Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-12-11 15:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
If that was really the plan all along, Schumer and Pelosi are smarter than I thought.

Vic's a fanboy. Reserve your judgment until all is said and done.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-12-11 15:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If that was really the plan all along, Schumer and Pelosi are smarter than I thought.

I really highly doubt that
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-12-11 15:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Schumer got under his skin by mocking him and Trump just melted down. It was great. And what the hell was Pence even doing there?

Trump has been offered 1.3b for border security and none of it for the wall (just like last year) or he can shut the gov't down. Either way, he loses his agenda.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-12-11 16:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Its not that Schumer and Pelosi are smarter than you thought, its Trump is stupider than we can imagine.

Trump now owns any government shutdown single handedly. The rest of the GOP can say truthfully say they had nothing to do with it.
By Nausi 2018-12-11 17:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

(Trump is surely done this time part 18463836)
By Nausi 2018-12-11 17:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If democrats want to broadcast they are against border security, that’s their funeral.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-12-11 19:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

dat orange sauce so salty... is a so.. very salt
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-12-11 19:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Today was definitely not Rep Steve King’s day.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-12-11 20:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Schumer got under his skin by mocking him and Trump just melted down. It was great. And what the hell was Pence even doing there?

Trump has been offered 1.3b for border security and none of it for the wall (just like last year) or he can shut the gov't down. Either way, he loses his agenda.

Yeah he’s not really grasping that his hyper partisan petulant behavior isn’t going to give him any leverage with the Dems controlling the proverbial purse strings.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-12-11 20:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also:

By Viciouss 2018-12-11 21:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

New allegations of GOP misconduct in North Carolina

Quote:
The chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party said Tuesday that a new election in the state’s Ninth Congressional District may be necessary after reports that early voter data was improperly leaked by the elections board in Bladen County, where state officials are already investigating possible electoral fraud.

Democrats allege that data was leaked exclusively to Republicans, giving them an advantage before Election Day.

The statement by the chairman, Robin Hayes, appeared to bring state Republicans one step closer to acknowledging that the November election, which their candidate, Mark Harris, had apparently won by 905 votes, may need to be nullified and a new election called.

Same election, new scandal.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-12-11 21:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

Yeah he’s not really grasping that his hyper partisan petulant behavior isn’t going to give him any leverage with the Dems controlling the proverbial purse strings.

Because they don't like him behaving like them?
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-12-11 22:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Because they don't like him behaving like them?

Nobody in US politics behaves like Donald Trump except Donald Trump.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-12-12 06:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct. But you'll need better adjectives than "hyper partisan" and "petulant", because those describe a vast majority of Congress and the media. And judging by recent threads, we can throw FFXIAH there too.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-12 06:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct. But you'll need better adjectives than "hyper partisan" and "petulant", because those describe a vast majority of Congress and the media. And judging by recent threads, we can throw FFXIAH there too.

They angry cause he broke all the rules that they carefully setup to get themselves elected. The entire system of "political correctness" thought control the left has been pushing onto everyone in the world was turned on it's head when the President of the USA gave it a giant middle finger.

The way Trump talks and acts actually makes him more likable not less. Hyper leftists like zero will never vote for him regardless of how he acts, it's all about those rural and centrist voters.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-12-12 07:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently the vast majority of Congress is Republican until Jan 2 so what exactly are you trying to say?

Your “feels” aren’t reflecting reality
By fonewear 2018-12-12 08:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
Its not that Schumer and Pelosi are smarter than you thought, its Trump is stupider than we can imagine.

Trump now owns any government shutdown single handedly. The rest of the GOP can say truthfully say they had nothing to do with it.

Good we should shut down the government forever. Person with the most bullets will be in charge !
[+]
By Nausi 2018-12-12 08:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

New allegations of GOP misconduct in North Carolina

Quote:
The chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party said Tuesday that a new election in the state’s Ninth Congressional District may be necessary after reports that early voter data was improperly leaked by the elections board in Bladen County, where state officials are already investigating possible electoral fraud.

Democrats allege that data was leaked exclusively to Republicans, giving them an advantage before Election Day.

The statement by the chairman, Robin Hayes, appeared to bring state Republicans one step closer to acknowledging that the November election, which their candidate, Mark Harris, had apparently won by 905 votes, may need to be nullified and a new election called.

