users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Server to start on
Server to start on
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2018-10-30 09:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i just seen these new weapons and torques dmg must be insane now everything has like +50% chance double dmg path A
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-30 09:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Demonsgate said: »
i just seen these new weapons and torques dmg must be insane now everything has like +50% chance double dmg path A

The fights are also quite difficult. you need multiple skilled players working well together. One player can mess up once, at the wrong time, and the fight is not recoverable. Then you start all over.

The fights get more difficult the more players there are in the alliance because of hp scaling.
So any player that is not contributing is literally making it more difficult for those who are.

Why should anyone put up with that trouble?

1. Merc work. They are being paid and compensated for the trouble.

2. Friendship, except if you are a friend, then you contribute instead of leach. If you are not able to contribute, then you improve yourself and make yourself able first.

3. If you just want to be a leech, go solo Monstrocity.
 Asura.Diggs
Server: Asura
user: Digg
By Asura.Diggs 2018-10-30 10:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It smells troll here
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-30 10:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing what I know right now about the game, Gain-EXP, buying and selling ***, saving cash for only important stuff...If I were to start completely over, after finishing quests/missions and all that garbage, I would have no issues farming/soloing/shouting my way back up an aeonic-ready character. I'd probably start out making a Relic first, but even still, it wouldn't be hard. A lot of players take for granted the ton of ***you can do just by forming your own things and not waiting on someone else to carry you.

I moved from Lakshmi to Asura, and for weeks, I shouted for htbf clears to get everything I needed. I leveled the jobs that were necessary for content (GEO, COR, RUN), and I was able to tag along and participate in a lot of content, shout or otherwise. Getting a LS isn't nearly as difficult anymore, people are quitting every day. You can just ask nearly any LS and they will likely invite you.

Stop being lazy and expecting to be carried, that ***is old and tired. You have more than enough resources to get a plethora of things done with minimal assistance. Any by the time you get "high level", you'll qualify to join a group to get some shinies.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-30 11:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Cerberus.Demonsgate said: »
max level gear ofcorse!

Then no.

I don't really support the mentality of ppl wanting help with top end gear but not showing any interest in improving themselves to get ready for the event.

i set is so often:
- I want this dagger X
* Why don you get it
- Im to weak to get it
* What about this dagger Y that is easier to get?
- Buts its not the best
* No... but its a Freaking improvement over your sparks gear and you can get yourself ready for the event for dagger X

I just cleaved 4 hours to level ls mates and get hem JP's and took some returning players through ambuscade so they can get ready to establish themselves.
I'm willing to help but don't ask me to play the game for you.
Valid point
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2018-11-05 14:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

yea think ill be comming back when new campain hits ffxiv is becomming very boring
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2018-11-05 16:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

People's help only goes so far unless you already have gear. But if you're starting at Bayld gear, there's a lot of work you need to do on your own.

If you end up on my server, send a shout out, but expect I will ask if you are done with RoV and RoE tutorial basic.
By Afania 2018-11-05 18:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Uh, "only one job" aka; the single most useful and overpowered job.

Just sayin'

(no, not smn)

Mnk?
SAM.

He probably meant cor. But damn, how things have changed. I still remember at one point of time applying to endgame ls was something like this:

"What job do you have?"
"Cor"
"Need blm sch geo run"(2016)

Or

"Need nirvana smn epeo run yagrush whm Rema brd" (2017)

Then whenever I try to gear cor I(the job itself, to be precise)got ***from people who think it's better to gear whm run geo whatever.

FFXI Cinderella =.=
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-11-05 18:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Just sayin'

(no, not smn)

Mnk?
SAM.

He probably meant cor. But damn, how things have changed. I still remember at one point of time applying to endgame ls was something like this:

"What job do you have?"
"Cor"

Or

Then whenever I try to gear cor I(the job itself, to be precise)got ***from people who think it's better to gear whm run geo whatever.

