Einherjar Items?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Einherjar Items?
Einherjar Items?
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-10-07 11:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Drk Whm Rdm War Sam Blm @ 75.

I have Morgana's Chocker and Omega Ring currently and don't really know what to do for the next.

Iota Ring for 2H?
Kubira Bead Necklace for moar str on ws?
Delta Earring for whm can't ever have enuff -emn?
Gleeman's Cape for 1 more Int on Blm?
Aslan for WOOT more mnd on whm?
Or Ritter's Gorget for maybe one day when I lvl pld?

Who the hell knows that's why I ask you ppl!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-07 11:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had PLD or a if ur DRK is a Zerg DRK Ritter is great, HP+ for zerg.

Aslan is very nice for WHM,

I have Iota and I love it, also a very nice solo ring w/ Agi and Vit.

If you have Toreadors or Snipers +1, don't get Iota, otherwise it does beat 5acc rings, a nice Rajas/Iota pairing.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-07 11:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends which jobs you like the best :p

I'd probably go with kubira beads ('cause drk needs 5% more damage taken <_<) > Gleeman's > Iota (assuming you already have a decent tp ring) > sell rubber/netherfield stuff for gil.

Edit: Totally didn't think about souleater, but there's now a campaign neck-piece with 5 more HP.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-07 11:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Depends which jobs you like the best :p

Yea that. As well as the gear for said jobs.

If you had PLD Ritter is the obvious 100% Choice though.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-10-07 11:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've thought about lvl'ing pld but it sits at 37 and every time I go to lvl it I find myself looking to do something different.

And no my drk won't zerg for alittle bit more I just got sea(lol@me)and have no homam.

Also I have that Assault Neck peice which has HP+30.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-07 11:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice :o All the assault ??? gear is stupidly rare.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-10-07 11:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I can't even think of the name of it right now..
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-10-07 11:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Rho Necklace
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-10-07 11:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd recommend getting the Gleeman's cape.

Mostly because 5 INT is as high as you'll find for the back slot, and getting it for free is rediculous. Only other way to see similar results is by obtaining an Ixion cape, which can take some time or a lot of gil. Unless you have a good HNMLS or a couple million gil to blow, then you're preventing yourself a good bit of hassle by getting a Gleeman's.

At the very least, you'd make the gil back from your Prism Cape (as you can macro in a 40k MND ring or something if you still need it for Stoneskin, rather than your ~450k cape). Guess you could put that gil towards whatever...
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-10-07 11:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Both mage capes are nice for RDM(highest INT or MND rdm can get in this spot) and for BLM aswell until you get Ixion (same for WHM)
Gleeman just "suck" cause you will have 20mp- while nuke.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-10-07 11:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Elvaan Blm tho and I know its not alot but -20 MP drops my already low MP with Nuking gear including Zmitts I sitt at 876 MP take another 20 away and Im barely 850. I know I shouldn't be worried about MP over stats but for my lolelvaanblm which would be better 1 Int or 20 Mp?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-07 11:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sovereign said:
I'd recommend getting the Gleeman's cape.

Mostly because 5 INT is as high as you'll find for the back slot, and getting it for free is rediculous. Only other way to see similar results is by obtaining an Ixion cape, which can take some time or a lot of gil. Unless you have a good HNMLS or a couple million gil to blow, then you're preventing yourself a good bit of hassle by getting a Gleeman's.

Gleeman's is 15k points ya? Say you avg about 2500 per, that's 6 runs, going twice a week that's 3 weeks. You can probably farm enough for Ixion in 3 weeks, and 6 runs x180k for lamp etc etc. Not really "free" I'd choose something that can't be matched by an AH piece, Ritter, Kubira, Aslan etc. Just imo.

Edit**

Ixion is also just plain better then Gleeman, -2enm and has MP Convert, which can help with ring proc etc.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-07 11:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill > MP

I would say Gleeman's if you play blm alot also. I would say pick something whatever the next job you play more.

Edit:

It is free unless you are paying for the lamp yourself, otherwise the LS pays for it out of their bank and it is free for it.

Oh you're elvaan, well then get something for whatever the next job you play more.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-10-07 11:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I play them all alot(well besides drk) And for whm I've thought about Aslan but right now I am using Errant Cape.

Ahhh the delema continues.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-07 11:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruma, it's free because he's probably doing Einherjar anyway (for Odin items perhaps) and because shells that actually win most of their runs generally don't make members pay for the glass :p
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-07 11:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Ruma, it's free because he's probably doing Einherjar anyway (for Odin items perhaps) and because shells that actually win most of their runs generally don't make members pay for the glass :p

ETC ETC ETC!

Still takes time, and food and shihei and what not etc! Also he could have chosen a dif item, or even picked items to sell E T C!, the main point was that Gleeman's is beaten by Ixion, and some of the other pieces he's looking at are not so easily beaten.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-07 11:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Double post sup.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-10-07 12:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Blazza said:

ETC ETC ETC!

Still takes time, and food and shihei and what not etc! Also he could have chosen a dif item, or even picked items to sell E T C!, the main point was that Gleeman's is beaten by Ixion, and some of the other pieces he's looking at are not so easily beaten.

Well, the point I was trying to make wasn't really which piece is better... it's pretty obvious that Ixion cape beats out Gleeman's in terms of use... the enmity down, MND boost, and +MP makes it the obvious choice. But that's all before you factor in cost, or the effort you'd put forth in obtaining one.

Gil is not exactly 'easy' to come by for some people, and thus shelling out 2M+ for an Ixion cape may not be viable, especially when you could spend that gil on other pieces that could even further improve your performance.

Depending on your linkshell, getting an Ixion cape for 'free' could take weeks, months, or be a simple impossibility. All you have to do for a 'free' Gleeman's is show up to a few Einherjars. Either way you get to macro 5 INT, which is really all you needed in the first place.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-07 23:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question, doesn't Gleemans allow you to proc sorceror's ring more easily? I mean I guess that's something you can force proc anyway, so ixion would be better for proccing uggy, but yeah.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-07 23:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Random question, doesn't Gleemans allow you to proc sorceror's ring more easily? I mean I guess that's something you can force proc anyway, so ixion would be better for proccing uggy, but yeah.

Ixion is much easier because convert HP changes ur HP but leaves ur base, so you go below 75% but stay full.
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-10-09 03:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

gleeman's is like 2m cheaper though and rdm can use it

i say get what will be most useful for the job you play most often, then get other items as you keep doing ein