Plague Effect/abilities Vs Salvage Chariots.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Plague effect/abilities vs Salvage Chariots.
Plague effect/abilities vs Salvage Chariots.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-09 04:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I'm writing this is because I've always been curious about plague effects on the TP gain of Chariot type mobs, especially those in Salvage.

I remember once we were fighting Zhaylom Remnants 6th floor chariot and this thing was unusually hard to contain. Keeping it Slow II'd wasn't the issue but it kept using discharge and inertia stream pretty frequently.

Our lone SAM then simply walked up to it. He used Blade bash. For the next 20 seconds pretty much full containment. No TP moves of any kind.

I'm sure his stun effect couldn't have lasted that long. It's my guess that plague slowed it down a bit.

Anyways is there anyone actively using this tatic or dedicating merits to blade bash for that purpose?

We usually wouldn't have to resort to that sort of thing but on nights where we 5 or 6 man a boss I'd like to be able to use it.
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-10-09 04:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This doesn't really pertain to the effects of plague on TP, and I haven't done any salvage myself.. however It's my understanding that the monk job trait penance adds an effect to chiblast that inhibits tp gain for a certain period of time depending on the amount of merits invested in the trait. Personally my penance is only level 1.. so I'm not an expert on the subject, but my friends have mentioned on several occasions that mnk/nin are ideal tanks for these chariot mobs once they have (at least) maxed penance and counter, and use counterstance with relic feet macro'd at the activation for the bonus to the effect. Sorry if this is off topic, or if you already knew this, It's just what I heard.. so I thought I'd throw it out there ^.^
 Bahamut.Kelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-10-10 04:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

if it was above 25% it doesn't always ws the second it reaches 100, it's random, so that probably had something to do with it