DD for Endgame
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2018-11-06 20:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
When I see a WAR default to a Rag I put them on GEO or BRD, DRK would be no different. If that statement doesn't make sense, then you are not yet ready for high end DPS fights.

The thing with DPS jobs is you need to be a master of multiple skillsets, some of which you won't gain without playing mage and tank jobs. Putting that person in a DD role in a high end fight just results in a red greasy smear on the ground and them being carried.

[+]
 Asura.Smoky
Server: Asura
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-11-06 20:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make your own parties and you'll always be on your AG Rag DRK.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-11-06 20:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Quote:
THF has incredibly DPS potential but is very squishy.]Your text to link here...

No reason it should be. They can get some of the highest MEVA gear in the game (higher than almost all other melee DD) and should have some of the lowest hate generation by using TA on someone else.

...and evasion is actually viable in some places.

As a fellow THF I will say that I feel like a glass cannon most everywhere I go lol. Like seriously, If I'm not in my Hybrid set I find myself plastered onto the floor far too often unless I hold back.. Maybe there's more "Freedom" in Dyna? but everywhere else like Omen, I keep my trigger on the Hybrid set lol... It has great options for MEVA, and EVA but low HP and Defense is the problem I run into. Super fun job to play though and super powerful when maxed out.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-06 20:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Quote:
THF has incredibly DPS potential but is very squishy.]Your text to link here...

No reason it should be. They can get some of the highest MEVA gear in the game (higher than almost all other melee DD) and should have some of the lowest hate generation by using TA on someone else.

...and evasion is actually viable in some places.

As a fellow THF I will say that I feel like a glass cannon most everywhere I go lol. Like seriously, If I'm not in my Hybrid set I find myself plastered onto the floor far too often unless I hold back.. Maybe there's more "Freedom" in Dyna? but everywhere else like Omen, I keep my trigger on the Hybrid set lol... It has great options for MEVA, and EVA but low HP and Defense is the problem I run into. Super fun job to play though and super powerful when maxed out.

Eh I'm default in a "hybrid" set. As I full time an Ambu cape with 10% PDT and 2x Moonlight rings, so I'm at 20% PDT everywhere I go. I sub RUN for bonus to parrying, magic defense bonus, HP bonus and some elemental resistances. I have far more defensive sets I can use as an emergency, but I'm one of the last to die in almost everything I do.
By Afania 2018-11-06 20:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ariaum said: »
@the OP

Maybe post your gear, let some people try to help you so you can play end game DRK, at this point in the game there really is no wrong dd job. They can all be good some better in some niche way than others, its much less about the job and is more about the player.

Trying to strong arm your way into end game cause you have a AG rag seems....odd at best. It would probably be better to round yourself out more as a player, as in other jobs and gear them with the ability to play them. Than just to come here and cry about how no one wants drk, No one really wants someone with one job, and a dd to boot. I would think that probably this is more your problem than DRK in it self.

He already said he has other jobs, just prefers drk.
By emmawyatt 2018-11-06 20:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly though, i asked a simple question, and I appreciate the actual answers, however more than 75% of the responses are from trolls or elitists. So for the actual people that arent trolling the post, thank you for the information.
[+]
By nyheen 2018-11-06 21:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This is coming from a old school pup.. Bring what ever job you like and if you like drk be good at what you do. And show them what you got or make your own pts up. I done it many times in the past. Any job can be good at what you do. As long you put hard work
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-06 21:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like clockwork. Say Ragnarok and warrior in any given thread and see what happens. Guaranteed. Every. Damn. Time.
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-06 21:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally find it kinda ironic that one has to "work hard" in a video game and be the best before they can even play the game, lol. There are plenty of content that has minimal dps checks.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-11-06 21:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I personally find it kinda ironic that one has to "work hard" in a video game and be the best before they can even play the game, lol. There are plenty of content that has minimal dps checks.

It kinda sucks, but sometimes you have to build a job you don't like in order to make it far with a job you actually do like.

I made an Idris and pimped out GEO so I would at least be able to participate in end-game content. I hate GEO. But this allowed me to fund my baby jobs, DRG and DNC, which are now permitted in most endgame content.
By Afania 2018-11-06 21:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Afania said: »

It kinda sucks, but sometimes you have to build a job you don't like in order to make it far with a job you actually do like.

I made an Idris and pimped out GEO so I would at least be able to participate in end-game content. I hate GEO. But this allowed me to fund my baby jobs, DRG and DNC, which are now permitted in most endgame content.

For those whos brand new in 117 gears then sure. But OP said he has Rema and dt sets and still not allowed it because it's "not the best" weapon. Kinda excessive.

There will always be a mountain higher than another. There will always be another player better at a job, maybe because they are rich, read job forums 24/7 like no lifers, maybe they have more experience. With so many top end players in the community it's very tough to be the best. So the rest of us can't play DD unless they work equally as hard.

People here repeatly assumed OP can't play DD because he suck and unwilling to play mage. He may not be the "best" with an AG rag, but that shouldn't take away his chance to play the job.

Like Buukki said, AG rag is good enough for endgame, that's the point. If someone feel ag rag isn't good enough for their group, their opinions on someone who isnt in their group don't matter.