Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Loupon Dt Gear
Loupon Dt Gear
By Sieve 2018-12-05 22:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Loupon DT gear has to be equipped during the life span of the loupon for the loupon to keep the DT effect correct?

Can anyone point me to studies on this or have a good method for me to test the differences with loupon dt equipped vs unequipped?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-05 22:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how you can test how DT works?

*Think*

maybe getting hit by stuff?

Or just the obvious.
By Gruknor 2018-12-05 23:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Geomancer%27s_Thought_Bubble
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Luopan

Those are the two sites I often go back to incase I have any questions about Luopan survivability. You need to be wearing Luopan DT gear whenever the Luopan is out, but I try to cast the spell in fast cast gear. If you find out anything different please let me know.

"...they will despawn after 10 minutes regardless of how much health they have." - BG-wiki Geomancer's Thought Bubble Guide, I have never been bored enough to test out if it lasts ten minutes no matter how much hp it has.
[+]
By Sieve 2018-12-05 23:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Gruknor!

Although, neither of these pages mention needing to keep pet dt gear equipped for it to have an effect.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-12-05 23:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It will depop after 10min if it isn't destroyed first. Very easy to tell if you have sufficient pet regen and/or lasting emanation active.

Pet DT need to be kept on the master for it to be active. Same thing as player DT for players.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2018-12-05 23:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

just get hit by 1k needles with the luopan on top of either you or the enemy.

EDIT
not sure why you feel you need to test luopan:DT. Like pet:regen, pet:haste, and other effects on avatars & beastmaster pets; we understand it to work the same as equipping & unequipping a defending ring on ourselves.
If you however find your tests to be different than the above, I'm sure all geo's out there would be thrilled to learn and verify the findings.
I like whenever possible also testing things I am unsure the validity of, which is why I only now post this edit.

If your findings are as I suspect, then to maximize your role; pay attention to what the enemy is doing, don't start casting when it hasn't done a TP move or cast a spell for a while if at all possible since you are unlikely to cast things in full pet:DT gear. Also, when casting a luopan, feel free to wear conserve MP & occ. annul cost gear in extra slots since it shouldn't get hit before you swap to your idle set.
[+]
By Sieve 2018-12-06 00:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Chimerawizard. That sounds like a great way to test loupon dt!