First Page 2 3 4 5
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-10-10 10:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
tl;dr: Better to do new SR if you lack a few max pieces from specific bosses and don't want any specific drop or just stick to normal one?

I'm on the fence. In three years I still have yet to see more than three pairs of Amn Greaves, 3 pairs of Samnuha Tights and 3 Samnuha Coates... Not sure which is a better system yet...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-10 10:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going after a "few" pieces with nothing in particular you're eager to get, definitely normal path because you get 3 bites at the apple. The new path looks like it's intended for people who are trying to zero in on one specific boss, to up their odds for one (or several) specific items. You'll probably burn a ton of bayld on the new path trying to get one thing, you may just roll the dice on normal and take whatever you can get, since it's guaranteed drops (not bosses)
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2018-10-10 10:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This new sr setup is much better for gear. You can target what you want instead of dicerolling for the boss and then for the drop.
By Pantafernando 2018-10-10 10:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like an usual SE tactic: makes a content with bad drop rate, then next month add a "new" campaign with boosted drop rate being "boosted" separated in 2 tier so they can call it 2 differents cmpaigns.
[+]
By Aerix 2018-10-10 12:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If SR bosses drop decanters into personal pool, then this new path is infinitely better than the old one for multiboxers simply because you don't have to click through Malobra's dialogue a hundred times for each account. Saves a shitton of time in the long run.

Plus, drop rates aside, they did say that there's a higher chance of getting a good augment. That alone makes it worth doing.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-10 12:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

All they effectively did was make it harder for people that would want to run the old style to do so.

They didn't really improve the drop rate since its too low.

It can still take a thousand teodor either way to get capped tights. While literally faster minutes/item its no faster kills/item so factor in queue times and its a wash.
 Lakshmi.Rylis
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2018-10-10 12:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm noticing an inconsistent mitigation rate on scherzo since update. Was working on Selkit's Hell scissors just fine last night right before update, today it's letting through multiple full potency scissors. Switched to Oryx, scherzoed August which usually makes him pretty much invincible, and he got one-shot on the first lightning spear. I took multiple 900 lightning spears before being one-shot with a 2200. This is with +8 Scherzo.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-10-10 12:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
All they effectively did was make it harder for people that would want to run the old style to do so.

It can still take a thousand teodor either way to get capped tights. While literally faster minutes/item its no faster kills/item so factor in queue times and its a wash.

Queue times will inevitably die down, probably within a week or two. New way will end up faster in the long term for people that target a specific drop.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-10-10 12:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

heh, I wonder how RNGs feel in game now that "RNG" (Random Number Generation) is the current Hot-Topic across multiple games.

"God damn RNG"
random RNG dude - "wait, what'd I do wrong?"
lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-10 12:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The good thing is this adds an extra little something I can do every night before bed as a progressive solo goal. Solo Omen Cards, CP a lil, burn through Accolades > Spam a dozen or so SR for a potential capped item. Didn't have the patience or skill to attempt soloing 3 bosses, this is much easier and quicker as a side project.

This also sets up the possibility, as mentioned a few posts above, that a SR campaign will come soon.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-10 12:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I mean you need real numbers but

If it's possible to get 4 items @ 4 tiers still a 1/16 on a 1/5

Classic 1%
By Aerix 2018-10-10 12:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

This will pretty much only be an Asura/Odin problem in a couple of weeks. Tough luck.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-10 12:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't anticipate this being a one boss fight. Once congestion dies down, it's a really cheap and easy way to fight for a drop. Its effectively an NM drop from a force spawn, in a sense.

Do the bosses give capacity points at least?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-10 13:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The better option would've been an incanter raises 1 stat by 1 point. It'd still take 100+ kills to get max, and it wouldn't feel (as) insulting making progress kill by kill.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-10 14:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing dropped and no there is no CP.

Bummer. Would have been a convenient addition so you're getting something in the meantime. Oseem 2.0, Bayld version.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-10-10 14:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nothing dropped and no there is no CP.

Bummer. Would have been a convenient addition so you're getting something in the meantime. Oseem 2.0, Bayld version.

