String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 94 95 96
 Asura.Gotenn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-02-10 17:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the benefits I also see is when using a RDM maton, you dont have to swap into Ambu gear for the pet: MACC, you can stay in this stuff.
By Teuphist 2021-02-10 18:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
One of the benefits I also see is when using a RDM maton, you dont have to swap into Ambu gear for the pet: MACC, you can stay in this stuff.

A nice melee/mb build can turn out to be good...or debuff/mb.

I also see my old mnk sub tanking project gaining a bit more life here
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-02-11 17:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I just need Febiano to update gear sets in the guide, cause im not entirely sure where to put everything.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-02-13 13:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tested the new feets and gloves out there?
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-02-13 16:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the Ambu Back piece I get something like:

Level 119->120:
Some combo of DEX & Accuracy = ~36
Some combo of AGI & R Accuracy = ~36
Some combo of STR & Attack = ~37
Some combo of STR & R Attack = ~36
Some combo of AGI & Evasion = ~23
Some combo of VIT & Defense = ~43

completely guessing that it ends up being roughly something like +20 All Stats, 20Acc/Atk/Racc/Ratk & 13 Eva/Def
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-02-13 17:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Edit: Herculean/Tali'ah are dead, long live Mpaca! Head/Body/Legs are BiS for WSs, Hands/Feet for TP/Pet burn. And Neo Animator might turn out to be competitive, if we're lucky? Aw yiss.

Hey Aerix,
Would you mind elaborating a bit more on this please.

Are you using Mpaca Head/Body/Legs just for Shijin Spiral and Howling/Raging Fists ? or for all WSs ?

Mpaca Hands/Feet are they for Master+Pet engaged TP set or only the Pet engaged alone TP set ?

Also would you keep the Mpaca Feet for Pet only WSing ? with the Automation lvl+1 ? or keep Naga Kyahan as pet WS Feet?

Thanks a lot !
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-02-13 19:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a random thought about Pet Enmity and weather the pet is subject to the +200 maximum.

Had my main run 3x fire with full + enmity gear, double strobe, OF 1 and 2, So my pet had 247 enmity

mule ran same setup but with the 192 Enmity from attachments only ran +8 in gear to get exactly 200.

Timed it very close, Deploy on main, deploy on mule, Mules pet took hate. So both pets provoked with +200 Enmity.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-02-13 19:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time this actually matters is if your running double fire + single light.

With my full enmity gear I'm actually 213 enmity, so its possible to drop 2 pieces back to HP+ gear, so that I don't lower my pets HP and enmity loss from getting hit is reduced.
[+]
By Aerix 2021-02-13 19:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nalfey said: »
Edit: Herculean/Tali'ah are dead, long live Mpaca! Head/Body/Legs are BiS for WSs, Hands/Feet for TP/Pet burn. And Neo Animator might turn out to be competitive, if we're lucky? Aw yiss.

Hey Aerix,

Are you using Mpaca Head/Body/Legs just for Shijin Spiral and Howling/Raging Fists ? or for all WSs ?

Mpaca Hands/Feet are they for Master+Pet engaged TP set or only the Pet engaged alone TP set ?

Also would you keep the Mpaca Feet for Pet only WSing ? with the Automation lvl+1 ? or keep Naga Kyahan as pet WS Feet?

Thanks a lot !

I was being a bit facetious with that post, but going by the numbers I got in the spreadsheet while using the sets from the first page guide as basis (just substitute slots with Mpaca as mentioned):

Stringing Pummel:
Mpaca body/legs and possibly feet are BiS (Ryuo and Herc hit harder, but don't have the massive Acc)

Victory Smite:
Same as above, except augmented Mpaca might be useful over R15 Blistering Sallet +1 despite doing less WS damage, as the Skillchain Bonus would be quite significant for our Light SCs (which is the main use for VSmite these days)

Howling Fist/Raging:
Mpaca head/legs

Shijin:
No Mpaca unless you don't feel like making DEX/TA/Acc/Atk herc pieces

TP:
  • AM3 up, no DD maton: full malignance or mixed with Ryuo for max STP

• AM3 up or no AM3 with DD maton: Heyoka head/legs, Mpaca body/hands/feet mix

• no AM3, no maton: Ryuo head/legs, Tali'ah body, Herc hands/feet mix for fastest tp or full mpaca/malignance for safety without sacrificing too much TP speed

Mpaca and Malignance make it really easy to cap PDT or DT these days and to be honest, max DPS isn't really a necessity for any content. Being dead means no DPS, so I'd personally recommend going the safer routes.
[+]
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-02-13 20:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the details Aerix !
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2021-02-15 14:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

so, I am trying to export the augments on my capes to Gearswap, and my Pet -MDT10% comes out like this:

{name="Visucius's Mantle", augments={'Pet: Acc.+20 Pet: R.Acc.+20 Pet: Atk.+20 Pet: R.Atk.+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Pet: "Regen"+10','System: 1 ID: 1247 Val: 4',}}

anyone have experience with this?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-15 14:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That's just what they come out as, works fine

My THF cape has the same type of thing, no issue though

back={ name="Toutatis's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10','System: 1 ID: 1155 Val: 4',}},
 Leviathan.Restrat
Server: Leviathan
user: restrat
By Leviathan.Restrat 2021-02-16 09:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to go in solo and just Overdrive the fights in Atonement 1&2? I'm just looking to get clears
By Undula 2021-02-16 10:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yesterday i tried Dealan-dhe solo and killed it comfortably and fast with OD.
Just about to try the Umbrill right now, but not sure if the automaton can make it through the doom-spamm.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-16 14:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright so, ambuscade but pup specific. VD

The attachments build for not getting absolutely demolished by frostboys blizzaja nine. How much damage does it do, and which frame is optimal.

