Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-05 10:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much, yeah. Normal thud can give pulse weapon though
By Felgarr 2019-11-05 11:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My rule of thumb is to open the gold chest after 2 or more thuds OR 1 or more Loud Thuds. I have gotten an omen body from 3 thuds (which likely means the omen body came from the Gold Chest itself, instead of the thuds, but I digress..) If I get a regular Thud, I keep trying until I get a Loud Thud or 9/10 chests ...or obviously, a mimic.

And of course, on any Loud Thud, I open immediately. I've gotten Loud Thud on the first chest and opened a one or 2 more chests after that, but I wouldn't recommend it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-12 02:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Happened to me a few months ago.
After months of absolutely nothing but shitty mats or Zi'tah/Ru'aun stupid weapons from Loud Thuds, a couple of months ago I got not 1 but two Omen bodies from AMAN trove.

Too bad they were the wrong ones and too bad I didn't have mules to sell them lol, but w/e
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Server: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-11-12 02:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My Galka mule (on the same account as Minimuse) got a Dagon body, 1st chest, thud. Two items. Either 2 items came from the thud chest or the Dagon body was already in the gold chest?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-12 02:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the second thing you said.
The Gold Chest has a chance (very low chance) of being a Loud Thud.
When that happens there is a further low chance of that Loud Thud from the gold to give you an Omen Body.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-12 02:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I have 2 Nisroch Jerkins which are basically outdated, and IMO is 2nd from last (before Udug) best anyway. I wish I had Dagon mostly.

Nisroch is still pretty great for RNG COR Empy AM3 up crit builds (if Double Shot down so not using Arcadian Jerkin +3)

I really wanted Udug for the longest time due to PUP having so few DT- body options until Malignance Tabard came along (1 less DT-, lots more Meva). But I got Malignance body drop last week, so now I really don't care much! And don't @ me 'bout no puppet nuke builds...

Asura.Sechs said: »
Pretty much, yeah. Normal thud can give pulse weapon though

Really? We're sure that's normal thud and not loud thud/Terminal Coffer? Because I could use a few more pulse weapons on main & mule, and that might make me open the chest when I'm sitting on multiple Thuds instead of continuing to fish for loud thuds...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-12 02:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not entirely sure about that, but considering reports I've read here and from friends, my personal experience and considering Pulse weapon are much more common (and can come from Gobbie chest as well, I got quite a few myself, that I trashed lol).

Well... considering all that it doesn't seem that unlikely to me that Pulse Weapon can come from "Thud" and not simply from the Gold Chest.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-12 04:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The last pulse weapons i got from aman were actually zitah super rare item, and imo they should fall in the super rare drop category from loud thuds (that should have items like gyve doublet and tartarus platemail).

I dont recall getting a pulse non-ilv from aman. I think those should be restricted to gobbie chest.

And its a good thing no old gear is in aman. Reduce the pool quite a lot, unlike chests, that can give any lv1-119 junk
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-11-16 18:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, this round loud thuds are being quite rare...

and when they pop... 3 loud thuds for vexed somen, bewitched harmness and bewitched cap.

I wonder what was the deal of putting NQ cursed item on loud thud pool... just to troll i guess.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-11-16 18:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

2/8 of my runs I opened a 9 noise chest instance lol.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-16 18:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
2/8 of my runs I opened a 9 noise chest instance lol.

And i already opened 10 chests 3 times. I guess thats enough to prove there will be always one mimic in play?
By DononofSylph 2019-11-16 20:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Got back to back first chest Loud Thuds on Mars.

Handful of nothing but 500k mats and weak gear, first every loud thuds in forever
By tyalangan 2019-12-12 09:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have finally finished my Gold Chest only testing (because if I do anymore I will go mad) with Venus Orb and Mars Orbs. I have updated along the way but here are the final results: TLDR The take away here is that it seems to be best to go for Loud Thud with Mars Orbs/Venus orb as it sounds like with that route you will get money back in return for your gil if you purchase orbs or vouchers. Panda showed a chart with Venus orbs having double the Loud Thud rate and since they do not cost double the vouchers of a Mars orb it seems best to go Venus Orb when you can.

MARS ORB:

--Round One
1/99 Nisroch Jerkin
11: General Equipment (zitah, ruaun, htbf)
1: Annealed Lance (I assume this should go in general equipment but separated it to highlight a special item now that pulse are desired)

--Round Two
0/137
22 General Equipment (5 zitah, 9 htbf, 2 Gyvre Doublet, 5 vagary, enforcer's harness)

-- 1/236 = .004% If I got two body drops in a row after this it would still be 1% drop rate. So even though you'd need 1000 Gold chest only to get a real close number I'm going to assume somewhere between 1/2% to 1% drop rate.

VENUS ORB:

--Round One
0/4
4 General Equipment (zitah, ruaun, htbf)

--Round Two
0/100
85: General Equipment (zitah:30, ruaun:5, htbf:42, vagary:4, reiseinjima:3, reisein Aug: 1)
15: Macuil Platingx2,defiant scarf,defiant sweat,macuil hornx2,Duskdimx4,Waktza,boulder,beitetsux2,leafdim

0/104 = 0.0% This one hurt the most as I spent gil to get 10/10 Silver Vouchers on most of these. 100 isn't enough testing but I am going to say Venus Orbs have no change in drop rate over Mars Orb Gold Chest. Even if I got two bodies back to back after this it would be a 2% drop rate. Even though that is potentially double Mars orb drop rate it isn't enough to justify using a Venus Orb. It's unfortunate.

