Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Dam Imps
Dam Imps
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-10-07 15:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i have been trying to get Frenetic Rip for about 1.5 months now and i can't seem to get the dam horn to break i have tried EVERYTHING CA>Sickle Slash and other spells and nothing i Vorpal Blade it nothing can anyone please help me out i have had to stop leveling BLU thanks to these lil ***....
 Fairy.Antigone
Server: Fairy
user: jarredpoe
By Fairy.Antigone 2009-10-07 15:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are you fighting them? I found it easiest to get it from the ones in beast owned campain battles, just dont join the campain. I havent gotten it yet but I have helped 4 other people get it there and it never takes to long.
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Server: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-10-07 15:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I fight them in the Mire west exit from nash...
 Fairy.Deist
Server: Fairy
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-10-07 15:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I found this one is best to duo.

Try to get someone with a pole arm, and you as a BLU can use Vorpal blade - have someone with a pole arm, and I think the pole arm version is Vorpal Thrust. Just do the two back to bak - horn broke every time I did that.
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-10-07 15:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way to do this in my experience is to have the learner sub nin and tank while a 75 BLU/THF doesn't engage and just CASA's Sickle Slash.

Camp is Graveyard in Mire.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-07 15:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternatively, get a MNK with Destroyers and crit merits. I know it doesn't sound as reliable but with a crit coming every two attack rounds, you have higher chances of a break, and also higher chances of the mob actually living long enough to use Frenetic Rip.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-10-07 16:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

or you could find a war friend to come out and burn mighty strikes on one of those imps. tada!
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-07 16:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a friend go on mnk and just beat the ***out of it Tyson style. Took a few, but we also got Yawn at the same time. We did it at the grave yard.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-07 16:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I find just have a blu and duo them for crap xp. Just randomly going to a camp for spinal cleave I cleared the imps out and got 2 in a row to use the move getting the other lower lvl blus the spell.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-10-07 16:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard that dnc steps can also cause breaks like a crit, though I never got chance to personally test it since I heard about it after I got all of those spells.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-07 17:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not even realy sure how I got mine. I tried forever and never saw the move. Then I quit blu for a few months come back dreading needing to get the spell... and somehow I had it lol.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-10-07 17:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a high level DRG of PLD friend with staff high up get them a thunder staff for the critical hit boost and have them go to town on the imps on the western side of the mire in the graveyard.

If that doesn't work you can always fight the NM imp for "The Die Is Cast"

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/The_Die_Is_Cast
 Shiva.Sutoni
Server: Shiva
user: Sutoni
By Shiva.Sutoni 2009-10-07 18:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

another key to gettin it broken is not only crit hit but try to ws when the imp swings at you its may not be key but timing is certainly a factor if your doin it outside nash since only a limited number of imps
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-07 19:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you can learn from campaign with or without tags but I've broken imps horn there like 5 times in one battle with 1 imp lol
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-07 21:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyones offered good advice, but as for SA sickle slash, I'd just use SA on its own personally. They die pretty quick, so just get someone to tank it (in the graveyard - careful of skeles at night though of course) while you stand there and SA it once a minute, don't even bother meleeing. That's if you don't have mnk or thunder staff etc as mentioned above, otherwise just melee them down since there's three there and they pop every 5 minutes.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
By semimmortal 2009-12-01 00:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro Bump (just wanted to post that "might" help, plus waiting for the game update after reinstalling):

It's learnable from the Campaign imps, just... I tried it at 63 and it didn't go as well as planned...
1st waiting for those mobs to show up,
2nd is getting the imps without the links,
3rd's the worst, being frenetic'd about a dozen times - imp looks at the clock "Oh dear, tea time!" heads back to colony... FFFUUU-

Then I decided to just head to Nashmau (spelling?) and head to the Mire... But, on the ferry, I've found that green penguin and a kraken killed them both, learned Malestorm and Yawn. Night then dropped by (I think I fell unconscious on board and missed my stop) and "Imp, Found it!".

Sprout Smack, Sandspin, used all the steps I had (/dnc btw) and... and... Frenetic Rip used?! CA ~> EAT SHIT AND DIE! (not dead, I kinda wished it did) with a nice message after beating it saying I've learned Frenetic Rip.

Later went, on BRD and merited (feels sooo good at that moment when ppl when ***-talk to me :3)
New Permanent Ability Trait: Masochism