WTB - Monk's Nodowa +2 (Asura)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » WTB - Monk's Nodowa +2 (Asura)
WTB - Monk's Nodowa +2 (Asura)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-13 21:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Interested in a reasonable price for this item, if available. Can shoot me in-game tell or PM with your offer if you have one.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-14 01:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not my place to say, but may I ask why are you interested in this item?

Is the description wrong and it's actually Kick Attacks rate +20% or is it just attack bonus on kick attacks when they happen, as many other items?
If it's the latter this piece is complete ***, isn't it?
If it's the former uh... It's interesting I guess, though I'm not sure it's gonna perform better than Anu Torque/Moonlight Nodowa. Did you test it on a spreadsheet?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-14 01:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause the augment is going to be permanent hundred fists and he's doing some insider buying before the update hits
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-08-14 01:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shh don't tell anyone, but they're changing Footwork back to kicks only. Boost x10 with Footwork up for ONE BIG KICK to kill any mob.

Seriously though, I kinda get gambling now in the hopes that augments make it worthwhile (buying low when everyone thinks it's utter trash is prob a good way to beat the market). I also understand wanting garbage items for completion's sake. Which is why I'm currently working on a Nagi.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-14 01:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I missed that Neck accessories are gonna receive augments too. Thought it was exclusive to weapons but I was wrong appearently!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-14 02:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I guess I missed that Neck accessories are gonna receive augments too. Thought it was exclusive to weapons but I was wrong appearently!

I thought it was exclusive to necks, didn't know weapons are getting it too. That would make some of them really impressive...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-14 11:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. Woke up thinking I had a seller with the discussion. Nope, it's the same peanut gallery on every thread questioning every sale and purchase... SMH

I specifically posted this in the sales thread because I wasn't really looking for a discussion about BIS vs LOLMnkneck, But meh, reasons:

I think there's potential in a Kick set with a good mix of crits

A lot of the recent Monk gear has some decent amounts of kick dmg/rate on them, I think that's an area that hasn't been explored much and I'm interested in building for it.

Sometimes spreadsheets do not calculate things correctly because it's a computer and trial and error can be insightful at times.

I specifically made spharai because it's the most "Monk" weapon, between subtle blow, counter, and kick attacks boosts. a weaker weapon than godhands but it has "alternative stats" that make it... Interesting.

Monk alone isn't the greatest dps to begin with, so between crits and kick attacks, I'm hoping to push white damage a bit higher with at+3 feet, relic+3 legs, neck, cape, and relic weapon.

I want it

It's blue

The augments could potentially be very good

Yes moonbow+1 is BIS on paper but I think people tend to take one look at an item and jump the gun with the whole "this sucks; doesn't beat XYZ item". People said the same about the new wsd ring and quietly people are backpedaling.

Honestly though, what does it matter? It's virtual money for a virtual item. If it's not the greatest for the purpose of dps, oh well... But don't you guys get bored of stalking every wtb/wts thread and psycho analyzing every decision someone makes? I've seen it on every thread where someone was buying and selling. Just let people have their fun and do what they want with their money?
[+]
 Asura.Skitz
user: Yocuz
By Asura.Skitz 2018-08-14 11:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Buukki i know a few crafters and they are holding out on selling necks. Prices are about to sky rocket in September so its unlikely a reasonable price is a true goal.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-14 12:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think (any) augment is going to make (any not whm/rdm) necks more valuable, you're in for a rude awakening.

Sell that ***and claim your idiot tax NOW, before the surprise hp+10 vit+10 augments.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-08-14 12:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you think (any) augment is going to make (any not whm/rdm) necks more valuable, you're in for a rude awakening.

Sell that ***and claim your idiot tax NOW, before the surprise hp+10 vit+10 augments.

Rune is best for meva set, slap some dt or something on it and call it a day!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-14 12:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There will be one reallllllllllllly good torque. Like WSD +20 or fast cast +10.

The rest will get Defense+ hp+ CHR+ att+

That's just how they do things. For every OMG! there's 20 oh. my. god.
By SimonSes 2018-08-14 12:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There will be one reallllllllllllly good torque. Like WSD +20 or fast cast +10.

The rest will get Defense+ hp+ CHR+ att+

That's just how they do things. For every OMG! there's 20 oh. my. god.

