Why Is Invincible Shield A Rising Unity Trust?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why is Invincible Shield a rising Unity Trust?
Why is Invincible Shield a rising Unity Trust?
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-06-27 16:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Flavira is a nice DD trust (again, not as good as a real person DD) with an A+ polearm, DRG/WAR job with multi hit TP moves, jumps, and berserk. She isn't total trash.

I prefer Apururu to Yoran, but on Asura, Yoran is just always on top. Almost wasn't a week or two ago. It was close. I enjoy Apururu's little hat and think Yoran's mandragora outfit is horrible. Remember, sometimes, it's about looks. I know I could dat-mod them out, I suppose. What I really dislike though about Unity is constantly zoning because of all the homepoint warping and then getting the "This Unity is full. Thank you. Come again" message every time. It reminds me of the days when Whitegate was a new zone and sometimes too full to even enter.

I'm excited to see if they add Lilith as the new "Cornelia"-type Trust. I recall them having a contest where you could vote for the NPC that you wanted to see as a Trust added. A few weeks/months, they made a report that Cornelia had won, but Lilith was a shockingly close second place. (I voted for her). Honestly, I think they had always intended to add Cornelia, because who even remembers her? I think she shows up even less than Lion (and Lion story cutscenes have been altered to include her even more in times when she wasn't present at all). Yet another conspiracy, I suppose, but I'd rather have skimpy lowcut dress Lilith following me around than leg-squat crossfit basic-b Cornelia any day.

Anyhoo, I enjoy the comments on this post. They are making me think about changing unities. Someone earlier in the thread made a comment about unity gear only being useful for a few pieces anymore (refresh asuidy pants+1 are about all that come to mind right away) for having max bonus from being in 1st place unity.

Bottom line: Unity needs revamped in several ways. Will they? I highly doubt it. They may slap a bandage on. We probably wouldn't even have any issues if they added a cureskin/converting/Nott-using WHM non-unity trust and increased the limit on people that could be in unity chat.

I know my post isn't on topic. I've seen the Invincible Shield, August, and Amchuchu tank trust love. No Gessho love? You may be able to get free from the Yoran/Apururu unities if you were blink-tanking some of that damage, and he gets shadows up quite well. I suppose it all depends on your job and the content you are doing though.

Edit: Wait. They already did slap that bandage I mentioned on Trusts by giving them a minor level increase. That is the perfect example of the kind of bandage they would place on content too.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-27 16:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Bottom line: Unity needs revamped in several ways. Will they? I highly doubt it. They may slap a bandage on. We probably wouldn't even have any issues if they added a cureskin/converting/Nott-using WHM non-unity trust and increased the limit on people that could be in unity chat.

This. Unity was a straight fail from day zero. Chat is an absolute joke. Unity bonus almost entirely useless when there is only 1 good leader that the entire server uses.

Just remove that ***from the game (the system) but give all the characters out as normal trusts. Give the max + from being rank 1 and remove the +1~2
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-06-27 16:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That would be true, if the other trust options didn't offer something similar or better and didn't require them to be locked into a unity to obtain access to them. When you have to pick only one, the list is narrowed down. Outside of the Unity Bonuses you receive from picking them, outside of a few anomalies, nearly nobody is picking those other UCs. If that was the case, this thread would not seem so strange to the OP and we'd see more fluctuation in the ranking.

True. But you're kind of changing your argument. You started by saying there was no need to unlock them all because only 3 are good, and now you're ending by saying there's no point using anything aside from the 3 because the others are locked.

Draylo said: »
I wish they unlocked all the unity trusts but only gave bonuses to the one you're affiliated with. I never got to play with the others.

