First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 67 68 69
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-08-08 15:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
IMO this forum and any forum would be better if people just blocked out people whose posts they don't like rather than make posts to say as such. I swear 50% of the posts on FFXIAH are people telling each other they are ***posters/shouldn't post/I hate you/you are a noob/etc.

You could apply that to pretty much anything now a days. Its just words, right?

*Note: I have not been offended by anything, just stating.* >.>
By clearlyamule 2018-08-08 15:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO this forum and any forum would be better if people just blocked out people whose posts they don't like rather than make posts to say as such. I swear 50% of the posts on FFXIAH are people telling each other they are ***posters/shouldn't post/I hate you/you are a noob/etc.
Oh you're so getting blocked for this! Also you're tacky and I hate you
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-08 15:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Master trials should offer unique rewards you won't find anywhere else

I'm actually kind of wondering why SE is making more Master Trials without any real reward. This all sounds like a huge setup to release a new quest/content that requires either the base weapons, or the fights to be completed. They've quietly done things like this before, where they slowly added seemingly useless quests and fights, only to turn on the "GOTCHA" button and make something amazing come from the entire questline (Mog Gardens, Imprimatur Coalitions, SoA Earring/Neck questline come to mind.).

I would not be surprised if these Master Trials and the cosmetic weapons are nothing more than Pre-requisites to something bigger they are planning. If history has proven anything, everyone should make an effort to clear Master Trials now so they aren't on the outside looking in if/when SE releases a real reward from these fights.
[+]
 Asura.Cloudblade
Server: Asura
By Asura.Cloudblade 2018-08-08 15:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't been able to log in since the update, but I was wondering what the lockout time is for this content?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-08-08 15:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cloudblade said: »
Haven't been able to log in since the update, but I was wondering what the lockout time is for this content?
It's restricted to the amount of silver vouchers you can get. 10 from the roes, and you can buy 5 a month. You also get a free orb from talking to the guy. Mars orbs are 6 vouchers, and venus are 10.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-08 15:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Oh you're so getting blocked for this! Also you're tacky and I hate you
Omg lol :dead:
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-08 15:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Numquam said: »
Can this smn burned?
I Dano can your smn burn?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SeekerStar 2018-08-08 15:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone said (pg3?) that hex IDs were different for each mimic. Sample size was 3, I believe.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-08 15:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone been able to find mob ID or anything to hack it yet?
Someone reported the Mimic changed 3 times in a row. But I don't know if anyone has checked non mimic IDs. Even just knowing a few safe ones could be nice
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 15:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of IDs it would be nice to have APradar working again so you can see them. Don't even know what people use to view ID anymore.

This thing now? KenshiDRK/mappy
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-08 15:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's certainly within the realm of possibility to use this knowledge to avoid a mimic. I think some 75 era BCNMs were vulnerable to this. That said, they haven't made the mistake of using static chest IDs on any content in recent memory. I'm not expecting any potential exploits with this.
By Faelar 2018-08-08 15:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Speaking of IDs it would be nice to have APradar working again so you can see them. Don't even know what people use to view ID anymore.

There are Windower Addons that you can use for that.
InfoBar and TargetInfo both have it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-08-08 15:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

mars orb- 5 chest with 'thud' macuil horn, voidwrought plate x2 akvan pennons

venus orb- 3 chest without the thud and more crafting materials/vagary mats.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-08-08 16:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I know people want to get as much loot out of this as possible. But using 3rd-party options to figure out the IDs of the chests feels like such a cheating method to me. I mean, even if it turns out the chest is unbeatable, shouldn't that make the content unique in itself? It's basically punishing you for your greed. Idk, I'd rather try and figure out a battle stratergy for it than cheat.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 16:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you got something everytime you entered, then yes, it would be gambling/greed

Hitting a mimic on the first box can be described as nothing but absolute ***.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-08-08 16:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you got something everytime you entered, then yes, it would be gambling/greed

I appreciate that. But even there, it is a small chance of occurring. As you have a 1/12 chance of hitting the death boxn at the start. And besides, you can always farm another pop.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-08 16:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but remember how much more fun the antlion fight was when 1 was a dhamel?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 16:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want people to feel the need to cheat, don't use "*** you" mechanics.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-08 16:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
I know people want to get as much loot out of this as possible. But using 3rd-party options to figure out the IDs of the chests feels like such a cheating method to me. I mean, even if it turns out the chest is unbeatable, shouldn't that make the content unique in itself? It's basically punishing you for your greed. Idk, I'd rather try and figure out a battle stratergy for it than cheat.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Omen chests were fairly random afaik. I think the mimic is spawned after you open the 'death box'. If this is the case, it's almost certain that there's no way to exploit it. If the mimic is the death box, as was in some older content, then it's probably exploitable.

I also feel the mimic is going to be reasonable for an experienced group once a viable strategy is discovered. People who don't want to group can rely on luck. NAs tend to panic and overestimate the difficulty of new content that doesn't die the first time they glance at it.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-08 17:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

I appreciate that. But even there, it is a small chance of occurring. As you have a 1/12 chance of hitting the death boxn at the start. And besides, you can always farm another pop.
You can only do this so much a month so you’re incorrect you can farm another pop. Example on my main 3/3 death on first box. I can farm amother pop plus if I did it would be only one more. So your logic is missing Es point.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-08 17:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
bring a friend for raise, solo you lose raise and instant die(you lose basically) if you pop mimic
Facts
 Sylph.Pve
Server: Sylph
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2018-08-08 19:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Another lucky winner

Higher droprate than actual Omen? lol

EDIT: Venus Orb, Horlais Peak, first chest was loud thud and exit on gold chest.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-08 19:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like it is a better drop rate on all of the body pieces. Far more reported in this thread than the first week or two of the original Omen thread.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 67 68 69