more completely insane REMA mat prices?
By Pantafernando 2019-01-10 01:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

January update is always the worst. At least dev team fixed quadavs before going on vacations.

Disapointing no ambuscade upgrade. Gonna need to keep inv -3 till they add more unknown amount of upgrade mat before they consider it complete.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-10 01:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's good this month was bare minimum. Just means they are going to make those ambuscade weapons ridiculously overpowered, and you'll have an extra month to get a weapon voucher and upgrade mats. The whole "further augments" thing kind of stamped that expectation
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-01-10 01:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeota said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
The DRG change is pretty cool, the DNC one is a bit of a disappointment though. The Presto change is pretty good, it makes DNC more competitive DPS-wise since you can cap daze with 2 prestos now. (less TP spent, less time wasted using abilities)
Well it turned terp into an even more incredible support weapon than it already was. On top of that, you get a whopping 7 FMs from a presto'd step!

It’s also pretty freaking great from a debuffing perspective. Two presto steps to cap any daze will encourage more people to put up useful stuff like Stutter or Feather Step, with way less tedium for the DNC. Or getting lv10 Box Step up a lot sooner in a zerg, etc. I kinda like it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2019-01-10 01:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a good thing that drg is still the only job potentially completely crippled for over 20 minutes if they die twice in a row... though that effect is slightly lessened with more jumps.

guess i'll just have to wait and hope another decade for something that won't come
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-01-10 02:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
If I recall the problem was the main boss becoming invincible after a while. A lot of people were reporting him stuck at 1% and no way to bring him down.

I think someone figured a way to solve that (was it Papesse?) but the month was almost over. Also back then Vol.1 wasn't really that much better than Vol.2 so a lot of people simply weren't bothering with Vol.1 and just spamming Vol.2

So yeah, can't wait to see reports about this month to see what changed, supposing anything changed of course.
Back then the meta was to go manaburn but, as I mentioned, there was that invincibility against all forms of damage issue (can it really be solved just with a simple WS from the back?)
Boss was impossible to defeat in VD when the BLM add was killed before it could use Manafont. Several groups managed to beat/farm VD but it took almost the entire month to figure how the bug worked + the gimmick with Imperfect Defense Shell.
By Hanzatsu 2019-01-10 03:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Strat for normal: ((Paladin/Warrior ---> boss ----> Paladin/Warrior ----> boss ----> blm trigger ----> boss -----> blm

Detailed version:

Fight boss - wait for adds, switch to warrior and paladin adds when they spawn

fight paladin add first to trigger 2hr invincible, switch to warrior add. kill warrior add - kill paladin add

fight boss again -- wait for blm warrior and paladin to re-spawn

DONT attack blm add yet.

Fight warrior and paladin add just how you did first time, trigger 2hr, kill warrior, kill paladin.

switch to boss again.

have one or two melee fight blm to trigger manafont. get off blm add. silence it (so that way it cant chainspell meteor)

switch back to boss and use weaponskills on boss every time it uses cure in order to do damage to it. eventually kill boss and then kill blm. (you may use stun when boss is curing itself)

GG's (Normal ambuscade)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-10 03:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did normal, RUN THF RDM WHM

Two adds, berserker and something mage-type summoned after aggro. I don't recall either 2hr'ed, but I might have missed it. Killed adds, around 66%, resummoned those same two adds. Kill 'em again. Around 50% I think, did benedication and summoned a single BLM. Did some move that wrecked us at some point, forgot when. I didn't see it cure itself, but it looks like it has regain and spammed Wrath of Gu'Dha which only does petri. Its shield only went down when it used that tp move.

Didn't do anything else special for the rest of the fight. Adds took full damage from a rdm nuker and it looks like the main nm took double nuke damage.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2019-01-10 03:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeota said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
The DRG change is pretty cool, the DNC one is a bit of a disappointment though. The Presto change is pretty good, it makes DNC more competitive DPS-wise since you can cap daze with 2 prestos now. (less TP spent, less time wasted using abilities)
Well it turned terp into an even more incredible support weapon than it already was. On top of that, you get a whopping 7 FMs from a presto'd step!

Uh, this has devalued Terp.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-01-10 04:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Some observations from VD Volume 1.

• Stunning after the first two adds die, when the MB's shell powers down, and zerging does not work. The MB will not drop below 1% until it has used Benediction at least once and he spawns new adds. They likely did this to prevent SMN burns.

• Benediction seems timed, with the time between uses increasing with each successive use.

• Do not kill all the adds or the MB will get access to his worst attacks and likely end the fight quickly. Leave the Elementalist alive but make sure you keep it silenced, as it has Meteor and Death.

• MB's defenses drop when it is casting Cure VI on one of his adds, use this window to damage him.

