Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » MB vs Free Nuke Lua Setup
MB vs Free Nuke Lua Setup
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2018-04-25 17:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'm pretty new to GS and lua's, but I think I've got the basics down.

I seem to be having some trouble though. I'm wanting to set up a toggle to go between free nukes and MB. No matter what I seem to do though, my midcast set always defaults to what I've got in sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'] rather than sets.MagicBurst.

I've tried some copy/pasta stuff from other lua's (Kinematics etc) and nothing seems to want to work.

This is what I've currently got.

Obviously something is wrong somewhere, but I have no idea as to where that is. Obviously I want it to work, but I want to know how/why it works/doesn't work too. So if anyone can shed some light onto it, I'd be grateful.

Cheers.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-04-25 18:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Does your toggle work? When you hit alt-`, do you get any message in chat? It should say something like "Magic Burst is now On".

Asking because in your user setup, you've made the keybind for MB, then immediately unbinded the key.

Your post_midcast part looks ok.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
By Siren.Demetreos 2018-04-25 18:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I get no message whatsoever when using !`, even just now when removing the unbind line.

The only messages that I get, is when hitting F9 to toggle modes. Magic Burst does appear in those, though the same problem is there when it's active, in that it's just my ele magic set that equips in the midcast.
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-25 18:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shot in the dark, but, your state.MagicBurst might need to be above where you're binding keys, all of mine are above my bind's and it works just fine
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
By Siren.Demetreos 2018-04-25 18:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea what I did, but it works now.

!` changes the in MB mode and I get a message and my gear changes accordingly.

Though hitting F9 to get into MB mode doesn't work and it gives me my standard elemental magic free nuke set. Oh well, I can live with that, I'll just delete that from offensive modes.

Not entirely sure what I did to make it work, just reloaded after cleaning up some code and moving things around and it seemed to do the trick.

Cheers for the help!
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-04-25 18:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

OffenseMode modifies your melee set, not casting.
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-04-27 11:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Demetreos said: »
Though hitting F9 to get into MB mode doesn't work and it gives me my standard elemental magic free nuke set. Oh well, I can live with that, I'll just delete that from offensive modes.

If you wanted to do it like this then you should add it to CastingMode, not OffensiveMode.

OffensiveMode = Idle/TP gear while engaged.
CastingMode = Gear you finish spells in.
IdleMode = Idle gear while disengaged.

That said, the way you've done it is better if only because it overlays the magic burst gear over the existing casting set which using CastingMode won't do without tweaking.