Outside of Yoran, Apururu and Sylvie (my choice for best UC all-around trust), what other UC Trust is even reasonably close and as-useful? Pieuje? Perhaps Naja for Peacebreaker? They others aren't that good. AAGK is already better than Ayame in terms of dps (translation: both suck, but aagk sucks less). I still don't know what the hell Maat even does. What trusts would you really use outside of the top 3 I mentioned? I actually had to go to the Trust BG wiki page to find out who the other Trust UC's were, because I've never once seen Flavira, Aldo, or Jakoh ever once not ever. SE made the picks for UC sooo one-sided, it's kind of like you almost don't have a choice to begin with.

They should have just made Cornelia a UC. I'd trade 50 of the trusts in my list to get her back.
By zaxtiss 2018-06-27 16:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Ayame does some fun skillchain stuff and will often give you tp.

Flaviria likes to start fights of with Angon.

Naja spams ws and you can pick which one she does.

Pieuje is a solid healer that can remove a lot of debuffs fast

Honestly most situations half of that is more useful for me solo/triboxing and even when I need a healer bush emperor is more than sufficient
you can choose what she does? how?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-27 16:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The "full unity" message on asura is annoying, but only because i cant pop in and earn my quick objective clear by typing "." in the chat.

To date, if you don't need a UC healer, Sylvie is the best UC you can use if you're not multiboxing. For every DD job, she will give you indi fury and entrust frailty to you (which is massive). She came in handy when I was soloing CP on DRG+DRK. When entrust wears, you can resummon her just like if/when Qultada double busts or KoH runs out of MP. If you happen to be on NIN, Sylvie will cap your haste with just her alone, as she will use Indi-Haste + Haste 1 (as a priority mind-you). This means you don't need to use 2 support on NIN to cap haste, which is very useful. She can remove debuffs super fast, and in my experience, she's always been the last person to die when things went bad (even clinging onto whatever HP she had and constantly spams cure4). She stands in range, never runs out of MP, but seems to have more natural magic resistance than many other trusts. My only gripe with her is she will use Entust Indi-Regen to NIN instead of fury or precision. Other than that, she is a champ and I'd rank her A.

Also Gessho - he's bad. Yes he uses Yonin and Voke, but so does AAHM. As long as you only have one tank with you, AAHM will tank (and keep shadows up) infinitely better than Gessho, due to his innate Utsusemi bonus. He'll also use debuff Ninjutsu, and will use Yonin if he's unassisted in tanking. I tested this on Wrathare: used Lion (she uses Utsusemi also), AAHM, Gessho, I was NIN, and KoH/Yoran for support. When it got down to the wire, AAHM was the last trust standing out of pure ability to maintain shadows after whirl claws wipe. Gessho died stupid fast. (I lost anyways, but proves Gessho can't tank ***for ***).
By clearlyamule 2018-06-27 16:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
you can choose what she does? how?
Basically each time you summon her she as far as I can tell randomly picks a ws (though there does sometimes seem to be a pattern) and will only use that one until you resummon her. With the right ws she will self skillchain a lot or apply debuffs you like
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-27 16:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
That would be true, if the other trust options didn't offer something similar or better and didn't require them to be locked into a unity to obtain access to them. When you have to pick only one, the list is narrowed down. Outside of the Unity Bonuses you receive from picking them, outside of a few anomalies, nearly nobody is picking those other UCs. If that was the case, this thread would not seem so strange to the OP and we'd see more fluctuation in the ranking.

True. But you're kind of changing your argument. You started by saying there was no need to unlock them all because only 3 are good, and now you're ending by saying there's no point using anything aside from the 3 because the others are locked.

Draylo said: »
I wish they unlocked all the unity trusts but only gave bonuses to the one you're affiliated with. I never got to play with the others.

Outside of Yoran, Apururu and Sylvie (my choice for best UC all-around trust), what other UC Trust is even reasonably close and as-useful? Pieuje? Perhaps Naja for Peacebreaker? They others aren't that good. AAGK is already better than Ayame in terms of dps (translation: both suck, but aagk sucks less). I still don't know what the hell Maat even does. What trusts would you really use outside of the top 3 I mentioned? I actually had to go to the Trust BG wiki page to find out who the other Trust UC's were, because I've never once seen Flavira, Aldo, or Jakoh ever once not ever. SE made the picks for UC sooo one-sided, it's kind of like you almost don't have a choice to begin with.

