Linking EU SE Account With NA POL (can't Use Security Token)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Linking EU SE account with NA POL (can't use security token)
Linking EU SE account with NA POL (can't use security token)
 Alexander.Reccaa
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: smileree
By Alexander.Reccaa 2009-10-09 14:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I got my security token.. opened an EU SE account, linked the token with SE account..

Then I went there to link my SE account to POL, but it did not accept.

After chatting with the agents, they basically told me EU SE accounts can't be linked to NA POL... an engineer will attend this issue & fix it.

That was a month ago.... I call the support everytime, and their reply is: "can't give you timeframe on this issue, wait for email from investigation team".

I'm screwed ;o;
Anyone have this issue? did it get resolved for you?

/sigh
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-10-09 23:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Call them back and tell them it's against the law to sell a product claiming it does something that it doesn't. Is there a warning when you buy them saying "only works in the US"?
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-10-10 00:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonioklaus said:
Call them back and tell them it's against the law to sell a product claiming it does something that it doesn't. Is there a warning when you buy them saying "only works in the US"?

I highly doubt making idle threats would help with anything other than wasting your time...

I'm pretty sure there is an EU version of POL, could you not just use that? (Of course you would probably need an EU copy of the game as well. I think its probably the same software but different registry keys mostly).

or

Is the issue that a token bought in NA being used with an EU SE account doesn't work?
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-10 00:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Reccaa said:

Then I went there to link my SE account to POL, but it did not accept

Could you explain exactly what you mean by this? I might be able to help if what I think this means is right.

Are you just saying that it didn't work when you tried to log in?

Anyways some players didn't realize that they had to setup their POL to authenticate using the One time password and SE ID.

If you haven't done this yet do so. Here's how it looks for me.

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z176/mightymulatto/?action=view&current=help.jpg
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-10-10 01:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Reccaa said:
So, I got my security token.. opened an EU SE account, linked the token with SE account..

Then I went there to link my SE account to POL, but it did not accept.

After chatting with the agents, they basically told me EU SE accounts can't be linked to NA POL... an engineer will attend this issue & fix it.

That was a month ago.... I call the support everytime, and their reply is: "can't give you timeframe on this issue, wait for email from investigation team".

I'm screwed ;o;
Anyone have this issue? did it get resolved for you?

/sigh

Are you in NA or EU?

If you are in NA and have a EU account or vice versa; you can't do anything to change your payments, account settings, pw, linking tokens, etc.

Wife had same problem when we lived in NA since her account was still a EU account tied to EU servers. We couldn't redo her PW when SE required it to be longer. We had to have my father-in-law change it. We couldn't even register new expansions.

Is your token a NA token or EU token?

Be more detailed w/ your problem. That way maybe we can find the root of the trouble since I doubt SE spends time doing anything besides twiddling their thumbs while they have their heads up their ***.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-10-10 02:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Feifongwong said:
Antonioklaus said:

I highly doubt making idle threats would help with anything other than wasting your time...

Worked for the class action against Blockbuster and various other businesses.
 Alexander.Reccaa
By Alexander.Reccaa 2009-10-10 11:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The exact nature of the problem is the following (taken from pol site after googling hard for it, which i wish the link was included in the packages):

Q Is security token usage restricted by region?
A No, security token usage is not restricted by region. However, you can only link Square Enix accounts and PlayOnline IDs that are from the same region. If you have a North American PlayOnline ID, please obtain a North American Square Enix account.

So basically, I'm screwed, because token is already linked to SE account.. which I'm prohibited to link to my NA POL account :(
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-10-10 21:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you perhaps contact support and see if they can unlink your token from your current EU account? And then just create a new NA SE acct to link it too.
 Alexander.Reccaa
By Alexander.Reccaa 2009-10-11 12:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That is what i asked.. they said they can't do that, and only investigation team can do something about it :( so I guess there is no solution but to wait for SE to solve it :( what a waste of money
 Hades.Lisamarie
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Lisamarie 2009-10-22 10:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

THIS happened to my bf account I'm so pissed off right now.... This is so stupid! Specially cause they ask you to link token BEFORE you link POL on your SE Account. Meaning if you're doing it wrong you just got screwed big time.

In our case he has EU POL account and created an NA Square-Enix ID. Linked the *** Security Token to the NA Square-Enix ID, which can't be linked to the EU POL Account.

This sucks so so so so so bad. Hate SE!
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-10-22 10:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Reccaa said:
That is what i asked.. they said they can't do that, and only investigation team can do something about it :( so I guess there is no solution but to wait for SE to solve it :( what a waste of money

I accidentally linked my token to SE EU account and my POL account is NA, it'll take awhile but they can/will delink it from the EU SE account.
 Hades.Lisamarie
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Lisamarie 2009-10-22 10:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Moldtech said:
Reccaa said:

I accidentally linked my token to SE EU account and my POL account is NA, it'll take awhile but they can/will delink it from the EU SE account.

THANK YOU! That gave me a little hope.
 Alexander.Reccaa
By Alexander.Reccaa 2009-10-23 06:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yah well they can... the agent reassured me that they can.. but it has been 6 weeks so far ;o;

damn se...
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-10-23 07:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

read the instructions. It says that you'll mess it up if you don't do it correctly. lol
 Alexander.Reccaa
By Alexander.Reccaa 2009-11-02 10:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I followed the instructions mentioned in the link that came with the package; it did not mentoin anything about that.

AFter using google for 10 minutes, I found a link where it did mention the issue.

Sorry, but that is just poor programming from their side; with the way globalism is right now, I'm surprised they still go by this structure and programming practice :S

anyway... as of today, still waiting :D