the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 67 68 69
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-12-13 23:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We weren't expecting this from NNI, but I guess the Trove items are possible drops too. I think it was a box +1, but I was popping a bunch so I'm not 100% certain.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-14 01:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
This month I got a LOUD THUD! <3 <3 <3 <3

...a 180k mat was inside.
Feels like there's someone behind the screen laughing at me, trolling me :<

Sounds to me like the drop you were supposed to get is one you already have, and it didn't appear as it is tagged with Rare.

I have always seen a piece of armor from loud thuds (pics and personal pools).
Oh, that's entirely possible I guess.
Loud Thud was on first chest, I immediately opened the main chest after that.
Got 2 mats.
One was from the main chest I assume, the other from the Loud Thud and I guess it's because I got an item I already had.

After all I was alone so I assume it's probably what happened.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-14 01:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
If you're going into AMAN solo and don't want to short yourself on drops by possibly getting an Omen Body you already have, max out your inventory by separating your consumables (food, ammo etc) until youre 80/80. That way if something super rare drops that you already have but may want to sell, it will sit in your treasure pool and you might be able to invite someone hanging around the bcnm area if they want to buy it, or even ask a lsmember if they want it in exchange for something. Otherwise, you can re-sort your list and just lose it if you don't get the deal you want. This is better than outright NOT seeing the rare item you would have gotten, because you now have the choice (5minutes) of what you would like to do with it.
This works for stuff that would straight drop into your inventory.
Doesn't work for stuff that wouldn't even appear in your treasure pool because you already have one.

Example1: A Zendik Robe drops. You don't have one or you muled yours, but you don't need it/want it. Instead of letting it drop to your inventory and waste it, you can keep your inventory full to make the Zendik Robe stay in the Treasure Pool for 5 minutes.

Example2: You already have a Zendik Robe and it's in your Wardrobe2. Even if your inventory is full, you won't see Zendik Robe drop. Something else would replace it and stay in your treasure pool if your inv is full, or go directly to your inventory if it isn't.

Fenrir.Vaporeon said: »
The loud thud pool includes a good handful of non-armor crafting materials including Omen midboss crystals and all 5 Omen boss moonbow items. I most recently received a moonbow steel. My guess is Sechs got a moonbow cloth.
I don't remember which 2 items dropped but judging by my AH sales history I'd say it was Penelope's cloth and Belladonna's Sap.
Which was associated to the central chest and which to the loud thud chest, I have no clue.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-14 01:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Something else would replace it
Think SE outright said this isn't the case and you just lose the slot.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Spiketaru
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Spiketaru 2018-12-14 02:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Vaporeon said: »
The loud thud pool includes a good handful of non-armor crafting materials including Omen midboss crystals and all 5 Omen boss moonbow items. I most recently received a moonbow steel. My guess is Sechs got a moonbow cloth.
I don't remember which 2 items dropped but judging by my AH sales history I'd say it was Penelope's cloth and Belladonna's Sap.
Which was associated to the central chest and which to the loud thud chest, I have no clue.
I think Penelope's Cloth and Belladonna's Sap belong in the main chest or somehow the "noise" chests.

this was with 8 noises and 1 loud thud (clutched out at the end aw yis)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-14 02:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No, in that run I only opened 1 chest and it was a Loud Thud, then I opened directly the main one. No noise and no normal thud.
What I got were 2 mats.
I'm not 100% sure but very very confident it was those two.
 Carbuncle.Spiketaru
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Spiketaru 2018-12-14 02:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No, in that run I only opened 1 chest and it was a Loud Thud, then I opened directly the main one. No noise and no normal thud.
What I got were 2 mats.
I'm not 100% sure but very very confident it was those two.
Then that gives me a new layer of fear that I'll get nothing decent out of my loud thuds.
I've got a mule who has just about nothing that should be in the loud thud pool, so I know nothing's getting left out because it's owned by everyone... unless it's like a D.Ring or something.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-12-14 06:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did mars orb on Tuesday got Nisroch Jerkin on loud thud. Went back Wednesday for one mars orb again got Ashera Harness. Pretty nice I used all my luck with 2019 already it would seem lol.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-14 06:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

*Sechs misanthropy level rising over 9000*
[+]
 Odin.Bangla
Server: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2018-12-14 10:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a Belladonna Sap and solstice for 2 loud thuds.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-14 10:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess Belladonna must have been what I got from my Loud as well, and not the Cloth.