• MB is vulnerable to Addle, with the WHM in our group landing it more than a few times after Benediction. This leads me to believe having a RDM in the group might be a very good idea as Addle II will significantly increase Cure VI's casting time allowing for a much longer damage window.

I will try get a video out in the coming days.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-01-10 05:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I can gather for VD from Danpwr's clear on Twitch:

Intense VD Quadav Ambuscade

Starts around 3:41:26

Setup:
RUN COR GEO WHM BRD THF

Phase1:
•Kill both adds to drop Imperfect Defense from boss.
•Burn boss to 50% to force 1st Benediction.

Phase 2:
•Triggered after Bene #1.
•Pops Elementalist (BLM) that you need to damage, but not kill, and when boss heals the BLM, the boss will temp. take damage until Bene #2 (50%). You're basically saving TP to 3000 on everyone until it cures the BLM and unloading in the window when shield is down from it curing.
•Make sure to keep BLM silenced.

Phase 3:
•Triggered after Bene #2.
•Pops 2 more adds. Defiler - DRK, Disrupter - RDM
•Adds will be weak to either Magic, Physical or Ranged.
•Find a weakness and kill 1 add in addition to the Elementalist and boss will become weak when using TP moves and use Bene #3(50%).
•Bene #3 doesn't trigger a new phase and you can ignore the last add and keep killing boss via same method until the boss dies.
•This 'damage phase' is similar to phase 2, except its shield goes down when using TP moves instead of heals. Everyone should be saving TP until shield goes down and unloading when it drops.
•After Boss is dead, find weakness on last add and kill.
•Keep both adds silenced.
•COR is amazing for this. Leaden and Last Stand do great for Magic and Ranged add weaknesses.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-10 05:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically when you're in Phase3 you need to store TP with normal attacks (will they do at least 1 damage? Otherwise no TP gained...) and then spam WS the second boss uses a TP move.
Keep doing that until the end, through a third benediction.

Sounds very complicated and very long... Wonder if GEO will be enough to silence the BLM without focus/languor? Altough of course he can temp-swap the bubbles until Silence lands and then go back to the original bubbles (malaise/frailty probably? and Honor/Madri/Madri/Minu for BRD).

Supposing the fight lasts less than 13 mins you could exploit SV songs every run but from how you described it definitely sounds like something that will take more than 13 mins, at least on the first runs until everything is perfectly optimized.

Also I guess if damage is not too bad then RDM or SCH could take the place of the WHM, and any DD can take the place of the THF, unless THF is necessary for something specifically? (enmity management?)
 Asura.Schurzen
user: daNpwr
By Asura.Schurzen 2019-01-10 05:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Also I guess if damage is not too bad then RDM or SCH could take the place of the WHM, and any DD can take the place of the THF, unless THF is necessary for something specifically? (enmity management?)

THF is not necesssary, that was just our only dps on at the moment. You can def bring any DPS for sure. I was just being a scrub in the last run and not holding hate. I was multiboxing RUN BRD GEO in those runs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-10 05:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How long did your first VD runs take?
How bad was the incoming damage? Do you see other healers (SCH, RDM) viable or is WHM necessary for the sheer amount of required AoE cures and/or -na spells?
 Asura.Schurzen
user: daNpwr
By Asura.Schurzen 2019-01-10 05:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Once we got it down. No SV songs, 1hrs etc, 10mins or less.
I def see RDMs & SCHs viable. This month is very flex on what jobs you can bring. I will be attempting 5/6box tmrw (later today)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-10 05:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 10 mins? That's faster than I was expecting, you're getting my hopes up for this month now xD

Anybody wants a generic Aeonic DD, Idris GEO or pretty pimp RMEA ddBRD?
Someone invite meeee <3
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-01-10 05:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Third phase:
Boss and adds change their weakness/resistance to physical, magical or ranged attacks every time they uses Imperfect Shell Defense.

Fourth phase:
Boss is vulnerable when he readies Rage/Torment of Gu'Dha. The remaining add(s) stop using Imperfect Shell Defense and can no longer change their weakness but keep the last one they had before Bene.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-10 07:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Assuming this is the fight, Two videos from the same uploader from two years ago. Besides them killing adds, I see nothing unusual about this fight, and the video is normal (top) and difficult.

Ahhhh, those were the days. Back when BLU was king.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-01-10 09:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, it's hard for Vize to look things up when Kawar isn't keeping us updated on which browser to be using!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-01-10 09:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
To be fair, it's hard for Vize to look things up when Kawar isn't keeping us updated on which browser to be using!

made me lol in the office here, gonna have to go smoke before someone asks wtf.

thanks for that one. :D
[+]