Asura.Inuyushi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-09-12 09:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
in my ls 3 ppl got 4 bodies in a day, you also have to consider that 90% of the players don't write in forums
How many accounts? I've personally burned almost 200 orbs now, exiting on any thud or loud thud, and not seen a single omen body(1 kubira meikogai, a few zitah weapons, a handful of reis t4 drops, and a whole lot of trash).

SE knows what your accounts truly do, they're just getting personal payback and have blocked all good drops on all your accounts in this event!

#consipracy
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-09-13 12:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

in my ls 3 ppl got 4 bodies in a day, you also have to consider that 90% of the players don't write in forums
How many accounts? I've personally burned almost 200 orbs now, exiting on any thud or loud thud, and not seen a single omen body(1 kubira meikogai, a few zitah weapons, a handful of reis t4 drops, and a whole lot of trash).

You can do at most 3 mars orbs per account. One freebie, one from six silvers from RoEs, and one from buying 5 silvers and using one of the remaining four RoEs. That leaves 3 silvers for the next month. So assuming one account gets 7 orbs every 2 months you would have to have around 28-30 characters. I don’t know what is more staggering — having that many accounts or seeing that low a drop rate on your 200 orbs! :-)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-13 12:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
You can do at most 3 mars orbs per account. One freebie, one from six silvers from RoEs, and one from buying 5 silvers and using one of the remaining four RoEs. That leaves 3 silvers for the next month. So assuming one account gets 7 orbs every 2 months you would have to have around 28-30 characters. I don’t know what is more staggering — having that many accounts or seeing that low a drop rate on your 200 orbs! :-)
I don't do the *** RoE, just the free orb, 5 vouchers, and 1 from home point in home nation, so 2 mars per char per month. And yes, many people can vouch for how many characters I run.

I am not whining about my personal luck or trying to say the game is screwing me, I'm suggesting that we are seeing all the good results and many many more people are not getting good drops. The rates are likely not nearly as high as this thread makes them appear.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-13 12:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This ***is LITERALLY an iteration of ANV keys. You only always see the "good" drops, never the bad ones.

Open instagram and look at how many people post pictures of them on their "worst day". Hardly ever. You only see the good pictures. People purposely filter out that ***and it gives an inaccurate perspective on things.

Same deal here. People are burning dozens of orbs across multiple characters and then posting only the one screenshot of them getting something good, while conveniently ignoring the others. But those same people will say that buying Gil harms the economy, while pumping out 20+ orbs per month on every one of their toons. Nice fantasy world to be living in...
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-09-13 12:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
DirectX said: »
Yet more bodies probably dropped from them in the last two months than people got from omen bosses in the same period...

That's quite the stretch. People get excited and post because it's 'free' and they never thought they'd get them. If you figure they are ~1% from the bosses, 14 dead servers with approx 12 runs a day, asura and odin probably topping 50 runs a day, you're looking at like 80 bodies a month.

Is it possible more bodies dropped from this than Omen? Sure. We don't really have enough data to say it's fact, though. There is a severe reporting bias, if you look at the posts most of them are by people with 0-10 total posts that literally just signed up to post their body.
“Literally signed up to post their body.”

I giggled a little there.

feeling bored might delete later <3
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-13 12:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's typical outcome reporting bias. Players who obtain omen body drops are more likely to post their results than those who get alluvion skirmish stones. Despite this I still believe the drop rate on omen bodies is higher in A.M.A.N Trove than actual omen although I can't substantiate that with numbers.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2018-09-13 12:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

9 accounts total
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-13 12:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't. The comparison is badly skewed.

You can get 5 omen bodies in one event, where in omen yuo can only get 1/5, depending on the boss you fight. Throw in Tartarus platemails, Ou hands, and other neat/rare bodies (anointed kalasiris) and you have a badly skewed event. It's likely the same exact drop rate, its just players have a higher ceiling to repeat/obtain the drops.

Omen Bodies are sendable on POL, right? If average person has 5 mules, thats 18 orbs/month. Thats 18 chances to get one of five bodies, vs 1-4 (depending on canteens) to get one body doing an Omen run.

I highly doubt the chance of getting an omen body during anv keys were raised, its purely a numbers and probability game. This is nothing different than keys, except for the fact that you can lose and get nothing in return. But the risk is the same (none).
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-13 12:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the pool is the same as ANV keys as the Thud/Loud Thud seems to more frequently lead to a piece of gear. The ANV keys had a lot of trash 50 dial drop stuff in there. That's not to say you still can't get trash from the Thud/Loud Thud, it's just filtered more.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-13 13:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I don't think the pool is the same as ANV keys as the Thud/Loud Thud seems to more frequently lead to a piece of gear. The ANV keys had a lot of trash 50 dial drop stuff in there. That's not to say you still can't get trash from the Thud/Loud Thud, it's just filtered more.