Another thing of note is that I did not get a single Ou drop out of all these attempts so its hard for me to say if they drop from Gold Chest, which I assume they should if bodies do, or if they have an equally abysmal chance as bodies.

The take away here is that it seems to be best to go for Loud Thud with Mars Orbs/Venus orb as it sounds like with that route you will get money back in return for your gil if you purchase orbs or vouchers. Panda showed a chart with Venus orbs having double the Loud Thud rate and since they do not cost double the vouchers of a Mars orb it seems best to go Venus Orb when you can. Both routes with Gold Chest only will not drop any items worth selling that will make up for the entry cost. I am going to do another 100/100 Mars/Venus with Loud only and see my results and add them to the results that have already been done on this thread.

soralin said: »
'Thud's are:

* HTB gear
* Zitah Gear
* Vagary Gear

'Loud Thuds' are:
* Bewitched / Vexed Items
* Pulse Weapons
* Omen Gear
* Reisenjima Gear (Including HELM drops)

I'm theorizing the distribution to be identical to as if it chooses between a Noise/Thud/Loud Thud for Mars orb, and it only picks between Thud/Loud Thud on venus.

This seems to be the case with Venus. Not sure about Mars as I think it heavily favors Noise more than others. If Reisenjima Gear is Loud Thud that is the only item from 'Loud Thud' list I received from the Venus Orbs which would mean Gold Chest produced a 'Loud Thud' 4% of the time. I believe Panda's results a few pages back had much better results from normal chest popping than 4%.
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-12-12 10:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO

Just did 4 Mars orb attempting Loud thud only and on my one loud thud I just got a Tartarus Platemail... kill me haha.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-12-12 10:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
LMAO

Just did 4 Mars orb attempting Loud thud only and on my one loud thud I just got a Tartarus Platemail... kill me haha.
My 4 loud thuds were
Bewitched pumps Venus
Router mars
Vanya clogs Mars
Escha Lance Mars
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-12-12 11:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
LMAO

My 4 loud thuds were
Bewitched pumps Venus
Router mars
Vanya clogs Mars
Escha Lance Mars
Sounds about right. Lol
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-12-12 13:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The take away here is that it seems to be best to go for Loud Thud with Mars Orbs/Venus orb
LMAO

You guys aren't going to believe this mess.. over 300 Gold chests and I just go 3/7 on Loud Thud with two being a Tartarus Platemail and Udug Jacket lmao. Guess SE felt bad for me...
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-12-12 14:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The take away here is that it seems to be best to go for Loud Thud with Mars Orbs/Venus orb
LMAO

You guys aren't going to believe this mess.. over 300 Gold chests and I just go 3/7 on Loud Thud with two being a Tartarus Platemail and Udug Jacket lmao. Guess SE felt bad for me...
I hate you (jk)but congrats!
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-24 19:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

so just getting around to cycling my mules. Venus Orb opened 9/10 chests, one Thud, no Loud Thud, and basically trash. there should be a *** prize for going 9/10 without getting the mimic.
By Pantafernando 2019-12-24 19:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There should be garanteed loud thuds as christmas gifts
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-24 20:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, if you open 9/10, the 9th should be a loud thud, even if you have had one already.
By ryukin182 2019-12-25 01:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
honestly, if you open 9/10, the 9th should be a loud thud, even if you have had one already.

No. I get at least 5 per month of 9/10, that would be broken. Stop suggesting it
By Pantafernando 2019-12-25 02:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually the 10th is the loud thud.

Try it
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-25 03:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »

No. I get at least 5 per month of 9/10, that would be broken. Stop suggesting it

How many characters are you running? I get Ka-thwacked long before 9/10 when fishing for a loud thud.
[+]
 Bahamut.Archillect
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Archillect 2019-12-25 11:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

When that happens there is a further low chance of that Loud Thud from the gold to give you an Omen Body.
Can confirm. Had someone in a previous LS get mad a getting mimicked, so they'd just run in and open the Terminal Coffer on Mars Orbs. 2x Udug jackets in 2 months.
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2019-12-25 11:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Archillect said: »
Can confirm. Had someone in a previous LS get mad a getting mimicked, so they'd just run in and open the Terminal Coffer on Mars Orbs. 2x Udug jackets in 2 months.

Maybe I should adopt this strategy. I always get mimic within the first two chests.
By tyalangan 2019-12-25 13:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said: »
Bahamut.Archillect said: »

Maybe I should adopt this strategy. I always get mimic within the first two chests.

Look at my post above for drop rates on Gold Chest only runs (over 300) then, if you so choose, the hilarious posts after when I switched back to Loud Thud farming.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-01-10 08:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea if it's been 100% confirmed yet but I can officially state Mars Orb can be 9X noise with no thuds or loud thud. :3

You can see the 9 noises in log and no chests but 1 ( mimic) remaining.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 67 68 69