I think all +2 will be OMG!
The problem is augmenting system will be oh.my.god.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-14 12:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Skitz said: »
Buukki i know a few crafters and they are holding out on selling necks. Prices are about to sky rocket in September so its unlikely a reasonable price is a true goal.

That's fine. Monk is Monk, I'm not about to put my cape on for this job by any means. I'll settle for nq if it becomes exorbitant.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-08-14 13:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'll settle for nq if it becomes exorbitant.

What's exorbitant to you? Because going rate for JSE +2 necks is already like 200mil, if people are even willing to sell (and not holding for September and hoping to jack the prices up way more when augments show up). If you're interested in playing around with white damage builds for lulz, you could make a freaking Verethragna for a similar price as current market rates. That's enough to significantly dampen my interest, but I digress, I don't particularly care about what other people are buying/selling outside of understanding pricing and demand for my own information.

Wow. Woke up thinking I had a seller with the discussion. Nope, it's the same peanut gallery on every thread questioning every sale and purchase... SMH

FWIW, I'm not questioning your desire to play around with an item at all - totally respect that. I just posted cause there was a thread on the main page that I clicked on, and I chuckled at Eiryl's joke. I really don't think there are many people intentionally "stalking" WTB/WTS threads, as much as it is people who just click out of curiosity and then discuss cause there's only so much current conversation going on about a decade and a half old game.

Not to speak for Sechs, but it didn't seem to me like he was trying to be a jerk, he's just interested in MNK and maybe had some legitimate curiosity about what he might have been missing about the item. Then there were a couple of jokes and some people commenting on when/whether necks and weapons were getting augments. If anything, a few replies keep your topic in the recent threads and increase the chance a seller will see it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-14 13:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
If anything, a few replies keep your topic in the recent threads and increase the chance a seller will see it.

This is important information. In this "time" there is no such thing as "bad publicity". Getting in front of eyeballs, for any reason, is a good thing.

To clarify, there is no downside to anything being said, positively or negatively. A seller is going to sell regardless how much negative things are said about "item" if you're willing to pay "price".
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-14 23:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What's exorbitant to you? Because going rate for JSE +2 necks is already like 200mil

200M for Monk Necklace is exorbitant, because it's still monk. I don't think they could include anything augment-wise on the neck that would significantly impact the job in any meaningful way. I'm expecting the same run-of-the-mill improvements.

They are Job-specific necks, so there's a small chance the items will enhance JA(s). Monk has no real impressive JAs I could see this neck improving, unless they add something truly unique (like turns Chakra into AOE, etc).

There's really only 1-2 necks at this current time that may be worth that kind of price tag. The rest don't come close, just sellers holding onto a "gold mine".
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-15 07:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to speak for Sechs, but it didn't seem to me like he was trying to be a jerk, he's just interested in MNK and maybe had some legitimate curiosity about what he might have been missing about the item.
Exactely!
I even said it, really surprised you, of all people, took it the wrong way from *me*, Buukki.

I was just curious to see wether you were getting something wrong out of the item description (like misreading Kick attack+20 for Kick rate+20%), or maybe if that was the case for me.
Of course I had completely forgotten that necks are getting augments as well.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-15 14:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well You hurt my Monk feelings
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-08-15 15:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont mind him, he is a galka
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2018-08-15 17:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

So is the Buukki
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2018-08-15 17:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

So is the Buukki
By fonewear 2018-08-15 18:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shh don't tell anyone, but they're changing Footwork back to kicks only. Boost x10 with Footwork up for ONE BIG KICK to kill any mob.

Seriously though, I kinda get gambling now in the hopes that augments make it worthwhile (buying low when everyone thinks it's utter trash is prob a good way to beat the market). I also understand wanting garbage items for completion's sake. Which is why I'm currently working on a Nagi.

New job ability called kick ***. You literally kick the mobs ***. For 10,000 DMG !
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-15 18:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

New job ability called kick ***. You literally kick the mobs ***. For 10,000 DMG !
Added to Jan 2019 update
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-15 22:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they will do that and add a 5min timer to it.

We would get another 50 pages worth of ranting and bickering.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-09-21 12:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Once Aug new stat added:”MMGA” (making monk great again)
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-21 14:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Once Aug new stat added:”MMGA” (making monk great again)
Monks munching glue again
[+]