FFXI Cinderella =.=

Gear em all!
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-11-05 18:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear up PLD, RUN, COR, BRD or WHM to respectable levels and join Asura pug Aeonic shouts. You'll get it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-05 18:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lul he put respectable and asura in the same sentence, thats the funniest thing I've read all day.
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-05 19:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Just sayin'

(no, not smn)

Mnk?
SAM.

"What job do you have?"
"Cor"

Or

FFXI Cinderella =.=

Gear em all!

Nuuuuuuu Real CORs do them all. :D

Cor/blu tank with enmity set.
Cor/whm main heal.
Open sc with ranged attack like sch.
Do magical dmg like blm with leaden wf.

"the single most useful and overpowered job" Came from the fact that people worked so hard to make it shine. I always believe in the job, and pretty used it for everything, before this dyna D bandwagon even begin :)
By Afania 2018-11-05 19:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lul he put respectable and asura in the same sentence, thats the funniest thing I've read all day.

That's not nearly as much of an issue as PUG as form of pt itself, lol. I'm pretty anti-PUG, personally. The amount of trust between people in a PUG is so low, to the point that it really lowers pt efficiency.

I have zero problem with inexperienced people in a group that just need time to learn or gear. But in a ls or static people who invested time in it are likely to stay and retry for a couple of fails in a content, more so on a smaller server that if you quit a group you have no where to go.

In PUG People are less likely to stay. People would think this random person on internet who needs time to learn or don't have gear isn't worth their time that they'd better seek "better player" to play with instead. Essentially it's harder to get a group to work due to the lack of synergy.

If I have a choice between getting content done in a group v.s PUG, the former would be my choice all day everyday.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-05 19:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

"the single most useful and overpowered job" Came from the fact that people worked so hard to make it shine. I always believe in the job, and pretty used it for everything, before this dyna D bandwagon even begin :)

not to ***in your cheerios, but it has nothing to do with you as players and everything to do with square not having a single solitary idea of how to balance something.

You're not pioneering anything, you're not inventing something that hadn't been done, just simply exploiting their stupidity.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-05 19:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That^

COR was always a capable job that took a lot to truly shine, but it didn't always have built in 24-48 DT on weapons that are already BiS.
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-05 20:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

not to ***in your cheerios, but it has nothing to do with you as players and everything to do with square not having a single solitary idea of how to balance something.

You're not pioneering anything, you're not inventing something that hadn't been done, just simply exploiting their stupidity.

I was joking about different role on cor/whm, obviously.....kinda shocked that you can't tell >.>

What I meant was that, the job was already very endgame capable before dyna D, and made noticeable difference in the setup. Case to the point, this is how fast people kill kist and neak in 2016 with 4 (no offense to the video creator or anything, just using the link):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bSgedtTjQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHzB5dB4rfc

Add a cor in that 4 man pt for leaden and the amount of sc required to kill can be cut in half. So 1 sc kill on kist and 2 sc kill on neak instead of 4. That's 100% dps increase by adding 1/4 of pt size, well worth it from organization pov.

And even then community rarely recognize it, nor use it. People back then didn't go "oh I heard leaden can do 99999 on neak/maju/woc so I'm gearing it", it's not too different from leaden doing 99999 on wave 3 boss now. Leaden has always been 99999 + 99999 capable in endgame since 2015.

And what was people's pov on the job at that time? "Not a real DD, worse support than geo."

So yeah, things certainly has changed.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
That^

COR was always a capable job that took a lot to truly shine, but it didn't always have built in 24-48 DT on weapons that are already BiS.

It's not the 24 dt that made it shine though, it's avg 50k+ leaden on wave 3 boss, and the fact that cor spam it nearly as fast as 2h DD too. No one would give a damn to cors 24 dt if boss resist leaden. And Rostam isn't even bis for savage build, I probably won't even use Rostam on wave 3 boss if leaden do 5k instead of 50k-99999.

Dt is just icing on the cake, the fact that pt kill speed drastically improves with the cor in pt is what makes it strong. And it's been that way since long time ago.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-05 21:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya know, I understand the "real" reason behind a lot of the ***they do, but I legit can't figure the *** out who/how/why they thought Rostam was a good idea.