Or do you retrieve it and redeploy it. (not going to get taeon with DT meva) Rao/AMK head
By Korgull 2021-02-16 21:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Alright so, ambuscade but pup specific. VD

The attachments build for not getting absolutely demolished by frostboys blizzaja nine. How much damage does it do, and which frame is optimal.

Or do you retrieve it and redeploy it. (not going to get taeon with DT meva) Rao/AMK head

I use the Tank Turtle build from the bg wiki guide with no changes, at all; the only thing i do is swap from 2 fire 1 light to 2 light 1 fire to trigger the auto regen. I also use repair at around 30-40%.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-16 21:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It casts 15~ times and it does like 2400 on E, so it must be like 6k on VD even best case it doesn't feel survivable. automation magic damage being a huge weak spot.
By Korgull 2021-02-16 21:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done it twice with my mule PUP following the pointers i gave you with no problems. I don't remeber if we had a RDM on those runs, because paralyze helps a lot.

This is my attachment set:

<tankturtle>
<frame>valoredge frame</frame>
<head>soulsoother head</head>
<slot01>strobe</slot01>
<slot02>strobe ii</slot02>
<slot03>heat capacitor ii</slot03>
<slot04>mana jammer iv</slot04>
<slot05>mana jammer iii</slot05>
<slot06>regulator</slot06>
<slot07>armor plate iv</slot07>
<slot08>barrier module ii</slot08>
<slot09>auto-repair kit iv</slot09>
<slot10>optic fiber</slot10>
<slot11>optic fiber ii</slot11>
<slot12>flashbulb</slot12>

You could also try a steam jacket, since it spams only ice related spells.
By suuhja 2021-02-16 21:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

On VD, I see a little over 300 damage per cast with the turtle tanking set in the guide. Mana jammers 3 and 4, steam jacket, fire/light/water maneuvers.

Lock pet dt set (disable emnity swaps) during manafont and shouldn't dent the automaton past 70% or so.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-16 21:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the spells just aren't as strong as I expect them to be. Just didn't want to jump into it and look bad lol.
By Korgull 2021-02-16 22:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the spells just aren't as strong as I expect them to be. Just didn't want to jump into it and look bad lol.

I thought you already had a bad experience; its really easy tbh, just remember to switch to double light on manafont.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-16 22:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I was doing N's with not pups and getting hit for like 99% hp lol (no shell low mdt)

hadn't taken pup at all

I just know that Odin on VD does some serious magical damage and figured 15 blizzaja nines chainspelled wouldn't be pretty.
By Aerix 2021-02-17 00:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I was doing N's with not pups and getting hit for like 99% hp lol (no shell low mdt)

hadn't taken pup at all

I just know that Odin on VD does some serious magical damage and figured 15 blizzaja nines chainspelled wouldn't be pretty.

Anything that uses only one element will get heavily neutered by Steam Jacket, including Odin. 1 Water Maneuver and some DT gear will easily cap the maton's MDT (or even 0 WM with the right gear), while the Mana Jammers add a ton of MDB on top of that.
By Undula 2021-02-17 08:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have expirience with soloing T1/T2 mobs in Odyssey/ Gaol?
It would be nice to know if any of those NMs is outright impossible to solo to not waste KIs.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-02-17 18:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When will SE make a Foil attachement and and curaga spells for Maton ? ...
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-17 19:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
When will SE make a Foil attachement and and curaga spells for Maton ? ...
My wishlist is Tandem Blows and a subtle blow attachment :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-02-21 00:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nalfey said: »

Hey Aerix,

Thanks a lot !

I was being a bit facetious with that post, but going by the numbers I got in the spreadsheet while using the sets from the first page guide as basis (just substitute slots with Mpaca as mentioned):

Stringing Pummel:
Mpaca body/legs and possibly feet are BiS (Ryuo and Herc hit harder, but don't have the massive Acc)

Victory Smite:
Same as above, except augmented Mpaca might be useful over R15 Blistering Sallet +1 despite doing less WS damage, as the Skillchain Bonus would be quite significant for our Light SCs (which is the main use for VSmite these days)

Howling Fist/Raging:
Mpaca head/legs

Shijin:
No Mpaca unless you don't feel like making DEX/TA/Acc/Atk herc pieces

TP:
  • AM3 up, no DD maton: full malignance or mixed with Ryuo for max STP

• AM3 up or no AM3 with DD maton: Heyoka head/legs, Mpaca body/hands/feet mix

• no AM3, no maton: Ryuo head/legs, Tali'ah body, Herc hands/feet mix for fastest tp or full mpaca/malignance for safety without sacrificing too much TP speed

Mpaca and Malignance make it really easy to cap PDT or DT these days and to be honest, max DPS isn't really a necessity for any content. Being dead means no DPS, so I'd personally recommend going the safer routes.

Just got clear today, this is good info on what to aim for first, thanks. Not sure if I want to AG my ken or buy the armor first. lol
By Aerix 2021-02-21 00:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Get the armor first to start RPing. R15 Kenkonken is amazing, in my opinion, but there are other weapons that come close enough. Mpaca is pretty fantastic TP gear that generally benefits non-AM3 weapons a bit more due to the multiattack. Karambit also benefits greatly from the Heyoka/Mpaca crit.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-02-21 01:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly, will probably be some time before I can start RPing for them, don't really have a clear group for it, just went with LS members for a clear. So gear will probably be non R15 for awhile for me
By SimonSes 2021-02-21 02:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
sadly, will probably be some time before I can start RPing for them, don't really have a clear group for it, just went with LS members for a clear. So gear will probably be non R15 for awhile for me

You mean R20 or R30 :)
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 94 95 96