Pool, schmool. I'm not talking about the quality of the "other drops"; we're only considering Omen bodies/rare nice ***in this particular instance. There's a ton of garbage in AMAN trove also, but if I remember correctly, there were a ton of people who posted they got rare ***like omen bodies from that.

My point is that it's a numbers game, and I don't truthfully believe aman trove or anv keys has a higher drop% on bodies than Omen actually does. It's probably the exact same number, but the amount of times you can repeat is significantly higher, and thus, more chances at said rare body.

If someone has 20 fully leveled characters for Omen, and did 20 straight Omen runs nightly; How long do you think it would take before they see a body and send it to their main? I think the frequency is about the same as aman trove across mules, its just nobody is that dedicated to have 20 fully levelled characters and spam 20 omens a night for one body.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-13 15:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Fenrir.Snaps said: »

Pool, schmool. I'm not talking about the quality of the "other drops"; we're only considering Omen bodies/rare nice ***in this particular instance. There's a ton of garbage in AMAN trove also, but if I remember correctly, there were a ton of people who posted they got rare ***like omen bodies from that.

My point is that it's a numbers game, and I don't truthfully believe aman trove or anv keys has a higher drop% on bodies than Omen actually does. It's probably the exact same number, but the amount of times you can repeat is significantly higher, and thus, more chances at said rare body.

If someone has 20 fully leveled characters for Omen, and did 20 straight Omen runs nightly; How long do you think it would take before they see a body and send it to their main? I think the frequency is about the same as aman trove across mules, its just nobody is that dedicated to have 20 fully levelled characters and spam 20 omens a night for one body.

You're making assertions about drop statistics without any supporting evidence while also deriding an explanation that does fit the current evidence. I'm not sure where you're coming from with that, it's hard not read this as anything but hubris. I'm also not stating that if your objective is to obtain a specific Omen body that exclusive A.M.A.N Trove is the best method to do this, just that 100 Venus Orbs (and potentially 100 Mimic kills) will likely produce more unspecified omen bodies than defeating 100 omen bosses (Ou exclude). I don't have any data to support this, it's my gut impression based on what people have been reporting and I'm forward about that.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-09-13 16:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend got a dagon breastplate from trove, he has 4 characters to do it on though, he got it from a venus orb.
By Boshi 2018-09-13 16:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Anecdotally, I have done >300 bosses and never seen a body. I have seen 3 hands (2 gauntlets) in 50 Ou though.

I think the going theory is ~1% drop rate on body, where the hands are closer to 5%. (also hands can drop in the 2nd slot also)
 Carbuncle.Spasm
Server: Carbuncle
user: Spasm
By Carbuncle.Spasm 2018-09-13 18:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Did 2 mars orbs, exited when I got "loud thud" no body just got defiant sacrf, sack of Leaforb stones +1 and Sack of Snowlit stones +1

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Spasm
By Carbuncle.Spasm 2018-09-13 18:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have any body piece at all. Is the drop not 100%?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-13 18:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't been particularly lucky with this event so far.
Altough I only had 4 attempts:

1) Mars Orb, Mimic on first chest
2) Venus Orb, Mimic on 6th chest, no thuds.
3) Venus Orb, Mimic on uhm... 4th chest? Or 5th? Think it was 4th, had a thud (normal, not loud)
4) Mars Orb, Mimic on 6th chest, had one thud, not loud.

I'm so doing it wrong! Yeah?

Post deleted by User.
By Boshi 2018-09-13 18:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

should have opened on normal thud
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Asphaar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2018-09-13 18:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So what’s the general consensus right now? Mars or Venus?
 Carbuncle.Spasm
By Carbuncle.Spasm 2018-09-13 18:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said: »
Carbuncle.Spasm said: »
I don't have any body piece at all. Is the drop not 100%?
So far it looks like it can be any 119 piece of gear, or any hexed/bewitched gear as well. (Except any rmea or reforged gear)

So if it was a random delve/omen or hightier battlefield item you already had, most likely it wouldn’t drop again. Because I am pretty sure loud thud guarantees at least one piece of “gear”

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.

Post deleted by User.
By Boshi 2018-09-14 10:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean nothing in this game is /100, it's either out of /256 or /1024 so I'm assuming it's like 2or3/246 or probably 10/1024
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-15 20:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucked it up and did RoE to blow another 18 orbs, finally saw an Omen body(nisroch, loud thud). Puts me at 1/258 if my char math is right. Interestingly, also saw a Makora Meikogai after getting 9 noises and exiting. Not sure if the 9 noise is a special case, but I would certainly think the Meikogai qualifies as a high quality drop. May be cheating ourselves by treating noises as worthless.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-15 20:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some runs with a group, and got killed by Ker-thwack even though we had RR up. It still wiped RR, but also KO'd us, so there was no way to recover.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 67 68 69