Aside from the fact that it's just absolutely abhorrently brokenly op, it's still a *** dagger and not a gun.

They didn't give ranger an axe, so why did cor get a dagger. And 10% WSD on the good ws is equal to 100% WSD on the bad ws's.
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-05 21:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, at first I did thought cor is slightly OP right after update, but after more and more report about wsd glitch, and played with wsd reso set in ambu yesterday myself, I'm now leaning toward that other DD has much bigger increase as a whole than cor on anything that resists leaden. The power creep from multi hit ws is pretty noticeable even with eyeball.

If anything I feel it's certain job with 1 hit ws as their strongest got ***on, such as thf. Since savage blade is 2hit, it also gets less increase.

So I'd argue that war drk run mnk etc has bigger dmg increase as physical dmg dealer than cor since sept.

Leaden has always been this strong, but most of the endgame nm before dyna either resist it or not melee friendly. So by comparsion cor's dps on wave 3 boss seems unreal because spamming 50 to 99k leaden over and over in melee pt was never a recognized high lv endgame strat before.

If NM in any subsequent content resist leaden again, then the benefit of Rostam would be minimal, imo. Since FUA doesn't work offhand its not the best offensive choice for savage. Pretty confident that's what SE would do based on how they balance job in the past.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-11-05 21:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Up to -24%DT from a single slot is pretty stupid tho

Rostam does more in a single slot than some job's entire af/relic sets give in total
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-05 22:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean you get 100 acc 100 racc 100 macc 434 Mdmg and 255 macc skill, while still getting to use your mythic/Aeonic/empyrean gun, while wearing 5 defending rings. On top of getting to wear 5 STP rings.

What kind of crack do you smoke to get that as balance.
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-07 11:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean you get 100 acc 100 racc 100 macc 434 Mdmg and 255 macc skill, while still getting to use your mythic/Aeonic/empyrean gun, while wearing 5 defending rings. On top of getting to wear 5 STP rings.

What kind of crack do you smoke to get that as balance.

If you want to say it that way then sureee.........

I mean I don't know how wear 5 defending rings came from since majority of time we get 12 dt(2 roll + 1 rostam mainhand, offhand is meh) at most. Rostam offhand doesn't even produce higher leaden salute than rapier +1 offhand. We haven't do 4 rolls in event for long long time so 2 rolls is what we can reasonably get.

Terra staff is lv 51 gears with 20 pdt in one slot. Brd cast elegy in it, mages nuke in it, SMN used it, tanks tank in it, for 10(?) years.

Rostam isn't first "high dt in one slot with other utility" weapon but meh.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-11-07 15:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lol comparing it to terra staff
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-07 15:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I don't know how wear 5 defending rings came from since majority of time we get 12 dt(2 roll + 1 rostam mainhand, offhand is meh) at most. Rostam offhand doesn't even produce higher leaden salute than rapier +1 offhand. We haven't do 4 rolls in event for long long time so 2 rolls is what we can reasonably get.

Are you actually saying that you wouldn't use 2 Rostams when meleeing if you had 2 Rostams? Sure, spike leaden drops ever so little, but you gain 30-50 m.acc(I assume ws.acc on rapier won't effect leaden m.acc, but not sure I've seen a test?) and 12-24 DT. You get an entire hybrid set for an extremely minimal amount of damage loss with 2 CORs.

I haven't used any other main/sub since getting mine.

You're also getting the 25 SB II if mainhanding path B, without even making a sacrifice to the weapon you're wsing with. Applied across 4/6 DPS, you can probably field a 6 dps alliance and still be eating <3000tp moves.
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-07 16:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you actually saying that you wouldn't use 2 Rostams when meleeing if you had 2 Rostams?

It depends. I would offhand Rostam if I don't feel safe, and vice versa.

You get an entire hybrid set for an extremely minimal amount of damage loss with 2 CORs.

I'm not denying Rostam is really really good, I was against augment work offhand BECAUSE Rostam is really good.

