Random Politics & Religion #34

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 133 134 135
By fonewear 2018-09-20 14:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Viciouss said: »
Nobody is interested in his fantasy project.
Not true. I am.

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Not sure how dog whistles relate to racism
Me either man....lets just see how this plot twist turns out. Is it a well worded insult to transcend being racist, being another species, or is it just a long lost twin brother return like a soap opera. Find out, tomorrow on Days of Pee N Rrrr
These are the Days Of Our Lives...theme music plays
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-20 14:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how dog whistles relate to racism
Lefties like to pretend some speech is actually secret racist code. Therefore they call it a dog whistle as though only racists can interpret the code.
By Zerowone 2018-09-20 14:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Which wall? There’s two now.
By Zerowone 2018-09-20 14:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

US- Mexico Wall:

https://www.newsweek.com/border-wall-breach-tests-cbp-report-trump-cost-customs-failure-mexico-1128900

Got problems.

Spanish-Saharan wall:

https://abcnews.go.com/International/trump-suggested-spain-build-wall-african-sahara-stop/story?id=57964555

Oh, the lulz we’re going to have.
By Viciouss 2018-09-20 14:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh a Saharan wall, wtf. How stupid can Trump get, the world may never know.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-20 15:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
are you saying all white males look the same? thats racist

/killjoke

no it isn't.

racist is if you believe one race is superior or inferior to other races.

/killjoy

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-20 15:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

damn i didn't expect that to be taken seriously hahahahaha
By Nausi 2018-09-20 15:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Congressional democrats have fundraising ties to the accusers lawyers.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-20 15:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What sre the odds that libs have fabricated another vauge anonymous accuser before the weekends out?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-20 15:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is CJ lately...run out of anime?
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-20 15:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

*hands out xanax*
By Nausi 2018-09-20 15:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Accusers yearbook describes a scholastic culure of underage drinking.
By fonewear 2018-09-20 15:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
That was MY yearbook
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-20 15:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What is her name again for “research” purposes
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-20 15:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

my yearbook i quoted Bilbo Baggins "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like- and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

i didn't earn any superlatives btw
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-20 15:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Congressional democrats have fundraising ties to the accusers lawyers.

Who cares.

What sre the odds that libs have fabricated another vauge anonymous accuser before the weekends out?

Zero.

Get your copy today

That was easy.
By Zerowone 2018-09-20 15:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

*hands out xanax*

Pullin’ Up from 40, with yo’ shorty!!
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-20 15:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

lol!
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-20 15:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Where is CJ lately...run out of anime?
Me thinks a Topic Ban?

my yearbook i quoted Bilbo Baggins "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like- and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

i didn't earn any superlatives btw
I had a Gundam Wing one for mine "One should never give up until the end" or something.

Who cares.
IF, and big IF here, the tables were flipped, you would, and we would say "who cares" XD

Zero.
I'd agree here. Doubt the drama wont intensify another way tho. I'm still waiting for Kent Brockman to report on the Nude Sleeping in an Oxygen Tent. =)
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-09-20 15:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the figure of speech a "dog whistle" because only other racist can hear it? So... like, if the racist had hearing that can only be heard using a whistle that only they can hear then whatever the message would be, is only audible to them? wouldn't "hidden message" or something be easier to understand if this is the meaning? seems kind of convoluted and confusing. I had to seriously overthink this to figure out how it could possibly be contextually relevant to racism.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-20 15:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the figure of speech a "dog whistle" because only other racist can hear it? So... like, if the racist had hearing that can only be heard using a whistle that only they can hear then whatever the message would be, is only audible to them? wouldn't "hidden message" or something be easier to understand if this is the meaning? seems kind of convoluted and confusing. I had to seriously overthink this to figure out how it could possibly be contextually relevant to racism.
Welcome to the club. Turtle club sammich! =)
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-20 16:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gundam Wing, huh. I'm betting its unwatchable in this day and age. Especially since Iron Blooded Orphans came out.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-20 16:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gundam Wing, huh. I'm betting its unwatchable in this day and age. Especially since Iron Blooded Orphans came out.
I haven't bothered with Gundam since Double OO seemed to be a wanky fetish for just selling Toys and their Kits as much as possible. Shure, the story seems legit at first, but rewatched it, felt so shallow. Then something Build Fighters came? no more War, just Pokemon meets Gundam, and I was done with all of it.

I'm a huge Gundam SEED fan tho. Wing is waht got me into Gundam, I want to rewatch Gundam Wing, I tried a year ago, but got lazy with changing DVDs. 08th MS is probably my 5/5 rating on the ones that I have watched, before I stopped. /shrug
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-20 16:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dog whistle politics:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics
By Viciouss 2018-09-20 16:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't bothered with Gundam since Double OO seemed to be a wanky fetish for just selling Toys and their Kits as much as possible. Shure, the story seems legit at first, but rewatched it, felt so shallow. Then something Build Fighters came? no more War, just Pokemon meets Gundam, and I was done with all of it.

I'm a huge Gundam SEED fan tho. Wing is waht got me into Gundam, I want to rewatch Gundam Wing, I tried a year ago, but got lazy with changing DVDs. 08th MS is probably my 5/5 rating on the ones that I have watched, before I stopped. /shrug

8th MS team and 0083 are good spinoffs, Seed is just a knockoff of the original show. Iron Blooded Orphans is the best Gundam in the last 30 years. Its really good, no more of the kid stuff, its ruthless.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-20 16:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

8th MS team and 0083 are good spinoffs, Seed is just a knockoff of the original show. Iron Blooded Orphans is the best Gundam in the last 30 years. Its really good, no more of the kid stuff, its ruthless.
Yah 0083 started off good but just went kerpllafff at end. I heard director died mid story. I chalk it up to that.

Yes, I really like the SEED aspect of that remake of it along with adding the "bigotry" against those eugenically enhanced, and the crazed fanaticism on both sides. I liked original MSG and few sequels passed. Zeta was good, I have that old DVD set. ZZ, so much annoying.

I have a really big soft spot for X. Great concept, great designs, poorly handled story.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-20 16:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Dog whistle
Sounds like transcending racism insult, like speciesist! OMG!

Ya ya I know that definition isn't what it means at all and has lots of well rooted history of not being "speciesist", but since we can change the definition of what we are offended by or what we oppose, lets throw dog whistle to that!

It's insulting to say someone heard a dog whistle! You're calling them a dog! That's a hate crime! HATE!!!! /blows rape whistle
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-20 16:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gundam Wing is one of the few animes I could stand to watch for an entire series. Not that it was flawless or anything, but it wasn't prone to a lot of the irritating anime tropes that I was used to seeing.
By Zerowone 2018-09-20 16:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Dog whistle
Sounds like transcending racism insult, like speciesist! OMG!

Ya ya I know that definition isn't what it means at all and has lots of well rooted history of not being "speciesist", but since we can change the definition of what we are offended by or what we oppose, lets throw dog whistle to that!

It's insulting to say someone heard a dog whistle! You're calling them a dog! That's a hate crime! HATE!!!! /blows rape whistle

Yes but “dog whistle” is the intent to codify meanings into words so that the actual targets don’t pick up on the meaning; and if they do we can just play it off that we’re just talking about the surface definition.

Ex: people who rant about “Progressive Globalists” really mean the (((Jews))).
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 133 134 135