They should have just made Cornelia a UC. I'd trade 50 of the trusts in my list to get her back.

WHAT??? I didn't say any of the bolded, read it again. When did I say "there's no point in unlocking the others"? I simply said they weren't that good. Naji is trash, but he's available. I never once stated they didn't need to unlock the bad ones, just stated the fact that the offer less than the other 3. The last bolded part I literally didn't say. I said when you have to pick one option out of a list of UC, you're going to pick the best available option, outside of a few unique cases. clearlyamule has a unique case if he;s multiboxing. Newer players have a unique case or people who need the CP bonus and not the leader itself have a "unique case". Other than that, the list is narrowed down quite simply. I don't know how you read anything other than that from what I stated.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-27 16:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Look man you can pick what you want and the majority can also pick that but your arguments also apply to your patron saint UCs as well. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been like man sucks I have to use Ygnas because I don't have a unity healer. It's just they tend to more often be more useful to more people. And well some people want to stay the highest for gear bonuses. That doesn't mean the others aren't worth picking at all for anyone.

Also I see fluctuations in ranking every week so idk about it being strange
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-27 17:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's always going to be situation dependent for people who have Ygnas or run several characters at once (if you have a pocket GEO, WHM or BRD, you don't really need a healer or Sylvie, right?). That unique case is certainly different in need. It just so happens, what the healers and sylvie offers for the standard player is significantly more useful than any niche the other UCs offer.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-27 17:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »

This. Unity was a straight fail from day zero. Chat is an absolute joke. Unity bonus almost entirely useless when there is only 1 good leader that the entire server uses.

Just remove that ***from the game (the system) but give all the characters out as normal trusts. Give the max + from being rank 1 and remove the +1~2

I mean, at it's inception, it was a pretty interesting concept where the entire server could participate in a ranking system and compete. It was reminiscent of old conquest days. But that quickly got figured out within a few months when people had time to test which unity were leaps and bounds ahead of the others. The gear spread variation also solidified which UC people selected and it soon became influenced by overall usefulness; (What am I getting out off this unity bonus wise?)

A lot of people saying they don't use the UC healers are saying that now, but before Ygnas was released, what were they using? Back when that variable gear was some of the better accessible options for everyone, very few people purposely chose the lower ranked unity just because. Getting 5 triple attack or higher stp was clearly the better option. CP wasn't as popular back then as it is now, so miss me with the "people were picking it for the capacity point bonus". It was about the UC specific gear then. Not anymore. Who you pick at this current state of the game matters not, because nearly all of the unity gear is outdated anyways, so you're barely getting that bonus. But when the system over the years had the same few consistent leaders in the top slot week after week, it should have been abundantly clear the system was a failure after a few months.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-27 17:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record I only use the reason I rarely need a better healer is either I don't keep enough people in range often enough to need the AoE healing outside of Cp and well in those situations I'm cleaving so slots aren't too precious and can throw in Prishe or possibly my old non UC healer of Karuha. In the situations where better healing is needed I generally and bringing pocket whm.

Sylvie sometimes gets the nod because of that however in those situations I'm often running pets and/or she might have a hard time staying alive.

Flaviria- Used purely for zergs. I don't think anyone else applies a def down or at least unresistable. And it's pretty controllable in the since she starts fights with it if up.

Naja- pretty much only when I want to skillchain a *** and can keep up with her tp gain lol. Though I occasionally will use her for her ws that increase magic dmg. Also just for lulz with enspellga

Invincible shield - so I've tried using him for tomahawk since obviously would be great in those situations but idk maybe it was me but had a hard time getting him to use it right away. Seems more concerned with being the worst of face tanks

Ayame- Usually use her when using melee mythics as she gives me a little more leeway on maintaining AM3 without holding tp as much. Also she chains pretty good with Iroha assuming I have the slots for both