Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » WTB Regal Earring / Regal Gloves
WTB Regal Earring / Regal Gloves
By chads 2018-11-23 14:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all, currently don't have a group to grind out Ou pops, looking to buy these items from anyone who is running Ou and not looking for them.

Regal Earring
Regal Gloves

Will negotiate prices with seller!

By Boshi 2018-11-24 09:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gloves gonna be a lot more than that
[+]
By chads 2018-11-24 13:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fantastic reply, quality content. Really stretch that "posts:" number. Seriously though why do people even bother. Every single WTS or WTB thread the first 3 comments always have to be some dipshit drooling a comment onto the post about how it's either too high or too low.

Gloves are not going to be more than that, not if I am buying them. Regal Cuffs and Regal Gauntlets, sure. But not Gloves, or Captain's Gloves. They are /practically/ "useless". I only want them for a niche BRD build. In fact I literally sold a pair earlier this month from AMAN for... *GASP* 20m. Because their "rarity" is all they are really worth.

Are "lol pay more" or "lol offer less" posts reportable? Not that I want anyone to get banned or "punished" or anything but really why does that need to be said, at all?
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-11-24 13:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I would just skip regal gloves and go straight to raetic bangles +1 if you are su3 for bard.
[+]
By chads 2018-11-24 13:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, it's not quite accomplishing the same thing I wanted BUT -- It does help solve dual-wield BRD's Haste issue. Hmmm... I'll still look for the gloves but I'm going to start planning sets with Raetic as an option, possibly freeing up the legs slot to use Telchine?
 Asura.Ramsy
Server: Asura
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2018-11-24 15:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

35M and I'll get you the gloves
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-24 15:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason there are so many responses to WTB threads that comment on "not offering enough" or the like is because they come from people who aren't doing the content (in this case, Ou) frequently enough to understand what they are asking for.

You might value the drop itself at 20mil, and that's fine. You're more than welcome to seek someone selling them for that, and if you succeed, bravo. But when you're asking a group to give up a minimum of 6 runs (5 to build the popset, and then a stupid lucky 1/1 on Ou for the drop you want) to go after a drop you want, you're not just paying for the drop.

Several groups are done with Ou, and are literally doing nothing but 8 Keis a week for Shamash Robes (or fill in any of the lesser bosses) because that's all their members need/want from Omen any more. Your request to go after an Ou drop to that kind of group is actually a hassle.

Don't take these posts of "too cheap" as an insult. If the responder in question actually didn't give a ***whether you got your desired item, they wouldn't post at all. It's actually solid advice to try and reach more potential sellers.
[+]
By chads 2018-11-24 18:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for that, Cele, and I will choose to believe that's true -- and then my apologies to Boshi. Some times, ofc not always, the comment will be followed by something snarky.

I'll edit my original post to be willing to negotiate prices. That way both parties win. I get potentially more offers and the seller gets a price closer to whatever they have in mind, if not exactly that.