Same election, new scandal.
Still just allegations and no evidence.
By Nausi 2018-12-12 08:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What isnthe democrats endgame here.

Do they think walls dont work? Do they think the public wants to have open borders? Or do they think they can sell the idea that 1.3 billion is enough for a 15 billion wall?
By Viciouss 2018-12-12 08:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They think the public just voted down the wall and know there are no consequences to saying yes to border security and no to a wall, since they aren't remotely the same. The same offer from last year is on the table, 1.3b for border security, zero for the wall.

Also, I like how you tried to lower Trump's 25b estimate to 15. Not that it matters, its getting 0.
By Nausi 2018-12-12 08:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao at “the public just voted down a wall”, what an completely uninformed and idiotic thing to say.

The public voted Trump in for the wall and rhey just expanded his senate majority.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-12-12 08:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They think the public just voted down the wall and know there are no consequences to saying yes to border security and no to a wall, since they aren't remotely the same. The same offer from last year is on the table, 1.3b for border security, zero for the wall.

Also, I like how you tried to lower Trump's 25b estimate to 15. Not that it matters, its getting 0.

“Border Security (a function of government) is very important! If I can’t get the funding I want to build a wall; then I will gladly shutdown down the government!!!”

“Yeah, but gladly shutting down the government means you gladly shutdown border security”
By Zerowone 2018-12-12 08:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Lmao at “the public just voted down a wall”, what an completely uninformed and idiotic thing to say.

The public voted Trump in for the wall and rhey just expanded his senate majority.

By 2. Whereas in Congress the public’s opinion swung 40 seats in the opposite direction.
By Viciouss 2018-12-12 08:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You can tell the game plan for the next two years is going to be to ignore the House wave and focus on winning two red states in the Senate, which we already know mocking that fact gets under Trump's skin.
Nothing gets passed without the Dem's blessing, and there are zero consequences to saying no to Trump's tantrums. We aren't building a wall, Trump can initiate a Trump shutdown for Xmas, its not going to change anything.
By Viciouss 2018-12-12 08:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Its funny to see Lindsey Graham say take the wall to the public, um, you just did, the whole purpose of the budget this year was to take the wall to the public, and they said no. All leverage lost.

The farm bill is getting passed this week, after taking it to the public, the GOP agreed to strip out the Trump demands for food stamp requirements, that agenda is dead. So, we know they understand they lost the election, its just getting through to the dumbass in the WH.
By Nausi 2018-12-12 09:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »

By 2. Whereas in Congress the public’s opinion swung 40 seats in the opposite direction.

By any objective gistoric measure, Trump received less of the standard midterm than a majority of recent presidents, clearly the public thinks he a better president than Clinton AND Obama.

Us once you factor all the illegitimate seat they got through “harvesting”, it don’t mean ***.

Thanks for playing, please try again.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-12-12 09:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Midterm swing*
By Nausi 2018-12-12 09:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Commiefornia is now trying to tax text messages! Not just going forward but retroactively going back 5 years.

What a shithole.
By Viciouss 2018-12-12 09:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I would ask for a source but I know you can't provide one other than your fantasies.

Only one case of voter fraud occurred, committed by the Republicans in North Carolina. That's the only illegitimate result, and there is a new election on the way.

And we still aren't building a wall :)
By Zerowone 2018-12-12 09:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I would ask for a source but I know you can't provide one other than your fantasies.

Only one case of voter fraud occurred, committed by the Republicans in North Carolina. That's the only illegitimate result, and there is a new election on the way.

And we still aren't building a wall :)

That was election fraud which is worse.

Clearly Nausi lives in a bubble insulated from the reality that red voters in blue states like California got *** over on the “tax cuts” and expressed their opinion in the voting booth.

If you act like a piece of ***and people react in kind clearly they’re just *** conspiring against you. Since clearly you can’t expected be held accountable or take responsibility for your shitty behavior.

Which is why it’s easier for him, apparently an other, to buy in on a far fetched fantasy.

But hey it’s not like Democrats are denying election winners their seats, cause you know that would be a pretty shitty thing to do:

https://theintercept.com/2018/12/06/lindsey-williams-pennsylvania-state-senate/
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133