Cant Update FFXI!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Cant update FFXI!!!
Cant update FFXI!!!
 Bahamut.Shadowskull
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shadow273
By Bahamut.Shadowskull 2009-10-10 15:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

need help.

got a new pc and i installed ffxi again.

playonline viewer update worked, but ffxi doesnt.

stuck @ 8471 datas left.

plz help
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-10 15:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much things i can suggest is make sure you are on normal POL viewer not windower, if its stuck on downloading you actually can exit it then go back in and start it up again. It should pick up where it left off on downloading.

If you still have the old PC and it was updated just burn the files to disc in the FFXI folder and drag drop and replace, just hit yes to overwrite. It will ask to do a file check but it will work once that finishes.

Hope that helps.
 Bahamut.Shadowskull
By Bahamut.Shadowskull 2009-10-10 15:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

never used windower and restared the 4th time now. still stuck @ 8941. restarted the pc twice ; ;
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-10 15:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing i can further suggest is copying files from the old PC and overwriting. It will just do a file check after and say completed.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-10-10 16:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

How is it stuck? does it just stay on that file and act like it's downloading? or do you get the hardrive error everytime it tries to download that file?

I personally used to get harddrive write errors from POL with and without windower... POL is crappy like that.

and in your first post you said @8471 and the second post said @8941 so you've made some progress or typo?
 Bahamut.Shadowskull
By Bahamut.Shadowskull 2009-10-10 21:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

sry was a typo. its stuck @ 8941 and keeps on downloading for like 1 hour with unknown time left and after that download is canceled
 Quetzalcoatl.Xedal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dalight
By Quetzalcoatl.Xedal 2009-10-10 21:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A) Try opening the ports to the POL servers (Most likely on your Router, because you would of been asked by most software firewalls by now), I can't remember them off the top of my head, but they are on the Playonline site somewhere.
B) Assuming you have installed FFXI off the disc, I would just overwrite with your old installation, it makes no difference as the .DLLs and Registry entries are already in place from the actual installation.

If you go with B, I'd suggest you follow up on A when you can, might will become troublesome if you can't update.

If you can't fix the issue with A, its highly likely to be your ISP somewhere down the line.

(Excuse me if I made any consistency errors in the above, its late and I'm quite tired)
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-10-11 03:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you got a PC with Vista make sure you started the whole process by installing the Vista client from the POL site and not the client from the CDs.