Damn that is accurate xD
By clearlyamule 2018-10-10 14:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't anticipate this being a one boss fight. Once congestion dies down, it's a really cheap and easy way to fight for a drop. Its effectively an NM drop from a force spawn, in a sense.
Easier for sure. Cheap though idk... does it cost less to enter? Because if not based on what rates look like probably going to cost more bayld to obtain what you want this way
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-10 14:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It might cost more bayld. Or it might not. If you are concerned with getting nothing for your troubles, stick to path 1. SR From the beginning way always a waste of bayld. They specifically added this one for a different audience. People can solo faster, perhaps at the cost of more bayld, but targeted. You KNOW what you're going for, but might not get it. Path 1 you KNOW you're going to get something, it just might not be what you want. Or it might.

Pick your random, new path speeds up and narrows down that process, at the expense of getting nothing. Deliberate SE maneuver to make you choose.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-10-10 16:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone getting shorted on Beads? I was grinding Quetz the last few days and getting 1010 no problem. Solo or a Group.

I solo'd him twice today.. 510 beads
Killed with a group while sonic thrusting all the adds/everytime, restoring breath, busting out damage, etc.. 510 beads again.

Did something break/change?

Disregard lol.. forgot the blessings reset. So used to having them active almost full time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-10 16:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, and no, Blessing for double beads is likely missing
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-10-10 16:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Anyone getting shorted on Beads? I was grinding Quetz the last few days and getting 1010 no problem. Solo or a Group.

Killed with a group while sonic thrusting all the adds/everytime, restoring breath, busting out damage, etc.. 510 beads again.

The Reisenjima blessings are down after every update. Once you kill a few, the double beads blessings will be back so you'll be seeing the 1010 again.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-10-10 16:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

The Reisenjima blessings are down after every update. Once you kill a few, the double beads blessings will be back so you'll be seeing the 1010 again.

Yeah I feel stupid for not realizing that. Been gone from game for a bit and I forgot all about it.
[+]
 Asura.Truece
user: Truece
By Asura.Truece 2018-10-11 08:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a besieged on Asura. Everything definitely seemed to progress much faster.

I don't remember seeing that they were buffing the mobs in any way, but this one seemed to last a few minutes longer than I was expecting considering the number of people in the zone.

Level 1 preparing @ 0633
Level 4 preparing @ 0725
Level 5 preparing @ 0755
Level 6 preparing @ 0810
Level 7 preparing @ 0824
Level 8 preparing @ 0835
Level 8 advancing @ 0912
Undead Swarm arrived @ 0928
Undead Swarm retreated @ 0936
46 people in the zone at conclusion
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-11 09:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Besieged been needed an update. Should it really take over 5 hours to "Prepare", then another 30 minutes to "Advance" by walking, only to be killed in 3 minutes and then immediately warp out upon defeat?
 Asura.Grievance
user: ringly
By Asura.Grievance 2018-10-11 18:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

just did a t3 ein and got 2400, someone did behind me and got normal. glich?
By Fynlar 2018-10-13 22:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried to learn BLU spells from the Vagary boss BCNMs?

I'm gonna assume it's similar to something like learning Mighty Guard from Shinryu and that it IS possible to learn, but I've yet to hear of anyone else trying and I'd rather not keep throwing myself at Putraxia BC if it's a fruitless endeavor (did three rounds already, no luck so far). Proving a negative is, as ever, annoyingly difficult.

It's the only BLU spell I'm missing, and I'd like to knock it out, even if the spell is probably completely useless.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-10-14 00:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fynlar said: »

I'm gonna assume it's similar to something like learning Mighty Guard from Shinryu and that it IS possible to learn, but I've yet to hear of anyone else trying and I'd rather not keep throwing myself at Putraxia BC if it's a fruitless endeavor (did three rounds already, no luck so far). Proving a negative is, as ever, annoyingly difficult.

It's the only BLU spell I'm missing, and I'd like to knock it out, even if the spell is probably completely useless.

It's possible
By DaneBlood 2018-10-14 00:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Fynlar said: »

It's possible

I can confirm this too
By DaneBlood 2018-10-14 02:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Besieged been needed an update. Should it really take over 5 hours to "Prepare", then another 30 minutes to "Advance" by walking, only to be killed in 3 minutes and then immediately warp out upon defeat?

I dont mind the prepare time. the short battle is makaing it meh to me
put in a order of magnitude amount of mobs and hell yeah