But screaming "cor gets 48 dt so op" "5 defending rings!!!!!!" without mentioning the condition is oversimplifying, and made it sound more OP than it really is.

Like I said, I havent get 4 rolls for really really long time, just that cut the dt gain by half. So Im not getting 5 defending rings at all. 48% is lower than 50% anyways.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-07 16:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I bring 2 COR to everything. You have been advocating 2 COR since before Rostam for ambuscade, which is 6 man content. With it being the most overpowered DPS job right now, and current bandwagon, it's not very difficult to find two.

I think that in most cases, if you want 2 CORs for that 48 DT you'll get them. You personally not using it much doesn't mean it's not spreading hugely throughout the game. It's utterly ridiculous that a setup like WAR COR COR BRD GEO WHM can field 50% DT with their damage output.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-11-07 16:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania, weren't you one of the people complaining about BLU being too tanky and versatile while also dealing too much damage? And yet you don't see the issue with having an almost capped -DT% while not even having to swap into a hybrid set? You can nearly cap damage mitigation without sacrificing a single gear slot besides your weapons, which is hardly a sacrifice considering how powerful Rostam's other stats are.

And yet Cocoon was too much.

Cerberus.Boogs
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-11-07 16:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I bring 2 COR to everything. You have been advocating 2 COR since before Rostam for ambuscade, which is 6 man content. With it being the most overpowered DPS job right now, and current bandwagon, it's not very difficult to find two.

I think that in most cases, if you want 2 CORs for that 48 DT you'll get them. You personally not using it much doesn't mean it's not spreading hugely throughout the game. It's utterly ridiculous that a setup like WAR COR COR BRD GEO WHM can field 50% DT with their damage output.

Maybe it is server dependent. CORs are a dime a dozen. DD CORs that are well geared are few and far in between. Given the price of Rostam on some servers (even Asura prices) and the upgrades needed on them, well geared DD CORs with fully aug’d Rostam seem as rare as Omen body drops. Not saying I have not seen them — we have one in our LS. But it is also the only one I have seen on our server (during our game times).
By Afania 2018-11-07 16:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Afania, weren't you one of the people complaining about BLU being too tanky and versatile while also dealing too much damage?

And yet you don't see the issue

This is false.

I'm not denying Rostam is really really good, I was against augment work offhand BECAUSE Rostam is really good.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52780/new-rema-augments-full-list/10/

I literally post 5 pages of things explaining why su5 Rostam shouldn't work offhand because dt+FUA x2 is too strong. I said rostam is really good last post. I even said rostam dt combo with FUA is op for leaden spam. How is it NOT recognizing Rostam is too good?

My issue is the wording. People used the term "5 defending rings" to describe it. This is excessive. People act as if cor was not already a very good job until Rostam is added, and Rostam dt is the entire reason behind cor being good, this is false too.

Cor has always been very very good before Rostam, that's my point. Rostam is very very good, but it's not 5 defending rings either.

My issue is not about cor and rostam being OP or not op, its about people simplify the issue by acting as if our world is pure black or pure white with no grey area in between.

why do we have to use the wordings like "5 defending rings!!!!" Instead of "Rostam dt is really good with 4 rolls up and dual wield both"? 5 defending rings dont even have equal dt to 2 rostam and 4 rolls.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-11-07 16:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost every OP job was good before it became OP, what's your point

Dual Wielding 2 Rostam with 4 rolls is approximately equal to wearing 5 defending rings. They aren't wrong.
By Afania 2018-11-07 17:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost every OP job was good before it became OP, what's your point

Dual Wielding 2 Rostam with 4 rolls is approximately equal to wearing 5 defending rings. They aren't wrong.

I was responding to other posters who seems to argue that Rostam was the entire reason behind cor's position now, not you.

I'd argue that leaden salute is the reason, not rostam.

"Dual Wielding 2 Rostam with 4 rolls is approximately equal to wearing 5 defending rings" isn't what they said. Have they said that I wouldn't say anything because that's more precise than "5 defending rings!!!!"