Can our luck get any worse?
Oh yes, it can. No Loud Thud at all, or Mimic on first chest check.
That would be worse! I guess?
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-12-14 11:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I view this post I would feel very depressed.

People only seem to post their rare success or post their continuous and seemingly endless failures. Either one would cause my depression.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-12-14 11:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm if crafted gear a possibility I wonder if HQ crafted gear is possible? Hell maybe necks and SU5 weapons? I doubt they would but never know.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2018-12-14 13:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Finding the mimic on the first chest I open seems to happen a lot more than it should, considering I usually open a different first chest each run, and for something that should only happen 1/10 of the time, it seems to happen 7/10 of the time.

I keep wondering if there's some other gimmick involved with Trove.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2018-12-14 13:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, has anyone opened all 10 chests?

I can completely understand the thinking that after opening 9 chests, the 10th one must be the mimic - but has anyone, just for shiggles, opened the 10th one anyway, assuming you're able to get that far?

I guess I'm curious to know if one of the chests is designated the mimic from the start, or if each chest you open has the same 1/10 chance of becoming the mimic, meaning you could potentially open all 10 chests without getting the mimic at all...?
By geigei 2018-12-14 13:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, someone took that bullet.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-14 13:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Out of curiosity, has anyone opened all 10 chests?

I can completely understand the thinking that after opening 9 chests, the 10th one must be the mimic - but has anyone, just for shiggles, opened the 10th one anyway, assuming you're able to get that far?

I guess I'm curious to know if one of the chests is designated the mimic from the start, or if each chest you open has the same 1/10 chance of becoming the mimic, meaning you could potentially open all 10 chests without getting the mimic at all...?

Yes there is pic in the past pages.

The 10th chest (if you get that far) is a mimic. There is no evidence of a run without mimic.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-14 13:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Finding the mimic on the first chest I open seems to happen a lot more than it should, considering I usually open a different first chest each run, and for something that should only happen 1/10 of the time, it seems to happen 7/10 of the time.

I keep wondering if there's some other gimmick involved with Trove.

If you want to be 100% safe you can just pop the gold chest

While you give up odds for thud/loud thud, you still can get omen bodies (its the only thing i could care tbf).
By tyalangan 2018-12-14 15:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

But the question is does the rate change from Loud to Gold only and if so by how much. As I said a few pages back I will be testing this as I get all my mules 99. I’ve done about 36 but it’s not worth showing data yet as it’s not a big enough sample.

Comeatme posted about 500+ attempts with 7-8 good drops for a 1.5%~ drop rate if I remember. So, it can’t get MUCH worse? Is anything in the game less than a 1% drop rate?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-14 17:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Is anything in the game less than a 1% drop rate?
Yes, many many things are and even more aren't known precisely. A lot of things are called 1% when really it's just 'in the region of 1%' and they very well might be 0.5%, 0.4%, whatever. You need a colossal amount of samples to be sure.

As far as things definitely below 1%, Girru, Ikarigiri, t3 sky vw glows come to mind but I'm sure there are more.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-12-14 19:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »

Someone wanted to buy for 150mil so I went to pop my orb on a chance and got it :D sadly they were afk so I only got 100mil for it.
Congrats
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-12-17 13:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a first. Only 1 loud.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2018-12-17 13:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that’s why I try to exit even after one thud. But man, to get two Omen bodies in one pool? And from a regular thud? What a troll.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-17 15:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Only reason this thread is still alive is for ppl to brag or complain.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-12-17 15:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nebohh said: »
Yeah that’s why I try to exit even after one thud. But man, to get two Omen bodies in one pool? And from a regular thud? What a troll.

It was one from one loud thud, other from center chest
 Bahamut.Nebohh
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2018-12-17 15:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you’re right but I’ve seen Omen bodies drop from regular thuds also. It’s still crazy to see two bodies in the same pool regardless.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-17 16:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nebohh said: »
Yes you’re right but I’ve seen Omen bodies drop from regular thuds also. It’s still crazy to see two bodies in the same pool regardless.

Porbably it isnt from regular thud but the gold chest itself.

Prob the pic means he lucked with the loud and the gold chest.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nebohh
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2018-12-17 17:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps. I really thought the gold chest was the exit out. That’s news to me!
By huttburt<3 2018-12-18 00:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
huttburt<3 said: »
This event is frickin lame.

Try not to get so butthurt over it<3
ok
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 67 68 69